- Количество слайдов: 24
Unit 5 Reading (2) Tangshan Qin Shengjun
• Blindness affects 45 million around the world. patients • Many of the ______ are so poor that they don’t have the money to travel to hospital. How does ORBIS doctors help them ?
A flying eye hospital Volunteer doctors perform _____ on the operations plane. It is also used as a teaching center. They _______ teach local doctors and nurses new skills and share their knowledge by _______ them. training be used as 被----当做 English is used as a second language in most schools.
1. 这所学校被用做培训中心. is used as The school _____ the training centre. 2. 笔是用来写字的. used for writing The pen is _______. 3. 这张桌子是鲁迅先生用过的. The desk was _____ Lu Xun. used by
Are people grateful to them ? Volunteer doctors have done such an important job that people must be grateful to them. 志愿医生已做了如此重要的 作人们对他们感谢。 such an important job 如此重要的一件 作， 也可改为: such important work be grateful / thankful to sb. 对某人表示感谢
How does Dr. Ma feel to be able to help people ? He feels proud to be able to help so many people. 他感到自豪能帮助这么多人。 be proud to do sth. 自豪地去做某事 它还可以改成： be proud of sth. / be proud that + 句子
1. What is China proud of ? 2. China is proud of the Great Wall. 2. What is Langlang’s parents proud that ? They are proud that they have a successful son.
Help Amy finish the article about ORBIS. The ORBIS plane travels all around the world. Many people with eye problems visit the ORBIS plane. Doctors can perform operationson them to _____ help them see again. Many people in poor countries do not have enough money to go to hospital, but ORBIS doctors can go to them. ORBIS doctors can skills also teach local doctors and nurses new _______ and knowledge. _____
Help Amy finish the article about ORBIS. Dr Ma is a doctor on the ORBIS plane. Many grateful people are very ____ to him because he has helped them see again. The ____ do not patients have to pay because ORBIS is a charity. Dr Ma believes that most eye problems can be _______ cured by modern medicine , but their work needs money. He hopes that more people can send donations to support their work. _____
1. Blindness affects about 45 million around the world. blind (adj. ) , blindness (n. ) blindness 1). Please tell us something about _______. blind 2). We should do something to help ____ people. affect 感动、影响 Smoking affects our health. I was affected by his words just now.
2. Many patients are so poor that they can’t afford to travel to hospital. 许多病人如此贫穷以至他们去医院看不起病。 afford “买得起” ，常与can/could连用， 用法：afford sth. / to do sth. She can’t afford to buy the expensive watch. Many people can’t afford to pay for the medical treatment.
3. I operated on 150 patients on the plane. 我在飞机上给 150个病人做手术。 Operate (v. ) 做手术 = perform operations , 后面接介词on We must operate on the patient at once. The patient must be operated on at once.
1. Local doctors and come to their plane to operations learn about eye _____(operate). 2. I used to do two or three operations ______(operate) a day. operating 3. He is busy _____(operate) on the sick man. 4. On the plane, volunteer doctors perform operations ______(operate).
4. I used to do two operations a day. It’s hard work but now I am used to it. 我过去一天做两个手术。它是一件艰苦 的 作，但我现在习惯了。 used to do sth. 过去经常做 be used to sth. 习惯于某事 getting He is used to ____(get) up early. walk We used to ______(walk) after dinner.
5. Is there anything else you’d like to say to readers ? 你有别的事情想对读者说的吗？ else “别的”，常放在不定代词或疑问词后。 近义词是other(修饰名词复数) else Who _____ want to have a try ? other We should care about _______ people.
5. We can treat and cure most eye problems and improve the lives of patients. 我们可以治疗并治愈大部分眼部问题和改善病人的生活 treat 治疗、对待 treatment (n. ) ；cure 治愈 Don’t treat me as a child. improve提高、改善 ，(名词)improvement He works hard and tries to improve his English.
7. We hope people will support our work by sending donations to ORBIS. 我希望人们通过捐赠来支持奥比斯。 We hope people will send donations to support ORBIS. We hope to help even more people by training local doctors and nurses ________________.
medical treatment 医学治疗 teaching centre 教学中心 perform operations 做手术 afford to buy the flat 买的起房子 such an important work 如此重要的 作 be grateful to sb. 对某人感谢 something else 一些别的东西 carry on with 继续开展
根据句意及首字母填上适当单词 1. People with eye problems around the world are g____ to ORBIS doctors. rateful 2. With the donations from generous people, ORBIS is able to provide p____ with good atients eye treatment. 3. The doctor looked over his eyes and decided to o____ on them. perate
fford 1. The price of the flat is so high that I can’t a______. 2. They help people who are b lind and poor. 3. The patients do not have to pay for the treatment. 4. They operate on them. =They perform operations on them. 5. Most cases of blindness can be cured or prevented.
翻译: 1. 我自豪我能帮助这么多人。 so many I’m proud that I can help _____ people. ______ 2. 他们教当地的医生新技术和知识。 local They teach the doctors from ______ places skills and knowledge new ______. 3. 人们对他一定很感激。 People must ___ very ____ ___ him. be grateful to
翻译: 4 许多人受到失明的影响，主要是穷人。 are affected by ____ Many people _______ blindness , mostly ______ are the poor. 5 别担心，这种病例是可以治愈。 be worried can be cured Don’t ______. This case ___ _____. 6 通过捐款，我们希望帮助更多的人。 We hope to help more people by sending donations _______
Homework: Discussion: how to help ORBIS to make a poster to call for money and donations.
Thank you ！