- Количество слайдов: 38
Upgrading to tsm V 6 & Using NDMP snapmirror over the net Hana Shparber , Ben-Gurion University Israel [email protected] ac. il
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev was established in 1969 with the aim to bring development to the Negev, a desert area comprising more than sixty percent of the country. The University was inspired by the vision of Israel's first Prime Minister, David Ben-Gurion, who believed that the future of the country lay in this region. Today, Ben-Gurion University is a major center for teaching and research with campuses in Beer-Sheva, as well as in Eilat and Sede Boqer, where Ben-Gurion lived in his final years and is buried.
MANUAL UPGRADE TO TSM 6
Upgrade V 5. 5. 4 to V 6. 1. 3 to New server using Replicated server Server A V 5. 5. 4 Server B Replica of V 5. 5. 4 (A) Server C New 6. 1. 3
Server A: 1. Backup Database 2. Halt TSM Instance Server B Replicate and restore a new computer: 1. Install Tsm (v 5) And Upgrade tool. 2. Copy from A volhist. out , devcnfg. out 3. Restore the Database to B: • Create new DB Dsmserv –k Server. X format 1 E: tsmdataLibserverlog 1. dsm 2048 1 E: tsmdataLibserverdb 1. dsm 10240 • Restore DB Dsmserv –k Server. X restore db todate=today ( p=y to preview ) OR Dsmserv –k Server. X restore db todate=today source=dbs 4. Start the instance and make sure everything is correct
Server C: 1. Install Tsm 6. 1. 4 2. Create new instance (With management console , choose minimal configuration) 3. Backup the new Instance to check that it works. 4. Remove the new (empty) database Dsmserv –k server. X –o c: program Filestivolitsmserver. Xdsmserv. opt removedb TSMDB 1 Check that the archive dir is empty 5. Create empty Data. Base Dsmserv –k server. X –o c: program Filestivolitsmserver. Xdsmserv. opt loadformat dbdir=”d: TSM_LIBSERVER ACTIVELOGSIZE=4096 ACTIVELOGDIR=”c: . . ” ARCHLOGDIR=…. . When creating new DB new file dsmserv. dbid is created in the instance directory.
Upgrade: 1. Server b C: program FilesTivoliTSMupgradedsmupgd –k server. X preparedb 1>>prepare. out 2>&1
2. Server C Dsmserv –k server. X –o c: program Filestivolitsmserver. Xdsmserv. opt insertdb sesswait=60 1>>insert. out 2>&1 ANR 0408 I Session 1 started for server $UPGRADESOURCE$ (Windows) (Tcp/Ip) for V 6 Database Upgrade. ANR 1379 I INSERTDB: Read 19, 773 bytes and inserted 216 database entries in 0: 00 (0. 00 megabytes per hour). ANR 1379 I INSERTDB: Read 937, 620, 088 bytes and inserted 6, 532, 050 database entries in 0: 05: 00 (10728. 00 megabytes per hour). ANR 1379 I INSERTDB: Read 1, 315, 456, 389 bytes and inserted 9, 169, 137 database …. ANR 1379 I INSERTDB: Read 6, 277, 318, 329 bytes and inserted 43, 395, 277 database entries in 1: 00 (5986. 00 megabytes per hour). ANR 0136 I Table updating statistics performed successfully for 4 of 4. ANR 1524 I INSERTDB: Beginning database update phase. ANR 1525 I INSERTDB: Updated 0 of 13, 534, 917 database entries in 0: 05: 18. ANR 1525 I INSERTDB: Updated 13, 534, 917 of 13, 534, 917 database entries in 0: 14: 53. ANR 1395 I INSERTDB: Process 1, database insert, has completed. ANR 1397 I INSERTDB: Found 61 database objects. ANR 1398 I INSERTDB: Processed 61 database objects. ANR 1399 I INSERTDB: Failed to process 0 database objects. ANR 1517 I INSERTDB: Processed 43, 395, 277 database records. ANR 1518 I INSERTDB: Read 6, 277, 318, 329 bytes. ANR 1519 I INSERTDB: Elapsed time was 1: 29: 45. ANR 1445 I INSERTDB: Throughput was 4001. 78 megabytes per hour. ANR 1446 I RUNSTATS: Table updating statistics started. ANR 0136 I Table updating statistics performed successfully for 117 of 117. ANR 1528 I RUNSTATS: Table updating statistics completed in 0: 11: 37. ANR 0369 I Stopping the database manager because of a server shutdown.
3. Server B C: Program FilesTivoliTsmupgradedsmupfgrd –k server. X extractdb hladdress=132. 72. 137. 40 lladdress=1600 1>>extract. out 2>&1 Server C detailes ANR 1392 I EXTRACTDB: Extracted 42, 938, 965 database entries in 2, 552, 644 pages and wrote 6, 218, 866, 238 bytes in 0: 50: 00 (7116. 00 megabytes per hour). ANR 0409 I Session 2 ended for server $UPGRADETARGET$ (Windows). ANR 1382 I EXTRACTDB: Process 1, database extract, has completed. ANR 1383 I EXTRACTDB: Found 120 database objects. ANR 1384 I EXTRACTDB: Processed 61 database objects. ANR 1385 I EXTRACTDB: Skipped 59 empty database objects. ANR 1386 I EXTRACTDB: Failed to process 0 database objects. ANR 1387 I EXTRACTDB: Processed 43, 395, 277 database records. ANR 1388 I EXTRACTDB: Read 2, 580, 435 database pages. ANR 1389 I EXTRACTDB: Wrote 6, 277, 318, 261 bytes. ANR 1390 I EXTRACTDB: Elapsed time was 0: 50: 20. ANR 1391 I EXTRACTDB: Throughput was 7135. 63 megabytes per hour.
4. Server C • Bring up the Instance Dsmserv –k Server. X • Check that all is well
Upgrade V 5. 5. 4 to V 6. 1. 3 On the production server Server A V 5. 5. 4
Server A: 1. Preparing a disk for the upgraded data base and logs 2. Backup Database 3. Halt TSM Innstance 4. Cold backup of Tsm installation and database. 5. If you have Mirror take one disk from the mirror and save it 6. Install Upgrade tool.
7. Change the server instance in order to leave server 1 instance free to version 6 Example: changing server 1 to server 4 • Rename the dir from server 1 to server 4 • "c: Program FilesTivoliTSMupgradedsmupgrd" -k server 4 update • Check registry keys with regedit HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWAER -> IBM -> ADSM -> Current. Version -> SERVER 1 rename server 1 to server 4 • Check the new instance and then Halt it. Cd c: Program FilesTivolitsmserver 4. . serverdsmserv –k server 4 –o C: Program filestivolitsmserver 4dsmserv. opt
8. From the server 4 directory prepare the database C: program FilesTivoliTSMupgradedsmupgd –k server 4 preparedb 1>prepare. out 2>&1 check in the output file prepare. out the line Database upgrade completed successfully 9. Uninstall tsm 5 Uninstall the V 5 server, server license, and device driver. Do not remove the database, recovery log, or any other related files or directories, such as the server options file. Do not remove registry entries for the server. Click Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs. Select the Tivoli® Storage Manager component, then click Remove. Repeat for the license and the device driver. 10. Install Tsm 6
11. Create new instance and database • • • Create new instance Backup the new Instance to check that it works. Remove the new (empty) database Dsmserv –k server. X –o c: program Filestivolitsmserver. Xdsmserv. opt removedb TSMDB 1 Check that the archive dir is empty • Create empty Data. Base Dsmserv –k server. X –o c: program Filestivolitsmserver. Xdsmserv. opt loadformat dbdir=”d: TSM_LIBSERVER ACTIVELOGSIZE=4096 ACTIVELOGDIR=”c: . . ” ARCHLOGDIR=…. . When creating ne DB ne file dsmserv. dbid is created in the instance directory.
12. Extract and Insert Database • Dsmserv –k server 1 –o c: program Filestivolitsmserver. Xdsmserv. opt insertdb sesswait=60 1>insert. out 2>&1 • C: Program FilesTivoliTsmupgradedsmupfgrd –k server 4 extractdb hladdress= 127. 0. 0. 1 lladdress=1600 1>extract. out 2>&1 Insert and Extract lasted 20 hours for 90 Gb database
Upgrade V 6. 1. 4. 3 to V 6. 2. 2. 2 On the production server Server A V 6. 1. 4. 3
1. Check the instance user and group Net user db 2 user 1 */add Net localgroup Administrators db 2 users 1 /add Net localgroup DB 2 ADMNS db 2 user 1 /add Net localgroup DB 2 USERS db 2 user 1 /add (You must create a User Id and Group that will be the owner od the TSM server instance) 2. Before starting the upgrade, rename the instance file. The instance file (Instance. dat) is in the Tivoli Storage Manager server installation directory 3. For every instance : db 2bindb 2 idrop Instance. Name 3. Install with installation wizard 6. 2. 2. 2 4. Install the license from 6. 2. 1
5. For every instance: (If the instances is running whit different users logout and log in with the instance user before starting *5) • Open cmd cd c: Program FilesTivoliTSMdb 2bin • Create the instance ( It’s DB 2 instance ) db 2bindb 2 icrt server 2 -u user 1, **** • Recreate the variables in the instance file DB 2 SET -i server 2 DB 2 CODEPAGE=1208 db 2bindb 2 set -i server 2 "DB 2_SKIPINSERTED=ON" db 2bindb 2 set -i server 2 "DB 2_KEEPTABLELOCK=ON" db 2bindb 2 set -i server 2 "DB 2_EVALUNCOMMITTED=ON” db 2bindb 2 set -i server 2 "DB 2_VENDOR_INI=c: PROGRA~1tivolitsmserver 2tsmdbmgr. env" db 2bindb 2 set -i server 2 "DB 2_SKIPDELETED=ON" db 2bindb 2 set -i server 2 "DB 2 INSTPROF=C: Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataIBMDB 2 TSM 1" db 2bindb 2 set -i server 2 "DB 2_PARALLEL_IO=*“
• Upgrade database db 2 cmd set db 2 instance=server 2 Db 2 start db 2 catalog db tsmdb 1 db 2 upgrade db tsmdb 1 Db 2 stop • Run and check cmd cd "c: Program FilesTivoliTSMserver 2". . serverdsmserv -k server 2
Using NDMP snapmirror over the net
TSM Server & Netapp Computation center in main campus Scalar I 500 DRP building TS 3500 Tsm 6. 2. 2. 2 Network infrastructure is at 128 MByte (1 Gbit) per second. The main task of the Drp filer is to get the volume’s copies. Fiber switch Fas 3050 Fas 3140 HA 1 Gb Dark fiber
• Netapp volume’s become very large: ü Large size ü Large number of files • Want to save as much as possible history • Want to save Backup space • Want the backup duration will be short • Want to backup DATABASES with Downtime as short as possible We use / implement Tsm ndmp backup to get as close as possible to our desire
Backup netapp with NDMP (Network Data Management Protocol) How to backup ? 1. Filer to attached library OR (and? ) Filer to tsm server 2. Full + DIFFerential OR (and? ) Snapmirror TSM 6 gives a variety of backup options for NDMP. we have to decide which option best suits us.
charts from Administrator's Guide 6. 2. We need to decide between NDMP: filer to server or NDMP: filer to attached library. This chart show us the filer attached to Library
With Ndmp backup over the net you can backup remote filer’s. For us it was a significant advantage. The workload is on the backup storage.
Administrator's Guide 6. 2 page 253 -254 These are some of the features of NDMP backup. Features that had the most weight are: Migration and Reclamation Possible only in filer to server.
Full + DIFFerential Snapmirror • Full backups are done on a regular basis, for example, weekly • In between Full backups, Differential backups copy only files that have changed since last Full backup Snap. Mirror to tape dumps all current file data and all snapshot file data from the filer to local tape or filer-to-Tivoli Storage Manager Server TOC (Table of content) No TOC support Can restore singe file (with or without TOC) Enables the restore of all Snapshot copies back to the destination system • • Backup with TOC have the benefit of restoring single file without knowing the path of the file. But TOC take place in TSM database’s. Volume with many file’s on it take long time and database grow. Over time. The DIFFerential file backup grow in size and backup time
Example the difference of month backup with full + differential OR snapmirror Date Full+differntial Snapmirror 01. 2011 Backup full Take snapshot 02. 01. 2011 Backup differential Take snapshot 03. 01. 2011 Backup differential Take snapshot ……… 31. 01. 2011 Backup differential Backup type=snapm Differential File level Snapshot block level At the end of the month the last differential file will be larger then the snapshot from the beginning of the month. In one backup operation you get the all month backups and the backup size will be the volume occupancy size.
In the tsm we see (occ) of the volume+snapshots. When we have to restore we need the volume size on the netapp.
The backup speed is between 44 MB to 30 MB per second
Snapmirror: • Continuous period backup for history restore. • Large file systems • Large amount of files • You can combine this method other backup methods. o Ba client for small /medium volumes for the short time backup o Snapmirror for history backup
Setting up ndmp filer backup to tsm server • Create storage pool Type = Primary , Format: Native • Create policy domain Copy Destination: NAS-STG Table of Contents Destination: NAS-STG • Reg node Type=nas • Define datamover node_name type=nas hla=filer_name(or ip) user=root password=***** dataformat=netappdump • Backup & Restore
Backup & Restore Examples Backup node_name /vol/data type=snapm tsm: CC 1>restore node eon_sm /tbone_data /vol/restore 1 filelist="/ready/copy/20101215/07/smtp-239335885 E 75 E-C 51 A-70 F 7 -02 CF-753901 C 9310 F. 3" pitdate=12/26/2010 tsm: CC 1>restore node eon_sm /vol/hawk 2_stg 5 /vol/hawk 2_stg. Restore 1 PITD=11/30/2010 type=snapm (The target volume has to be in restricted state and the size has to be at least as the source. With “q fil” we can see what was the original size. )