- Количество слайдов: 32
Strategies and Programs for IP Education of KIPA N a m j i K I M Korea Invention Promotion Association [email protected] org 82 -2 -3459 -2779
Content 1. Introduction to KIPA 2. IP Education of KIPA § Off-line Education www. ipcampus. net § On-line Education www. ipacademy. net § International Cooperation Project http: //global. ipacademy. net
1. Introduction to KIPA Establishment § Originally founded in 1973 as an association § Re-established by Government in 1994 under the provision of the Invention Promotion Act § Non-profit organization Purpose § To promote invention and innovative activities in Korea § To protect and support inventors § To optimize human resources
1. Introduction to KIPA Mission § To promote the nation’s intellectual property rights § To commercialize patent technology § To implement projects in the interest of inventors through an efficient system Strategic Goals To create a New Generation of Invention Culture To train the Next Generation’s Human Resources on IP To Maximize the value of IP To build a facilitating foundation to conduct strategic performances with continuous innovative activities
2. IP Education of KIPA • Off-line Education www. ipcampus. net Training Various Human Resources the Next Generation’s Abundant Human Resources Experience in IPR education on IP • On-line Education www. ipacademy. net • International Cooperation. Project http: //global. ipacademy. net
2. IP Education of KIPA § Off-line Education : www. ipcampus. net IP off-line education launched in 1973 as a forerunner of IP education in Korea Main target : employees in the patent division company or the patent office * Annually about 1, 500 participants participate in our offline education. 47 courses in 2009, over 40 courses annually About 300 ~ 400 US$ for 5 day courses. The government subsidizes some of the course. Diverse courses from basic to advanced “IP Fundamental, US Patent System, Patent Specification, Patent Strategy, Patent Application, Design & Trademark Strategy, Patent Management, Patent Information, etc. ”
2. IP Education of KIPA § On-line Education : www. ipacademy. net
2. IP Education of KIPA IPAcademy participants growth (2002 -2008) , Over 140 online contents < The number of Participants >
2. IP Education of KIPA University Enterprise R&D Main Target School Teacher
2. IP Education of KIPA Blended learning (online + offline course) Customized curricula for colleges of Engineering, Law, and Design - College of Engineering : IP Fundamental, Patent Information, Patent Specification, Patent Information, etc - College of Design : Design Protection, Protective Strategy for Design Rights - College of Law : IP Fundamental, Patent Infringement, International IP Rights Providing schools with IP experts and support for operating course - Online and Offline tutoring services to handle Q&As - Development curricula Credit courses are provided based on an academic exchange agreement - Separate websites for each group ex) http: //korea. ipacademy. net for Korea University 97 courses, 13, 039 participants in 2008
2. IP Education of KIPA Education for Invention and Creativity Customized courses for Inventive talents - Invention courses for elementary, middle, and high school students Invention courses on IP for specialized high schools Invention courses for parents to help teach their kids 91 Schools and 151, 858 students attended in 2008
2. IP Education of KIPA IP package courses for SMEs - Nurturing human resources for practical management of IP in SMEs - Online education → Offline education → Review online education IP e-learning system only for SMEs in cooperation with local 29 IP centers - Recent policy emphasizes on SMEs in Korea IP package service for public R&D institutes - Grouping courses into Basic, Intermediate, and Specialized level KIPO Academy for re-education of patent examiners 51 firms, 10, 040 participants including (2008) - Samsung Heavy-industry, LG Life Sciences, POSCO, Hyundai Autonet, etc.
2. IP Education of KIPA Enterprise Job division Act R&D § Utilization of patent information : Value of patent information Engineers Patent Design Trademarks § Patent Act § Patent application for USA § Design & Brand strategies for successful company § Design IP Protection strategies Patent searching & analysis Claims § Utilization of § Drafting patent information claims § Understanding patent claims § Searching Patent information § Drafting patent claims - electric, S/W - biotechnology - chemical - BM patent § Trademark application Infringement § Judgment of patent infringement § Interpreting patent claims
2. IP Education of KIPA Customized courses for school teachers - Special education for inventions - Invention mentoring - Idea development technique - Guideline for teaching inventions to elementary students Education courses for nurturing elementary, middle, and high school teachers 1, 089 participants in 2008
2. IP Education of KIPA § International Cooperation Project : http: //global. ipacademy. net Global E-learning Contents on IP Under the international cooperation with APEC and WIPO IP Xpedite (APEC-KIPO-KIPA) DL-KL-101 Course (WWA-KIPO-KIPA) IP Panorama(SME-KIPO-KIPA)
2. IP Education of KIPA Course Opearation – http: //global. ipacademy. net
2. IP Education of KIPA IP Xpedite (APEC-KIPO-KIPA) Outline External Purpose - Importance of IPR in trade and investment - Increasing needs to share information and experience on IPR utilization Internal Purpose - Prevent duplicated investment on R&D - Necessity of utilizing IP information Korea Invention Promotion Assocoation
IP Xpedite (APEC-KIPO-KIPA) > Module 1 : Value of IP Information > Module 2 : Characteristics of the IP Systems of Major Countries > Module 3 : IPR Database Source > Module 4 : Understanding and Searching for Patent Information > Module 5 : Understanding and Searching for Trademark Information > Module 6 : Patent Indicators > Module 7 : Patent Map > Module 8 : Preparation of Patent Maps > Module 9 : Advanced Searching for Patent Documents Using an IPC and an F-term > Module 10 : International Application through the PCT System and its Strategies > Module 11 : International Trademark Application through Madrid System and its Strategies > Module 12 : Interpreting and Drafting Patent Documents in the US > Module 13 : Interpreting and Drafting Patent Documents in Japan and Korea > Module 14 : Interpreting and Drafting Patent Documents in EPO and Australia Korea Invention Promotion Assocoation
2. IP Education of KIPA IP Xpedite (APEC-KIPO-KIPA) Online Course Participation: 466 trainees from 18 APEC economies Successful completer: 172 trainees, 37% of total participants (232 trainees participated in the final exam) + Offline Course in Korea Participation: 30 trainees from 15 APEC economies Rate of attendance and participation: 100% Customer satisfaction: 89. 24 points/100 Customer satisfaction: 85. 11 points/100 Korea Invention Promotion Assocoation
2. IP Education of KIPA DL-KL-101 Course (WWA-KIPO-KIPA) Background - Providing Korean university students with a joint e-learning course through exclusive website for each university. - Granting a specialized certificate in the names of WIPO-KIPA. - Providing great opportunity to participate in WIPO Summer School. Contents DL-101 • Developed by WWA • English course • Focused on IP theories KL-101 + • Developed by KIPA • Korean course • Focused on IP cases • Off-line lecture is provided DL-KL-101 Course Korea Invention Promotion Assocoation
2. IP Education of KIPA DL-KL-101 Course (WWA-KIPO-KIPA) Current Status - In 2008 : 1, 189 students - Total amount : 2, 974 students have attended (2005~2008) - WIPO Summer School (2006 - 2009) planned for encouraging IP education in universities
2. IP Education of KIPA (SME-KIPO-KIPA) Main Goal - Providing SMEs, universities, and citizens of the world with practical and business orientated IP-related knowledge through the advanced e-learning technology of Korea Characteristics - Storytelling methods : Various stories and characters appear : Contains specialized learning contents in accordance with story flow : Shows how actors solve problems related to IP KIPA’s contribution for IP Panorama - To make IP Panorama, KIPA has followed a lot of steps. : Script assessment, Creation storyboard, Narration description, Design, Programming, etc.
2. IP Education of KIPA (SME-KIPO-KIPA) Modules Module 1 : Importance of IP for SMEs Module 2 : Trademarks and Industrial Designs Module 3 : Inventions and Patents Module 4 : Trade Secrets Module 5 : Copyright and Related rights Module 6 : Patent Information Module 7 : Technology Licensing in a Strategic Partnership Module 8 : IP in the Digital Economy Module 9 : IP and International Trade Module 10 : IP audit New modules Module 11 : IP Valuation Module 12 : Trademark Licensing
2. IP Education of KIPA (SME-KIPO-KIPA) Utilization of IP Panorama in Korea University & Graduate school § Provides both on-line course(IP Panorama) and off-line course(by IP experts) § Customized curricula for colleges of Engineering, Law, and International Division § Credit courses are provided based on an academic exchange agreement. § 2007 : 169 students, 2008 : 813 students § Certificates are given after evaluation.
2. IP Education of KIPA (SME-KIPO-KIPA) University & Graduate school Week 1 st 9/4 on/off-line Off-line Sample curriculum theme contents Orientation IP for business in - Introduction of intellectual property (IP) for business knowledge-driven society - Importance of IP management 2 rd 9/11 Off-line 3 nd 9/18 4 th 9/25 On-line (module 1, 2) On-line (module 3) 5 th 10/2 Off-line Trademarks and industrial designs 6 th 10/9 Off-line type Trade secrets and copyright 7 th 10/16 8 th 10/23 9 th 10/30 10 th 11/6 11 th 11/13 12 th 11/20 13 th 11/27 14 th 12/4 On-line (module 4, 5) Off-line Development of technology - The basic of patents (International and domestic views) and patent What is patent, how to protect patent and how to utilize patent for your business - Invention and patent (A story about Fox Telecom's folder mobile phone) self-study - Trademarks and Industrial Designs (A story of Seona and its MP 3 player) self-study - The basics of trademarks and industrial designs (International and domestic views) -The role and importance of trademarks and industrial designs for creating and strengthening the brand of your business. - How to protect confidential information of company - The basic concepts of copyright and related rights -Trade secrets (A story about the leak of trade secrets of Fox Telecom) - Copyright and related right (A story about Seona’s copyright infringement) On-line (module 6) On-line (module 7) on-line (module 9) Off-line 15 th 12/11 on-line (module 8, 10) 16 th 12/18 Final exam self-study Patent Information - The concept, role and importance of patent information - Practice in patent information search (Keyword searching) Strategic Technology Licensing - The concept, strategies and main considerations of licensing - The case study on technology licensing Midterm Off-line Special lecture (Direct of WIPO SMEs) Term paper - Patent Information (A story about the development of new digital camera in Tolmnex) - Technology licensing in a strategic partnership (A story about technology licensing between Tolmnex and Picmara) self-study - IP and international trade (A story about Knoxx Electronics) Strategic IP management in the overseas market self-study - The protection and management of IP in the export market - IP in international outsourcing - IP in the digital economy (A story about online market of Saomink) - IP audit (A story about IP audit of Knoxx Electronics) self-study Multiple-choice test (in English)
2. IP Education of KIPA (SME-KIPO-KIPA) Utilization of IP Panorama in Korea Newly certified IP lawyers § Essential course for newly certified IP lawyers § 2007 : 65 attorneys , 2008 : 201 attorneys(mandatory) 2009 : 201 attorneys(mandatory) Utilization of IP Panorama in Korea § Operating by subject catalog § Posco, Samsung electronic and Hyundai companies operate IP Panorama course. § 2008 : 127 workers , 2009 : 500 workers(expected) Firms
2. IP Education of KIPA (SME-KIPO-KIPA)
2. IP Education of KIPA (SME-KIPO-KIPA) IP Panorama in the official languages of the UN will be developed by WIPO, KIPO and KIPA - From 2009 to 2012 - IP Panorama in Arabic in 2009 - Both KIPO and WIPO own the copyrights. - KIPA is responsible of being the main-developer of the content. IP Panorama in Thai was developed. IP Panorama in Mongolian will be developed in 2010. IP Panorama in Polish will be developed by the Polish Patent Office, KIPO and KIPA.
Gibson IP Lawyer Calvin CEO of Fox Telecom Esther IP team manager Samantha Designer of Fox Telecom June Marketing strategist of Fox Telecom Benito Engineer of Fox Telecom Carly CEO of Mobile Shot
Thank you Namji KIM [email protected] org 82 -2 -3459 -2779