- Количество слайдов: 19
Presidency activity report Based on Congress Action plan 2005 -2009 Håkan Nystrand President Union of European Foresters
Guideline 1 The work of the so called "Brussels Committee" should be continued and developed further. UEF will stay in permanent contact to the EU officials and to forest related organizations on European level. Especially the "Round Table Meetings" and the membership in official Committees and Advisory groups should be continued.
• Advisory Group on Forestry and Cork (seat) • Advisory Committee on Forestry and Forest-Based Industries (seat) • SFC ad hoc Working Group on valuation and compensation methods of non-wood forest goods and services (seat) • Commission's register of interest representatives on the European level • Implementation and mid-term evaluation of EU Forest Action Plan • Public consultations (DG Agri, DG Environment, DG Enterprise, DG Energy) • Biomass, bioenergy position and development • Rural Development Plan 2007 -2013 – forest sector resources
Guideline 2 During the past term our website was established on a high level as a platform for internal communication and external public relation. The aim for the new term is to keep the website updated and to intensify the use of our homepage by our member organizations.
• • Homepage improved Downloading of documents from the homepage Webaddress. eu into use UEF Archive work • • • UEF Presidency letters Presentations in member magazines UEF promoting material Irish Farmers Journal, June 2006 Media reports about Presidency Meetings
Guideline 3 Exchange activities, especially those forest students, should be intensified. The educational matters should include all levels of forest students, not only academics.
• Exchange activities established • Contacts between UEF member organisations • Forestry workcamp in Germany 2006 -2009 • Fieldtrip (METO) in Germany 2008 -2009 • Forest students - UEF meetings • European Orienteering Champs 2006
Guideline 4 In the field of financial matters UEF should develop methods of including official funding in order to finance the activities mentioned above.
• DG Research discussions • Financial cooperation on nation level when GCM and PM • A growing UEF means more funding
New members in UEF 2005 -2009 • Society of Finnish Professional Foresters • Association of foresters in the public service, "Verein der Förster im Öffentlichen Dienst (VFÖ)”, Austria • SINDISILVA, Moldavia • CFU, Croatian Foresters Union • PROFOR, Spain • Association of Danish Masters of Forestry • Albanian Foresters Specialists Association
Special motion 1 • "This Congress decides that UEF as the European organization for the foresters should take an initiative for discussions with the other European forestry organizations to promote a stronger and united voice in the common fields of interest of forestry in Europe. "
• UEF Round Table Meetings • Facilities; contract with European Forestry House, Brussels (Eustafor, CEPF) • Advisory Groups, Committees and Workgroups • Other actors, examples – – ENFE CEPI ELO NFF
Special motion 2 • Creating a permanent exchange facility forest students within a cooperation project In addition to the non-permanent exchange facilities offered on our homepage UEF should work for developing the activities forest students and also create a yearly exchange facility forest students under the name of UEF if possible as a cooperation project with other partners.
• Exchange facility established • METO student excursions in Germany 2008 and 2009 • Contacts member – to member – based on UEF contacts
Special motion 3 • PAWS European network of Waldpädagogik A group of foresters from several European countries started an initiative in order to create a network of foresters around Europe, who are engaged in nature-interpretation (or "Waldpädagogik") managed by foresters. UEF should support this project.
• UEF was a partner in the PAWS project that ended 2007 • Work for implementing PAWS
Meetings 1/3 • • • • • July 2005 10 -11 Sept 2005 16 Sept 2005 20 Sept 2005 Oct 2005 1 Febr 2006 2 -3 Febr 2006 24 Febr 2006 9 March 2006 7 April 2006 25 April 2006 10 May 2006 May 2005 27 June – 2 July 2006 Adv group on For and Cork, Brussels UEF PM, Kristianstad, Sweden Competetive Forest Operations, Krakow ECOSOC-hearing, Rovaniemi, Finland Adv group on For and Cork, Brussels PEFC Annual Meeting, Brussels DG Research, Brussels Standing For Ct and others, Brussels EU For Seminar, Nancy, France Adv group, DG Trade UEF Round Table Meeting, Brussels UEF / CEPF Meeting UEF PM, Brussels PAWS Advisory Borard, Bonn For Act Plan Discussion, Brussels ELO Forest Department, Brussels Adv group of For and Cork, Brussels GCM, Sofia, Bulgaria
Meetings 2/3 • 13 Sept 2006 • • • • 25 -27 Oct 2006 27 -28 Nov 2006 29 Nov 2006 9 Jan 2007 27 Mar 2007 12 Apr 2007 13 Apr 2007 10 -12 May 2007 5 -8 Jun 2007 12 Jul 2007 29 Aug-2 Sept 2007 EFORWOOD Stakeholder mtg, Kerkrade, Nethl UEF PM, Amstetten, Austria Paper week, forest meetings, Brussels Adv Group on For and Cork, Brussels UNFF Preparatory meeting, Brussels Adv Group on For-Based Ind, Brussels Family Forestry Seminar, Brussels UEF PM, Brussels UEF Round Table Meeting, Brussels Adv Group on For and Cork, Brussels IFSA Europe Congress, Nancy, France UEF PM Chisinau, Moldova Adv Group on For and Cork, Brussels UEF GCM, PM Herning, Denmark
Meetings 3/3 • • • • 5 -7 Nov 2007 12 -14 Nov 2007 15 Feb 2008 7 Apr 2008 23 – 26 Apr 2008 27 Jun 2008 3 Jul 2008 3 -17 Aug 2008 16 – 19 Oct 2008 31 Oct 2008 28 Jan 2009 5 Dec 2008 20 Feb 2009 23 Apr 2009 24 – 26 Apr 2009 4 – 8 Jun 2009 MCPFE Warsaw, Poland UEF PM in Zagreb, Croatia SFC Ad Hoc Group I Adv Group on For and Cork, Brussels UEF PM in Saariselkä, Finland SFC Ad Hoc Group I Adv Group on For and Cork, Brussels IFSA Forest Student Symposium, Sofia, BG UEF GCM, PM Gmunden, Austria SFC Ad Jpc Group I UEF Round Table Meeting, Brussels Adv Group on For and Cork, Brussels Adv Group on Forest-Based Industries UEF PM in Targoviste, Romania UEF Congress, Jedlnia, Poland