- Количество слайдов: 34
Welcome to Fudan Orientation for University-level Exchange Students Student Mobility, Foreign Affairs Office Fudan University, Aug. 30, 2016
Organization Fudan University … Dept. of Physics School of Economics International Students Office Foreign Affairs Office Provost’s Office President’s Office … FAO Dept. of International Cultural Exchange Chinese School (ICES) Language & (Language School) Literature ISO International Student’s Affairs Center … Foreign Student Faculty Mobility Affairs (R 106) @ Southern Lobby of ISD Services: Insurance Issues; Visa Issues; Dorm Issues Off-campus Accommodation Registration Form and Others Office Hour: Monday to Friday 8: 00 -11: 30 am, 1: 30 -5: 00 pm
Semester Dates Enrollment time and venue on your admission notice. • 2016 -08 -30 Enrollment Day • 2016 -09 -05 Semester starts • 2017 -01 -06 Semester ends (Fudan. ITESM/Fudan-UC courses end before Christmas) Holidays • 2016 -09 -15 Mid Autumn Festival Sept. 18 replaces Sept. 16’s(Friday) classes • 2016 -10 -01~07 National Day Break Oct. 8 and 9 replace Oct. 6 and 7’s classes • 2017 -01 -01 New Year’s Day
• Mandatory Medical Insurance should be bought at Fudan according to regulations issued by Chinese Ministry of Education. The cost is 400 RMB per semester.
Visa Issues: Sample of X 2 visa • One-semester exchange (less than 180 days) • Single entry
Visa Issues: Sample of X 1 visa • Study in China for more than 180 days • Must change to Resident Permit within 30 days after entry • Multiple entries with Resident Permit
Visa problems Keep in mind --visa expiration date What’s the consequence if expired? Over-stay: fine up to RMB 5000 yuan
• Physical Examination and Verification To get Physical Exam Record or Verification Certificate by Shanghai Exit-Entry Hygiene & Quarantine Bureau, you should book in International Travel & Sanitation Center. Fudan service schedule was announced by ISO: 8: 00 -11: 30 am & 1: 00 -2: 30 pm (first come, first serve) Sept. 3 , 4 , 10 and 11 @ Lobby of International Student Dormitory (please reserve a number for Physical Examination when you do enrollment at the International Student’s Affairs Center from Aug. 29 to Sept. 10) Documents Needed: 1. Admission Notice 2. Original and photocopies of your passport photo page and entry stamp page 3. 4 passport-size photos (2 -inch) 4. Fee (about RMB 600 yuan+RMB 60 yuan for booking fee) • The address of the Center is No. 15 Jin Bang Road Chang Ning District (about an hour’s drive from Fudan or get down at Metro Line 10 Shanghai Zoo Stop and take 5 minutes’ drive ).
• Visa & Residence Permit Services Exit & Entry Bureau of Shanghai Public Security Bureau comes to accept applications for visa & residence permit. Central Office: 1500 Min Sheng Road, Pudong District 浦东新区民生路 1500号 （office hour: 9 am-5: 00 pm, Monday to Saturday) Tel: 22170246 Tips: Take Metro Line 2 to Shanghai Science and Technology Museum Stop and go out from Exit 3 and walk for about 10 minutes. Yangpu Branch: 605 Songhu Road, Yangpu District 杨浦区淞沪路 605号 （office hour: 9: 00 am-5 pm, Monday to Saturday) Tel: 22170246 Tips: Take bus 168 (opposite main gate) to Zhengli Road or ride a bike there in 10 minutes. Documents Needed: 1. Valid Passport 2. Admission Notice 3. JW 202 (visa application form) 4. Physical Examination Report 5. Introduction Letter for Visa 6. One passport-size photo (2 inch) 7. Registration Form of Temporary Residence 8. Fee (about RMB 400 yuan)
E-campus card • Usage: Fudan Student Identity Cafeteria Campus Supermarket Library (accounts need to be opened) Other issues • Follow the notice and take pictures in Room 107, Building 10 and you will get your own e-campus card instantly. Aug. 31 & Sept. 1, Sept. 12, Sept. 13, Sept. 14 9: 15 -11: 30 am & 1: 30 -4: 00 pm @ Room 107, No. 10 Building Besides the above dates, every Wednesdays throughout semester.
Course Registration • General Advanced Student (non-degree undergraduate) Course Registration @ http: //xk. fudan. edu. cn
• • Username: your Fudan student number. Remember it because it is useful during your exchange study at Fudan. Password: Try last six digits/letters of your passport number which you provided in your application, and use zero to substitute any letter in last six. Otherwise, try 666666/000000. First Phase: course registration in your own major or program June 29 13: 00 – Aug. 29 10: 00 Second Phase: all courses open and final adjustment (Drop courses you don’t need) Sept. 5 13: 00 – Sept. 16 16: 00 Third Phase: Add courses ONLY, NO DROPPING Sept. 17 10: 00 – Sept. 19 10: 00 Mid-Term Course Dropping Week: Oct. 26 10: 00 to Nov. 2 10: 00 “期中退课” Course dropping fee: （130 yuan/credit) If you take the same course for the second time, you need to pay the Course re-taking fee: (130 yuan/credit). Course registration System will be close except these periods. TIP: Double check the course name, timetable and classroom in the system during the third phase. Changes must be done manually in the system before third phase (e. g. Chinese language course). Print out the schedule or save it in your computer after it’s done. After the course registration system closes, you can’t login again and your course registration couldn’t be changed any more.
Check Course Registration and Grades
Classroom Code Explanation • E. g. H 6301 HGX 208 H stands for Handan Campus 6 stands for 6 th Teaching Building 3 stands for 3 rd floor of 6 th TB 01 stands for classroom 01 on 3 rd floor GX stands for Guanghua. Xifu Building (west wing) GD stands for Guanghua. Dongfu Building (east wing) JB stands for Jiangwan Campus Teaching Building Z stands for Zhangjiang Campus, F stands for Fenglin Campus HQ stands for teaching building of Journalism School
Attendance & Exam Requirements Students with an absence record (including both asking for leave and absence without permission) exceeding one third of (including one third of) the course period will NOT be allowed to take the final examination, and will be scored “ 0” in this course. There should be no offence of the examination rules. Those who are absent from the final exam without either asking for leave or permission to leave will be scored “ 0”, and will NOT be given a second chance to take the exam again. TIP: Refer to the final examination arrangements in the course schedule and double check the examination date and time with the instructor. Be punctual. No early or late examination is allowed.
Grading system of students at Fudan University Grade 90 -100 Rank in Class A General Point 4. 0 85 -89 A- 3. 7 82 -84 B+ 3. 3 78 -81 B 3. 0 75 -77 B- 2. 7 71 -74 C+ 2. 3 66 -70 C 2. 0 62 -65 C- 1. 7 60 -61 D 1. 3 Fail F 0. 0
Transcript • Student Mobility Section will send official transcripts in English to your university’s international office at the beginning of next Fudan semester following your study period here. TIP: The courses registered in your course registration system will appear on your official transcript. Those which are not registered in the system won’t appear on the transcript. If you change course registration, you must manually change it in the course registration system, not only verbally agreed with the instructor. The students are responsible for their own course registration. The instructor can’t register courses for you.
Extend/shorten study period, change your registered school Step 1: Get the permission from your student exchange office in home university (email to incoming@fudan. edu. cn) Step 2: Apply to my office from May 10 to May 20 (for autumn semester) or Nov. 10 to Nov. 20 (for spring semester) Results will be revealed by my office by June 15 (for autumn semester) or by Dec. 15 (for spring semester)
Library Resources and Fudan Email After FAO contact library office and Fudan IT office as a warrantor, FAO will help you to get access to library resources via E-card (after late Sept. ). Fudan Email-box: Fudan ID@fudan. edu. cn Note: If you haven’t returned the books to the libraries before you leave China, Fudan will NOT provide you official transcript until you undertake certain responsibilities including fines.
Wireless Internet Access Use your student number and password to log in the wireless internet on campus.
Internship Requirements: • Get Resident Permit for more than 3 months • Do registration with Fudan (both online and paper form) • Scan passport photo-page, resident permit page, Fudan Application Form (signed and stamped by FAO) and Company Letter (signed and stamped by the company) and upload them in Fudan system (http: //ehalltest. fudan. edu. cn/bsdt. html) P. S. Fudan doesn’t offer services for students to get the internships.
Buddy Program • From year 2010 on, Fudan launches Buddy Program for incoming international exchange students. Fudan will recruit volunteers to match with exchange students, who will be a good peer in study and life on campus. Local students with experiences on campus will help incoming international exchange students to merge into a new environment as soon as possible and solve some problems new students will meet.
• Personal Safety For a city of 26 million people, Shanghai is a generally safe place to live and study. Violent crimes are rarely known, and the government cracks down hard on them whenever they occur. Crime against foreigners is treated harshly showing a protection granted to foreigners. Most neighborhoods in Shanghai are safe, so it is fairly common for women to walk alone on the street at night. We have not heard of any place or neighborhood to stay away from at nighttime, but exercise caution and common sense in the wee-hours of the morning. The only personal safety problem one is likely to run into is the pickpockets. They are usually found in major tourist sites, although some people have had their walletpurse stolen in crowded places like buses. The best precaution is to be alert and keep your money and valuables well hidden. TIP: Do not trust strangers easily in the street. Do not show off your cash.
Road Safety Traffic accidents are a leading cause of death among travelers to foreign countries. They are at a risk not only because they are in an unfamiliar environment with unfamiliar and unrecognizable hazards but also because driving culture varies from country to country. Shanghai is no exception. Students are advised to exercise caution when walking. Once you have started to cross a road do not hesitate or make erratic movements. Shanghai traffic is very good at getting out of your way if you follow these simple instructions. If you are involved in a traffic accident you will be expected to stay at the scene until a traffic policeman arrives to facilitate transport of the injured party to hospital.
Students Club and Society • Sports clubs: • • 棒垒球协会Fudan Baseball Association 少龙拳术俱乐部Shao Long Kungfu Club 陈式太极拳协会Chen Shadowboxing Club 中国象棋协会Chinese Chess Club 游泳协会Swimming Club 乒乓球协会Table Tennis Club 板球协会Cricket Club 空手道俱乐部Karate Club
Music clubs: • • 笛箫协会Chinese Folk Music Club 余音社Yu Yin Club 燕园剧社Yan Yuan Drama Club 麦田剧社Mai Tian Drama Club 书画协会Painting and Calligraphy Club 音乐剧协会Musical Club 国标舞俱乐部International Standard Ballroom Dance Club 复旦歌社Fudan Song Club
Practice clubs: • • 环保协会Environmentalism Club 人与自然协会Human and Nature Club 旅游协会Traveling Club 数码爱好者协会Digital Enthusiasts Club 仁己社Ren Ji Club 国际交流学生协会International Exchange Students Club 创意与实践协会Creativity and Practice Club
Technicality clubs: • 生命科学社Life Sciences Club • 素食文化协会Vegetarian Club • 博雅学社Bo Ya Club • 复旦诗社Fudan Poetry Club • 国际问题研究会International Affairs Research Club • 人文学社Humanities Club • 零零舍社Ling She • 知和社Zhi He Club etc. • Contact info if you are interested:
• Campus Security Tel: 65642001 • Emergency Call in China: 119 • Police Emergency Call: 110 • Ambulance Call in China: 120 • Foreign Affairs Office: 65643727 Lucy’s Email: incoming@fudan. edu. cn • Shanghai hotline foreign visitors (free of charge): 962288 English, German, Japanese
Welcome to Fudan!