- Количество слайдов: 39
Welcome to Fudan Orientation for University-level Exchange Students Student Mobility, Foreign Affairs Office Fudan University, September 6, 2012
Organization Fudan University ISO … Foreign Student Faculty Mobility Affairs Degree Students Department Non-degree Students Department Different offices, different duties. International Programs Department … Dept. of Physics School of Economics International Students Office Foreign Affairs Office Provost’s Office President’s Office … FAO Dept. of International Cultural Exchange Chinese School (ICES) Language & (Language School) Literature
• FAO Student Mobility: Coordinating affairs in the Univ. for exchange students; Building a link between Fudan and students’ home institution; scholarship, advices • International Students Office (Non-degree section; housing section): General affairs concerning your study visa, status and other services; housing • School you register in: All academic affairs
Culture Difference • • • Enrollment and Course Registration The practice of bargaining for grades Long waiting lines, pressures of population Eating habit Dressing
Buddy Program • From year 2010 on, Fudan launches Buddy Program for incoming international exchange students. Fudan will recruit volunteers to match with exchange students, who will be a good peer in study and life on campus. Local students with experiences on campus will help incoming international exchange students to merge into a new environment as soon as possible and solve some problems new students will meet.
Semester Dates Registration for enrollment time and venue on your admission notice. • 2012 -09 -06 Orientation by Foreign Affairs Office for university-level exchange students • 2012 -09 -06 Registration Date for senior students (postgraduate level) and general advanced students (undergraduate level) • 2012 -09 -03/04 Registration Dates for Language students • 2012 -09 -10 Semester starts. • 2013 -01 -18 Semester ends. (Fudan-ITESM/Fudan-UC courses end in the 15 th week. ) Holidays • 2012 -09 -30 Mid-Autumn Festival • 2012 -10 -01 National Day • 2013 -01 -01 New Year’s Day
Visa Issues: Sample of F visa
Visa Issues: Sample of X visa
Visa Issues: Why Residence Permit? a. I get an X visa or b. I get an F visa but I need more than one entries during my study in Mainland China or c. I will be studying in China for more than 180 days or d. I get a non-study visa due to some emergency reasons
Visa problems Visa Expiration: how to count? What’s the consequence if expired?
• Physical Examination and Verification To get Physical Exam Record or Verification Certificate by Shanghai Exit-Entry Hygiene & Quarantine Bureau, you should book in International Travel & Sanitation Center. Fudan service schedule was announced by ISO: 8: 30 -11: 30 &13: 30 -16: 30 Sept. 5 & 6 @ 4 th floor, East Wing of Guanghua Towers • The address of the Center is No. 15 Jin Bang Road Chang Ning District (about an hour’s drive from Fudan or get down at Metro Line 10 Shanghai Zoo Stop and take 5 minutes’ drive ).
• Visa & Residence Permit Services Exit & Entry Bureau of Shanghai Public Security Bureau comes to accept applications for visa & residence permit. Fudan service schedule was announced by ISO: 8: 30 -11: 30 & 13: 30 -16: 30 Sept. 11, Sept. 17, Sept. 20 & Sept. 25 @Lobby of International Students Dorm High Building * Besides this time, you have to go to the Bureau (No. 1500 Min Sheng Road Pudong District) by yourself. Take Metro Line 2 to Shanghai Science and Technology Museum Stop and go out from Exit 3 and walk for 10 minutes.
• Medical Insurance Mandatory Medical Insurance should be bought at Fudan according to regulations issued by Chinese Ministry of Education. The cost is 300 RMB per semester. Insurance Company comes to help students with insurance information. In International Students Dorm Room 119, Insurance Company staff will be in office Monday to Friday during 13: 00 -17: 00.
Enrolling Day • Language Student International Cultural Exchange School（Guanghua Towers East Wing 4 th floor） Language Positioning Test will be given to new students. Language students will have a set of intensive language courses offered by ICES. LPT schedule will be announced by ICES on registration for enrollment. • General/Senior Advanced Student Step 1: Room 201 Foreign Affairs Office Step 2: Reciprocal department or school
Wireless Internet Access Use your student number and password to log in the wireless internet on campus.
Fudan Payment homepage • www. payment. fudan. edu. cn • Username: your Fudan student number • Password: same as wireless internet access
Course Registration • Language Student Course Registration in International Cultural Exchange School (ICES, Chinese language School) • General Advanced Student (non-degree undergraduate) Course Registration @ http: //xk. fudan. edu. cn • Senior Advanced Student (non-degree postgraduate) Course Registration @ http: //yjsxk. fudan. edu. cn/wsxk/
Register for courses • General Advanced Student • Website: http: //xk. fudan. edu. cn
• Username: your Fudan student number. Remember it because it is useful during your exchange study at Fudan. • Password: Try last six digits/letters of your passport number which you provided in your application, and use zero to substitute any letter in last six. Otherwise, try 666666/000000. First Phase: course registration in your own major or program July 2 12: 00 pm – Sept. 2 8: 00 am Second Phase: all courses open and final adjustment Sept. 10 12: 00 pm – Sept. 21 5: 00 pm Third Phase: Add courses Only / No dropping) Sept. 22 8: 00 am – Sept. 24 8: 00 am Course registration System will be close except these periods.
Classroom Code Explanation • E. g. H 6301 HGX 208 H stands for Handan Campus 6 stands for 6 th Teaching Building 3 stands for 3 rd floor of 6 th TB 01 stands for classroom 01 on 3 rd floor GX stands for Guanghua. Xifu Building (west wing) GD stands for Guanghua. Dongfu Building (east wing)
E-campus card • Usage: Fudan Student Identity Cafeteria Campus Supermarket Library (accounts need to be opened) Other issues • Follow the notice and take pictures in Room 107, Building 10 and you can pay the cost of e-card and get your own e-campus card instantly. (about 20 RMB) Sept. 11, 13, 14 for language students cards Sept. 14, 17 for non-language students cards @ 9: 30 -16: 00 Room 107, No. 10 Building
Library Resources and Email Box After FAO contact library office and IT team as a warrantor, FAO will help you to get access to library resources via e-campus card and use your email. Note: If you haven’t returned the books to the libraries before you leave Fudan, Fudan will NOT provide you official transcript until you undertake certain responsibilities including fines.
Exam Requirements Students with an absence record (including both asking for leave and absence without permission) exceeding one third of (including one third of) the course period will NOT be allowed to take the final examination, and will be scored “ 0” in this course. There should be no offence of the examination rules. Those who are absent from the final exam without either asking for leave or permission to leave will be scored “ 0”, and will NOT be given a second chance to take the exam again. Those who are over 15 minutes late will NOT be allowed to take the final examination.
Grading system of students at Fudan University Grade 90 -100 Rank in Class A General Point 4. 0 85 -89 A- 3. 7 82 -84 B+ 3. 3 78 -81 B 3. 0 75 -77 B- 2. 7 71 -74 C+ 2. 3 66 -70 C 2. 0 62 -65 C- 1. 7 60 -61 D 1. 3 Pass by make-up D- 1. 0 Fail F 0. 0
Transcript • Student Mobility Section will send official transcripts in English to your university’s international office at the beginning of next Fudan semester following your study period here. • So you needn’t bother to wait for it at the end of the semester.
Extend/shorten study period, change your registered school Step 1: Get the permission from your student exchange office in home university (email to incoming@fudan. edu. cn) Step 2: Apply to my office from May 10 to May 20 (for autumn semester) or Nov. 10 to Nov. 20 (for spring semester) Results will be revealed by my office by June 15 (for autumn semester) or by Dec. 15 (for spring semester)
Scholarship • free accommodation in foreign students dorm and it can not be cashed if you live off campus. • monthly stipend of 1100 RMB for 4 months (September to December), and 9 months for the academic year(4 months for each semester and one month stipend for winter/summer vacation) • Any behavior breaking P. R. China’s law or university’s regulations or failing in the class will lead to closing of your scholarship. • Provide your bank card number of ABC within the first week of new semester to my office.
• • • Campus Security Tel: 65642001 Emergency Call in China: 119 Police Emergency Call: 110 Ambulance Call in China: 120 OSE in Foreign Affairs Office: 55664152 Non-degree program Department in ISO : 65642250 • Shanghai hotline foreign visitors (free of charge): 962288 English, German, Japanese
• Personal Safety For a city of 20 million people, Shanghai is a generally safe place to live and study. Violent crimes are rarely known, and the government cracks down hard on them whenever they occur. Crime against foreigners is treated harshly showing a protection granted to foreigners. Most neighborhoods in Shanghai are safe, so it is fairly common for women to walk alone on the street at night. We have not heard of any place or neighborhood to stay away from at nighttime, but exercise caution and common sense in the wee-hours of the morning. The only personal safety problem one is likely to run into is the pickpockets. They are usually found in major tourist sites, although some people have had their walletpurse stolen in crowded places like buses. The best precaution is to be alert and keep your money and valuables well hidden. TIP: Do not trust strangers easily in the street. Do not show off your cash.
Road Safety Traffic accidents are a leading cause of death among travelers to foreign countries. They are at a risk not only because they are in an unfamiliar environment with unfamiliar and unrecognizable hazards but also because driving culture varies from country to country. Shanghai is no exception. Students are advised to exercise caution when walking. Once you have started to cross a road do not hesitate or make erratic movements. Shanghai traffic is very good at getting out of your way if you follow these simple instructions. If you are involved in a traffic accident you will be expected to stay at the scene until a traffic policeman arrives to facilitate transport of the injured party to hospital.
Students Club and Society • Sports clubs: • • 棒垒球协会Fudan Baseball Association 少龙拳术俱乐部Shao Long Kungfu Club 陈式太极拳协会Chen Shadowboxing Club 中国象棋协会Chinese Chess Club 游泳协会Swimming Club 乒乓球协会Table Tennis Club 板球协会Cricket Club 空手道俱乐部Karate Club
Music clubs: • • 笛箫协会Chinese Folk Music Club 余音社Yu Yin Club 燕园剧社Yan Yuan Drama Club 麦田剧社Mai Tian Drama Club 书画协会Painting and Calligraphy Club 音乐剧协会Musical Club 国标舞俱乐部International Standard Ballroom Dance Club 复旦歌社Fudan Song Club
Practice clubs: • • 环保协会Environmentalism Club 人与自然协会Human and Nature Club 旅游协会Traveling Club 数码爱好者协会Digital Enthusiasts Club 仁己社Ren Ji Club 国际交流学生协会International Exchange Students Club 创意与实践协会Creativity and Practice Club
Technicality clubs: • 生命科学社Life Sciences Club • 素食文化协会Vegetarian Club • 博雅学社Bo Ya Club • 复旦诗社Fudan Poetry Club • 国际问题研究会International Affairs Research Club • 人文学社Humanities Club • 零零舍社Ling She • 知和社Zhi He Club etc. • Contact info if you are interested:
International Students Club • Contact Ms. Tu in Foreign Students Dorm Room 121 (Tel: 65643857). Regional International Students Association Chinese Opera Club etc.
Welcome to Fudan!