- Количество слайдов: 22
Society of American Military Engineers LEED 2009 Overview Drew George, P. E. November 12, 2009 Drew George & Partners *employee-owned* 1
PAL Purpose: Provide overview of LEED 3. 0 vs. 2. 2 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Agenda: Key improvements to LEED Changes to all LEED Systems Other LEED Updates 2009 AP Exam Changes to Reference Guide Changes to LEED Online Length: 15 minutes 2
Drew George & Partners: Who We Are l l Founded in 2003 San Diego Based LEED Consulting and Commissioning Services for Green Buildings Employee-owned “Our Passion is Accelerating the Building Industry's Transformation to Sustainability. ” 3
Completed LEED Projects: 25 Sempra Murrieta, CA LEED Certified San Diego Foundation San Diego, CA LEED Silver 4 Sempra Yukon Hawthorne, CA LEED Silver Northwest Police San Diego, CA LEED Silver Sun Harbor Marina San Diego, CA LEED Certified George L. Stevens Center San Diego, CA LEED Gold SDCCD Learning Resource Center LEED Silver Centrum 1 San Diego, CA LEED Certified TSDF Suite 100 San Diego, CA LEED Certified Riverside East DMV Riverside, CA LEED Silver 111 South Wacker Chicago, IL LEED-CS Gold Sabre Springs Blg 3 San Diego, CA LEED Silver Hotel Indigo San Diego, CA LEED Certified
Active LEED Projects: September 2009 Airports San Diego International Airport K-12 Education Hoover High School Woodshop Higher Education Mt San Antonio College, Los Angeles San Diego Community College District • Heavy Duty Transportation • Mesa College SSB • Miramar Arts & Humanities • Miramar Technology • Skills Center • Vocational Training Center University of California, San Diego • Gilman Transit Center • Muir College Apartments • Stewart Commons • TMAC USD University Center 5 Existing Buildings Burnham Institute for Medical Research Hospitality Marriott Ballroom Replacement Ronald Mc. Donald House Mixed Use/Retail Pacific Station Peckham Plaza Red Maple Village, Tracy, CA Municipal Coronado Boathouse & Club Coronado Tennis Center County Operations Center Encinitas Fire Station 2 Vista Fire Station 6 Military Child Development Center, Lemoore Combat Training Tank Community Centers • Camarillo • China Lake • Lemoore • Point Magu • Port Hueneme Consolidated Comm/Electric, Pendleton Lifelong Learning Center, 29 Palms Repair Training Building A, Lemoore NAS Group Hangar #5, Lemoore Physical Fitness Center, Pendleton Special Boat Team 12 Naval Storage Religious Friends Center Unitarian Universalist Church, Fresno Offices/Commercial Med Impact at Scripps Highland Med Impact II West Wireless Health Institute *All projects in San Diego unless otherwise noted.
Key Improvements to LEED l Alignment & Standardization of LEED Requirements across Rating Systems l l 6 Credit Weighting Bonus Credits for Region’s Critical Issues
Changes to All LEED Systems l 110 points possible for all Rating Systems Points Required –Certification Level Certified Silver Gold Platinum 40 50 60 80 Core & Shell Version 2 New Construction Version 2 Existing Building Version 2 LEED 2009 % % % 110 37. 7% 37% 36. 4% 46% 47. 8% 46. 7% 45. 5% Gold 55. 7% 56. 5% 55. 4% 54. 5% Platinum 73. 7% 75. 4% 73. 9% 72. 3% Certified Silver 7
2009 Accredited Professional Exam l l l 8 80 Questions Minimum Scaled Score of 170 2 Hours Continuing Education is Required 3 “Tiers” of Recognition…
1. LEED Green Associate (May ’ 09) l l l 9 Application Fee: $50 Core Knowledge Exam: $150 (2 hours) Continuing Ed: $50 (15 hours every 2 Years)
2. LEED AP+ (Summer ’ 09) l l 10 Requires Experience on a LEED Project Application Fee: $100 Core Knowledge Exam & Specialty Exam: $300 (2 hours for each Exam) Continuing Ed: $50 (30 hours every 2 Years)
3. LEED AP Fellow l l l 11 3 rd Tier “an elite class of leading professionals” Requirements & Fees not yet published
Changes to Reference Guides l l l 12 Consolidated NC, CS, and Schools into “Building Design & Construction” “Commercial Interiors” is now “Interior Design & Construction” “Existing Buildings” is now “Building Operations & Maintenance”
Changes to LEED Online l l l 13 Project Information Forms – saves a lot of time by asking for information in one place, whereas the old version asks for the same basic info in a lot of credits. Tab for Mid Review Clarification, which allows the review team to ask you questions during the review rather than at the end. Project Team Members must log in to edit and save changes to Letter Templates – you can’t save Templates to your computer.
Downloading LEED Online l l l 14 Must have Adobe Reader 9 set as default Internet Explorer v 6, 7, or 8 Does not yet work with Safari and Firefox
Important Dates – Project Certification April 27, 2009 June 26, 2009 Last day to Register for “pre-LEED 2009” December 31, 2009 Last day for Free Upgrade to LEED 2009 January 1, 2010 15 Launch LEED 2009 Certification Fees Increase
Existing LEED AP’s Q: When can I enroll in the new tiered system? A: LEED APs without specialty credentialed under NC, CI or EB can enroll in the new tiered system between summer 2009 and summer 2011 at www. gbci. org > My Credentials. 17
“Grandfather Rule” l l 18 Q: How do I fit into the new tiered system as a LEED AP without specialty credential under New Construction, Commercial Interiors, or Existing Buildings? A: LEED APs without specialty credential under NC, CI, or EB have three options:
1. Enroll as LEED AP with specialty l Become a LEED AP with specialty by enrolling in the new tiered system— – i. e. agreeing to the Credentialing Maintenance Program (CMP) – and signing the disciplinary policy – and completing prescriptive CMP for the initial 2 -year reporting period. – – 19 Once you have enrolled, you will use one of the new specialty designations (O&M, BD&C, ID&C) after your name. Enrollment must occur before summer 2011.
2. Pass examination l l 20 Become a LEED AP with specialty by passing one of the new specialty examinations; only the specialty part of the exam will be required if testing by summer 2011. When applying for the exam you will need to sign the disciplinary policy and agree to CMP. You will need to complete the ongoing CMP for your designation and will use one of the new specialty designations (O&M, BD&C, ID&C) after your name.
3. LEED AP without specialty l 21 Do nothing; you will be designated a LEED AP without specialty in the LEED Professional Directory.
“We must be the change we wish to see in…………PB. ” 22