- Количество слайдов: 40
TELECAST OF LIVE EDUCATIONAL CLASSES ON TELEVISION LAPTOPS, TABLETS & MOBILES THROUGH METRO LAN WITH OR WITHOUT INTERNET
• Information Service Providers • Consultants for e-learning and e-training over IP • Voice Information Service Bureau • Electronic Media Rating through Telephone Interface • SMS Services • 0900 / 0800 Call Handling Services • Home Shopping Services • Telephone Information On-Demand • International Call Center • Video & Audio Conference service providers
• Operating e. Learning project in Romania; • Operating 16 live TV channels mobile TV with ZONG – CMPAK; • Operating 12 Live TV channels (upgrading to 50) with PTCL; • Operating e. Learning with University of Karachi (SZIC-Islamic Banking); • Establishing e. Learning with Dow University of Health Sciences; • Establishing e. Learning with ZIauddin University of Health Sciences; • Operating e. Learning with College of Family Medicine; • Operating e. Learning with HANDS- Pakistan’s leading social sector organization; • Operating e. Learning with Taaleem Foundation – Balochistan;
A NEW PRODUCT-TAALEEM NET • In Partnership with Pakistan’s most eminent scientist & educationist; • Education at Home using broadband; • A timely need;
• Home Tuition through PTCL broadband ( fix-wireless) – Monthly charges • Online assessment and daily evaluation- reporting via SMS • e. Learning on the TV sets, Computers, Tablets and Mobile Phones; • Study all courses with ease of home- no going out; • Direct under family supervision; • Free KHAN ACADEMY- MIT-HARVARD- VIRTUAL UNIVERSITY lectures for family members • Free TV channels for family members • Health and Vocational training in the evening- free • Free Information video to be streamed; • Home shopping ( optional) • Ultra Target advertizing
• We bring complete technology platform and operations; • Telecast /transmission centers in 5 International locations • We bring country’s leading educational institute and international educational organizations on board; • The project to be headed by Pakistan’s top educationist and Vice Chancellors of different universities as board members. • We propose PTCL to partner –by offering Pakistan’s largest e. Learning initiative using its fix line/wireless broadbandmetro – MPLS cloud network; • Litting up entire nation with quality education. • A revenue generation project; • We offer partnership on revenue share basis
• • Technical Support from international IP technology network That is present in major hubs worldwide We have access to latest broadband based information & entertainment technology Able to provide live video transmission of educational and training content through all available mediums via broadband such as: 1 - Computers 2 - TV Sets 3 - Mobile Phones 4 - Tablets (fixed or wireless broadband) (through Set Top Box without cable) (all type) (wireless broadband)
PBX GLOBAL TRANSMISSION NETWORK LIVE BROADBAND TV ON PCs, Mobiles, Set top box and Car PCs OUR INTERNATIONAL CONNECTIVITY, WITH WORLD-WIDE HUBS
PROPOSITION ON ESTABLISHING LIVE / RECORDED VIDEO DILEVERY NETWORK FOR PRIMARY EDUCATION AT DIFFERENT LOCATIONS OVER FIXLINE / WIRELESS / METRO ETHERNET /MPLS CLOUD OF
1) How Distance Learning through Live video transmission over broadband can be imparted to a large number of people spread out; 2) How e-learning can be imparted to people in different disciples at same time, with live Question & Answer;
Phonecast in collaboration with its international partners PBX Telecom-Romania would like to establish Pakistan’s first IP based distance learning network over PTCL metro fiber ring the project is to be named as TALEEM NET : • TALEEM NET to provide a Multi media e-learning platform that will enable in establishing a innovative live video based Primary Education learning via broadband at its different locations-initially at Karachi and its suburbs; • Technology based live educational content delivery network, with two way interactivity -Live Q &A; • This facility to provide a live monitoring system for management at Network center; • This network to provide an overall attendance system for students in all locations; • This system to enable a capacity building facility for teachers and the training staff in all locations simultaneously; • For this PTCL to be taken as partner in the project, this will ensure the quality and uptime of bandwidth to the maximum efficiency;
TO PROVIDE TRUE INTERACTIVITY DURING EDUCATION • As said in last slide, through the proposed network, once deployed will be providing live video of primary level education using Broadband through TALEEM NET publishing nodes; • These displaying and down linking facilities can be at different locations across city, connected via Metro Ethernet broadband links; • Student at each location will be able to not only watch the live educational sessions, but will also be able to get connected live with Instructor and ask question; • This activity of live two way video at any one location with studio will be witnessed to every one across all locations, taking part in the class at that time.
So now with this platform: Students getting education in widely spread locations 1. Will not miss any Video lecture through TALEEM NET platform 2. Will be able to pause the live transmission inorder to take a call or talk to some one 3. Will be able to watch any of the previous lectures till last 7 days initially 4. Will be able to take snaps of the screen, for making presentations or sending attachments 5. Will be able to watch the educational lectures on their TV sets with live and re runs with out need of a cable operator 6. Will be able to use TALEEM NET set top box to not only watch class sessions but also to browse internet, chat, work, send and receive emails
Primary Level e- TRAINING BENEFITS & SOCIAL IMPACT? • The use of ICT to impart quality primary education into the under serve population initially in Karachi and its outskirts; • Using TALEEM NET for providing interactive education at primary level • Through this mode we will directly address the fundamental cause of lawlessness and terrorism – i. e lack of education • The spreading and targeting of education at primary level – will get us access to more than 50% drop outs from the primary –secondary schooling period • Our priority of targeting the primary level through state of the art ICT and Multimedia interactive mode of transmission – is to Put a stoppage for these young brains , that are pronged to getting brainwashed for violence or religious extremism;
-Cont • There are hundreds of religious seminaries that are providing hatred sentiments through wrong religious belief to the youth most of whom are in the secondary levels of their educational career; • So by using TALEEM NET network, we can reach house hold in urban as well as rural locations to target the youth through interaction and providing quality educational material; • There are fair chances that these youths in the primary levels can get aware at this crucial age about the negative propaganda and about the real way of life • The technology being utilized has been practiced all over Europe through number of companies, • We are also using the technology from Europe, which has been thoroughly tested and applied through entertainment TV channels
-Incentive to Mothers • Way to ensure participation in educational program, through offering mothers to motivate and ensure participation of their sibling in the educational programs • Offering them entertainment channels, • As well as offering them training of mother & Child health, • Provision of online health services at their home Through live /recoded programs on Computer and TV sets over Metro Ethernet based distance learning content delivery.
-Monitoring & Evaluation • Mode of delivering education is very accurate and precise in monitoring, • We will come to know at any given time which child is online in which location, • What socio economic class the student belongs to • What time student is watching what; • The special features in our live streaming is that during every lecture, instant pop ups with questions of multiple choice seek a time bound inputs from remote controls of TV sets by students watching the lectures on their TV sets.
-Resulting • This way instant grading of individuals is done, and through our ultra target message dissemination, • The results are conveyed instantly through SMS to parents. • There fore through this way attendance is ensured as well as attention and concentration of students is gauged; • This provides students to be aware of lectures and be attentive to respond at any instant pop up on the screen;
International Scenario of broadband based IP content delivery Solutions • IP based content delivery is viewed by many futuristic technologists as the sunrise industry of the world in the ICT based training sector beside entertainment. • Broadband services are being eyed as the main source of future revenue in the technology market. • Multimedia content delivery networks are also gearing up to dive into this deep market. • Experts predict the market to be worth Trillions of US $. • Expected to be a huge world market by 2013. • Major multinationals, Telcos, Media houses etc. are making plans to venture into the business and secure their stakes.
• User gets control of educational content and transmission, through features like – – – Instant Recording Able to pause while live lectures are on Previous lectures of last 7 days, Educational Content –Videos On Demand, IP Telephony etc; & TODAY THE STUDENT WANTS : Which he/she can control and watch at their own time and will This is what TALEEM NET is
We are proposing ? TALEEM NET • A unique project for e-learning at Primary level and knowledge dissemination; • Opportunity to tens of hundreds of people spread all over the network to get high quality training through Live transmission using Metro Ethernet or broadband; • The project creates a need for general public to get on the bandwagon of internet broadband digital age through education, training and interactivity
TEST CASE -PAKISTAN Virtual University: e learning in Pakistan • The students who have either decoders installed at their premises, or have connection to such cable operators who have Virtual University on their network, can only access these educational lectures; • According to surveys and PEMRA reports only 37% of Pakistan has cable penetration (able to watch Satellite TV channels). • There approx 2 million cable homes in Pakistan • These 2 million cable homes are powered by approx 2500 plus cable operators • Acc to VU web site there are 217 cable operators who are carrying 4 channels of Virtual University. • Most of the cable operators are placing VU from 70 to 80 positions, which limits the majority of house holds having old model TV sets.
What are the options, what if a student miss a lecture - ? • Either he/she contacts VU for buying the recorded CD/DVD • Either through Youtube watch the TV shows, which are kept at this site through a arrangement with Youtube.
Possible bottlenecks • The required CD’s are not available, the whole tempo of study is broken • Due to access from Pakistan, currently You tube is causing huge sniffing techniques inorder to trace the kind of uploads and viewing being done from this part; • This activity is being causing huge reduction in down load and streaming of material from You tube, especially incase of You tube, where each lecture is approx 50 plus minutes of duration. • VU student is now facing two sniffing gateways, one from You tube and second from Pakistan Internet Exchange. • Traffic of viewers or surfer of VU’s internet traffic gets routed through Singapore Internet Gateway via SEMEWE-3 or 4 or TWI submarine cable, the speed again gets more slow and causes breakage or interruption in You tube down load, which has got time limit to receive video contents per connection, • This all eventually causes student to get un-reset and dis satisfied.
TALEEM NET Features for the End-user • PVR functions – the students can record live video based content or schedule a recording from a particular class at a particular date and time and for a particular duration • Re-Run – the user can playback content up to 7 days before current time • Time shifting – the user can pause the live video lectures and resume it at will – the content will be stored temporarily locally • Now on feature – the user can view an overall transmission, what’s on at that particular time on every channel • VOD – Video of training contents On Demand
Features for the Student
Features for the Student • Student can record live streamed content as files to their local computers. • There is also the possibility to schedule the time and duration of the recording.
Features for the Student • Student can view the re-run of any content at any hour from the last 15 days. • Student will never miss the beginning of the lecture again because they were not at home!
PRIMARY EDUCATION ON TELEVISION WITHOUT ANY CABLE OR DECODER TALEEM NET will also be available on set-top-boxes for student that want to attend the classes through their TV sets, without need of cable provider or decoder, only using your broadband link. This is a unique product, for those who are not PC savvy.
THE SET TOP BOX IS THE MOST ADVANCED BUNDLED PRODUCT TO BE FOUND It is comprised of the following features: • It can stream live TALEEM NET content onto any TV set without need of any cable provider • A student can attend these sessions in and outside Pakistan from his/her TV set or Computers • Student can use this Set Top Box by connecting with their car LCD and wireless broad band to watch live channels and Video On Demand while traveling in car.
LIVE PAKISTANI CHANNEL SELECTING VIDEO ON DEMAND BESIDE USING SET TOP BOX FOR WATCHING LIVE EDUCATIONAL CONTENTS, SOME OF THE VERY UNIQUE FEATURES ARE AS FOLLOWING: • Student can go back and watch programs that were aired till last 15 days ago. • Student can also use the Set Top box to watch DVD or VCD from the built in DVD player (Optional); • Optional service can be that student can connect a standard telephone set with the box and use it to make cheap calls world wide and free calls to other set top box viewer
Students can also use the Set Top Box as PC, it has all the following functionalities: Microsoft Office including • Word Pad • MS Word • Power Point • Excel • Microsoft Messenger • Windows Media Player
Streaming live training contents, Rewind, Remote Monitoring- Through Wireless Broad band
IT WILL BE TRANSCODED AND UPLINKED TO CONNECT’S WLAN, AND WILL BE CONNECTED WITH PBX ENCODING SERVERS FROM STUDIO THE TRANSMISSION WILL BE UPLINKED TO MAIN NOC STUDIO