- Количество слайдов: 71
Reasons to Believe part 1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1: 1
I. The Bible affirms a 6 Day creation by God Day ( + ) יום first, second, etc. = 24 hours or less Ex 20: 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.
Exodus 31: 15 -17 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death. The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come. …
Exodus 31: 15 -17 …as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he abstained from work and rested. ’
II. Bible says God is the creator Isaiah 45: 18 For this is what the Lord says— he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited— he says: “I am the Lord, and there is no other.
Jesus said Matthew 19: 4 “Haven’t you read, ” he replied, “that at the beginning the Creator ‘made them male and female, ’ Mark 10: 6 From the beginning God…made them male and female
Jesus is the Creator John 1: 2 -3 He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Jesus is the Creator Heb 1: 2 -3 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word.
Jesus is the Creator Col 1: 16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
III. Death is the result of Sin Rom 5: 12 -13 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned—for before the law was given, sin was in the world. See Genesis 3
Death is the result of Sin Rom 5: 14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come. (Rom 5: 17 -19)
Death is the result of Sin Rom 5: 17 -19 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God’s abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man, Jesus Christ! Consequently, just as one trespass resulted in condemnation. . .
Death is the result of Sin …for all people, so also one righteous act resulted in justification and life for all people. 19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.
Death is the result of Sin 1 Cor. 15: 22 For as in Adam all die, so in Christ all will be made alive.
IV. Evidence from Design Causality & Uniformity (regularity) Every event has a cause & that similar past events also have a similar cause to present ones. Difference between random & redundant verses complex information & design
Principle of Uniformity Natural Cause Water Falls Crystals Sand Dunes Round Stone Dirt Intelligent Cause Power plant Chandelier Sand Castle Arrowhead DNA Redundant Random No information Complex design Ordered Conveys information
Divine proportion in creation Each number is sum of the 2 preceding numbers: 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144… Ratio of 1. 6 or 0. 6 Great Pyramid Egypt; UN building; Leonardo da Vinci, Van Gogh, Whistler, Monet,
Golden ratio Hurricanes, spiral seeds, cochlea of human ear, ram’s horn, sea-horse tail, fern leaves, DNA molecule, waves breaking on beach, tornados, galaxies, tail of a comet, whirlpools, seed patterns of sunflowers, daisies, dandelions, arrangement of leaves around a plant’s stem and flower petals and the planets around sun
V. Evidence of a young earth Thousands not billions of years
Reasons to believe in creation Bible affirms a 6 day creation Jesus said God is the creator Death is the result of sin Complex design & information demands a designer The Earth is young
1. Soft dinosaur tissue Dinosaur soft tissue find—a stunning rebuttal of “millions of years” T-Rex bone
Fossilization can be quick
2. Potassium-argon dating errors Volcanic eruption & Radiometric dating Mt Etna, Sicily -122 BC vs 330, 000 yrs Mt Etna, Sicily -1972 vs 490, 000 yrs Mt St. Helens, Washington -1986 vs 400, 000 yrs Hualalai, Hawaii - 1800– 1801 vs. 1. 76 million years old Kilauea Iki basalt, Hawaii -1959 vs. 15. 3 million years old
3. Radiocarbon cover up
Radiocarbon cover up C 14 found in Dinosaur bones C 14 found in coal samples C 14 found in diamonds Helium in deep granite points to an earth thousands of years old, not billions after measuring its consistent leak rate from zirconium crystals
4. Living fossils Coelacanth fish Wollemi Pine
5. Dinosaur & human tracks Dinosaur and human tracks together. A series of 14 human footprints with at least 134 dinosaur tracks in the bed of the Paluxy River, near Glen Rose, Texas.
6. Recent eyewitness accounts Leviathan & Behemoth: Job 40 -41; Isaiah 27: 1 Dragon/monster - Genesis 1: 21; Ps. 74: 13; Isaiah 34: 13; Micah 1: 8; Malachi 1: 3
In literature, dragons are a universal ancient motif. Dragons are found in the early literature of the English, Irish, Danish, Scandinavians, Germans, Greeks, Romans, Egyptians and Babylonians. Among the American Indians, legends of dragons flourished
Eyewitness accounts Pterosaurs: Winged Lizard - Herodotus lived 5 b. c. - Josephus (70 AD) Mokele Mbembe, Congo by lake Tele
Eyewitness accounts North Atlantic during World War I with the sinking of the British steamer Iberian by the German U-boat. The submarine commander and some of his officers reported:
‘A little later pieces of wreckage, and among them a gigantic seaanimal, writhing and struggling wildly, were shot out of the water to a height of 60 to 100 feet …‘We did not have the time to take a photograph, for the animal sank out of sight after 10 or 15 seconds …‘It was about 60 feet long, was like a crocodile in shape and had four limbs with powerful webbed feet and a long tail tapering to a point. ’
1200 AD Stegosaurus in Cambodian temple
Ancient dinosaur petroglyph in S. W. United States
Thousands of ceramic figurines (ca. 800 BC - 200 AD) from Acambaro, Mexico. Hundreds of these figurines are of dinosaurs.
7. Human Population reflects a young earth The Bible says that around 2500 BC (4, 500 years ago) the worldwide Flood reduced the world’s population to eight people. The population doubles every 150 years, so 4, 500 years is more than enough time to reach the present population of 6. 5 billion.
There is no sign of Human History before 4000 bc Genetic deterioration is a time bomb to extinction since mutations accumulate in the DNA of all organisms. Mitochondrial Eve - mt. DNA, revised to 7, 500 years
8. Human Genealogies: Gen. 5, 11
Human Genealogies Archbishop James Ussher - 4004 The Annals of the World Dr. Floyd Nolan Jones - 4004 B. C. The Chronology of the O. T. , 1993 Eusebius c. 330 – 5199 B. C. P. Melanchthon c. 1550 – 3964 B. C.
Extra Biblical age of the World Nennius’ record (British) - 5228 B. C. Irish – 4000 B. C. India – 6204 B. C. Chinese – 6157 B. C. Greece – 6138 B. C. Egypt – 6081 B. C. Persia – 5507 B. C. Rabbi Lipman - 3616 Israel 4698 B. C. Babylon (Talmud) – 5344 B. C. Vatican – 5270 B. C. Holy Roman Empire – 3993 B. C. German – 3961 B. C. Samaria – 4427 B. C.
9. Rapid formation geological layers Radiohalos indicate that Jurassic, Triassic, Eocene geological formations were deposited within months not 100’s millions years of one another Smoothness (no erosion) between geological layers indicates rapid formation Trans-continental geological layers
Polystrate fossil tree passing through sedimentary rock suggesting rapid deposition. Nova Scotia.
Fluidized Pipe indicates rapid formation
Smoothly folded strata
Mount St. Helens 140 foot deep, 20 mile long canyon formed in 2 days – Toutle Canyon 1/40 Grand Canyon 600 feet thick deposits laid down by mud flow One 25 -foot-thick deposit with thousands of thin layers of strata deposited in a few hours
Mount St. Helens Vertical rootless trees deposited in Spirit Lake Peat bed formed at the bottom of Spirit Lake All that is needed is for the peat bed to be buried and coal could be formed with Polystrate fossil trees
10. Oil Formation, Oil Gushers, Rock Formation
Evidence for young Earth 11. Ocean Saltiness 12. Ocean floor mud - could be attained in 1000’s years not millions 13. Coral Reef formation dated to 5958 years
14. Stalactites & Stalagmites only 55 yrs old @ Queensland, Australia
15. Greenland’s ice sheets The average depth of the Greenland ice sheet today is 5, 250 feet with a max depth of 11, 045 feet During World War II, six P-38 Lightning fighters and two B-17 Flying Fortress aircraft were forced to ditch on the southeast Greenland ice sheet, 18 miles from the ocean.
Greenland’s ice sheets A team went back to recover them in the late 1980’s and discovered that the planes were buried under 260 feet of ice and snow that had accumulated since 1942 @6. 5 feet/year it would take 1700 yrs to accumulate 11, 045 feet of ice & snow.
16. Receding Moon 17. The existence of Comets Sagan and Druyan: ‘Many scientific papers are written each year about the Oort Cloud, its properties, its origin, its evolution. Yet there is not yet a shred of direct observational evidence for its existence’
18. Supernovas A supernova, or violently exploding star, is one of the most brilliant and powerful objects in God’s vast cosmos. On average, a galaxy like our own, the Milky Way, should produce 1 supernova every 25 years X 200 = 5, 000 years
19. Earth’s Magnetic Field is decreasing Between 1835 and 1965 geophysicists had made some 26 measurements of the magnetic dipole moment of the earth’s magnetic field. When plotted against time these data points fitted a decay curve which Barnes calculated had a ‘halflife’ of only 1, 400 years. So he concluded that the earth’s magnetic field was less than 10, 000 years old
20. Saturn’s Rings & Enceladus: A Cold, Youthful Moon
21. "Methuselah" Sequoias & a bristlecone Redwoods General Sherman pine is 4, 789
22. 2 nd Law of Thermodynamics This basic law of science reveals that complex, ordered arrangements actually tend to become simpler and more disorderly with time. There is an irreversible downward trend ultimately at work throughout the universe. Evolution, with its ever increasing order and complexity, appears impossible in the natural world.
23. Light Travel and Einstein’s theory Gravity warps time so that distant clocks run faster than those near the center of a gravitational field. It’s also possible that our atmosphere decreases the speed of light C has been decreasing in value, slowing since it was first measured
24. Universe is not eternal It had a beginning - radiation echo & expansion It is running down - 2 nd Law Thermodynamics An infinite # of actual moments is impossible since you can not add 1 more to infinity.
Jastrow, God and the astronomers “The scientist’s pursuit of the past ends in the moment of creation. This is an exceedingly strange development, unexpected by all but theologians. They have always accepted the word of the bible: in the beginning God created heaven and earth. ”
Will you worship and serve our great Creator? In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1: 1