- Количество слайдов: 11
Answer the following questions. Take your time and show your work. Review your notes and your GEPA book to help you study.
1. ) Find each percent. a) 5% of 400 b) 130% of 60 2. ) Five-eighths of a class received a C on their math test. Approximately what percent of class received a C? 3. Find a number between 1/25 and 6%
4. Which number does NOT represent the shaded portion of the figure. a. ) 15% b. ). 015 c. ) 3/20 d. ) 9/60 5. Which of the following is equivalent to 2/5? a. ) 40% b. ). 10 c. ) 10/50 d. ) 10
6. Mike was charged $ 13. 50 for a pizza. He left a 15% tip. a. ) How much did he tip? b. ) How much was the pizza and tip? c. ) What change did he receive if he paid with a $20 bill? 7. Sports Authority is offering a 15% discount on bicycles. How much would you save on a bike selling for $80? 8. Best Buy advertises a 20% off sale. Find the sale price of a stereo that regularly sells for $150.
9. The price tags below are from two stores for the same television. What is the lower reduced price for this model? $220 25% off $ 210 30% off 10. Find the total cost of a DVD player if it sells for $159. 00 and there is a 6% sales tax.
11. Using the standard procedure for rounding, (if the digit in the tens place is 5 or more, round up; otherwise round down), a number was rounded to 7, 600. What is the least possible value for the actual number? a. ) 7, 599 b. ) 7, 643 c. ) 7, 649 d. ) 7, 692 Name the numbers that describes each situation: 12. loss of weight of 5 kg. 13. 150 m below sea level
14. Which is a true inequality? a. ) -8 > 3 b. ) -12 > 0 c. ) -9 < -21 d. ) -12 > -32 15. Write 350% as a fraction reduced to lowest terms. 16. Evaluate 6 + 4 m for m = 5.
17. Which of these is the closest approximation to the square root of 5295. a. ) 73 b. ) 80 c. ) 50 d. ) 120 18. The distance, in miles, from an observation tower h feet above the ground to the horizon is. How far, 7 h to the nearest tenth foot, can you see if 2 the tower is 85 feet high?
19. Wanda invests $3565 in a savings account that pays 6% interest a year. Find the amount she will have at the end of one year. 20. $20, 000 is invested at 5% compounded annually for 4 years. How much money will the investment yield after 4 years? Round to the nearest penny.