- Количество слайдов: 46
PEKING UNIVERSITY CACGP and IGAC Conference in 2010 Bidding Proposal Peking University, Beijing, China
The fast development in China has caused serious air pollution and worldwide concern about its impact on human health, ecosystem and regional and global climate change. BC emission inventory (Wang, 2004)
1. 2. 3. 4. A joint IGAC&CACGP conference in Beijing, China will be an excellent opportunity for international community to express concerns to local governments; to address societal needs through application of atmospheric chemistry research; to encourage young scientist in atmospheric chemistry research; to enhance the research capacity of atmospheric chemist community in East and Southeast Asia.
PART I Bidding Consortia： Peking University, Beijing, China
1. 1 Peking University (PKU) is a national comprehensive university. Founded in 1898, the university has been the premier institution of higher learning in China. The University consists of 30 colleges and 12 departments, with 93 specialties for undergraduates, 2 specialties for the second Bachelor's degree, 199 specialties for Master candidates and 173 specialties for Doctoral candidates. At present, Peking University has 216 research institutes and research centers, including 2 national engineering research centers, 81 key national disciplines, and 12 key national laboratories.
Beautiful Campus of PKU West Gate Nameless Lake and Boya Tower University Hall
1. 2 Local Organization Committee Chair: Tong Zhu (Peking University) Members: Jianming Chen (Fudan University) Maofa Ge (Institute of Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Science) Min Hu (Peking University) Min Shao (Peking University) Wei Wang (Chinese Academy of Environmental Sciences) Yuesi Wang (Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Science) Zifa Wang (Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Science) Xiaobing Xu (Chinese Academy of Meteorological Science) Xiaoye Zhang (Chinese Academy of Meteorological Science) Yuanghuang Zhang (Peking University)
1. 3 Local professional conference organizer The Overseas Exchange Center (OEC) is playing an important role in PKU’s overseas exchange programs and has since its establishment in 1993 built a solid reputation through its highstandards of service and the professionalism of its staff. OEC has successfully organized and executed more than 300 international conferences since 1993. Ø The Harvard World Model United Nations 2006 (1500 participants from 162 colleges of 38 countries and states ) Ø Beijing Forum (prominent international guests include: former American President George Bush Sr. and renowned Nobel Peace Prize winning scholars. )
PART II Logistics Two plans of different concepts and budget levels for conference venue are proposed below, and logistics will be specified respectively.
2. 1 Plan 1: Conference Venue - Peking University With its unique academic atmosphere as a top national university, Peking University is definitely the first choice for the conference venue. l Conference Venue Choice 1: Yingjie Exchange Center, Peking University ØMain Conference room - Sunny Hall Ø Location for posters - Press Hall & aisle Ø Coffee break area - aisle Ø Small meeting rooms - 8 meeting rooms on the 2 nd floor Ø Internet Access – Wireless internet is available Choice 2: Peking University Hall l Accommodation – Friendship Hotel and Youdian Hotel l Luncheon - Nongyuan Restaurant, Peking University
2. 1. 1 Conference Venue Appearance of Yingjie Exchange Center
Yingjie Exchange Center Old Sunny Hall New Sunny Hall Plan
Yingjie Exchange Center Meeting rooms’ details in Yingjie Exchange Center No. Conference Rooms Length (m) Width (m) Area (m 2 ) Location 1 Sunny Hall 28 21 588 1 st floor 2 Press Hall 18 14 252 1 st floor 3 No. 1 Meeting Room 10. 1 6. 8 68 2 nd floor 4 No. 2 Meeting Room 14. 9 10. 1 150 2 nd floor 5 No. 3 Meeting Room 10. 1 6. 8 68 2 nd floor 6 No. 4 Meeting Room 10. 1 6. 8 68 2 nd floor 7 No. 5 Meeting Room 7. 3 4. 45 32 2 nd floor 8 No. 6 Meeting Room 7. 3 6. 9 50 2 nd floor 9 No. 7 Meeting Room 7. 3 6. 9 50 2 nd floor
Yingjie Exchange Center
Yingjie Exchange Center
Peking University Hall Appearance of the University Hall main auditorium hall aisle
2. 1. 2 Accommodation Friendship Hotel Youdian Hotel Information Guibin building Jingbin etc. other buildings No. of Rooms 150 1100 300 Grade ★★★★★ Equal to ★★ Website http: //www. bjfriendshiphotel. com Distance to PKU 4 km N/A 18 mins by walk
location of PKU, friendship Hotel and Youdian Hotel:
2. 2 Plan 2: Conference Venue - Beijing International Convention Center (BICC), which is located in north Beijing and next to the main stadiums of Olympics 2008, covers a constructional area of 60, 000 m 2. It is a venue built for international and domestic conferences, exhibitions, and large-scale activities. l Conference Venue - BICC Ø Main Conference room - Convention Hall 2 Ø Location for posters – aisle Ø Coffee break area - aisle Ø Small meeting rooms - meeting rooms in BICC Ø Internet Access – Wire accesses for internet could be provided l Accommodation – Crowne Plaza Beijing, Beijing Continental Grand Hotel and Huiyuan Apartment l Luncheon - Restaurants in BICC or BCGH
Beijing International Convention Center BICC and BCGH Convention Hall 2
2. 2. 2 Accommodation Three hotels within 5 minutes’ walk to BICC are recommended Crowne Plaza Parkview Wuzhou, Beijing Continental Grand Hotel Huiyuan Apartment No. of Rooms 477 527 300 Grade ★★★★★ Equal to ★★ Website www. parkview. crowneplaza. com www. bicc. com. cn www. huiyuangongyu. com. cn Distance to BICC Next to BICC Connected to the BICC 5 mins by walk
Locations of BICC, BCGH, CPPW and Huiyuan
2. 3 Others § Transportation Airport Information Locations KM MIN (by taxi, no traffic) Peking University* 36 50 Friendship Hotel 38 50 BICC# 20 40 Shuttle buses can be arranged in plan 1 to transport participants to and from the hotel to the conference venue everyday during the conference.
2. 3 Others § Visa A Visa is required foreigners to enter The People’s Republic of China. Participants are required to provide relevant information, upon which the conference secretariat will send him/her an official invitation letter for visa application.
2. 3 Others § Security and Health Aspects The security in Beijing is quite good. Basic precautions and common sense should be employed to make your stay here more pleasant. No requirement for vaccination is required to stay in Beijing. Well-stocked pharmacies, nearby hospitals, good rescue systems are available in case of emergency.
PART III Conference Highlight --Conference Banquet
Beijing Night Show is the only dinner theatre in Beijing that concentrates on Chinese traditional arts. Every evening, a luxurious artistic feast is presented there. Beijing Opera, Chinese dancing, acrobatics and Chinese Kongfu integrated with the beautiful settings, pleasing music and spotlights and other modern stage arts will be a real shock of beauty and an unforgettable experience in China. Meanwhile, the delicious Beijing cuisine served in theatre will make the evening more enjoyable.
Beijing Garden Buffet Dinner with Local cuisine Buffet dinner with local cuisine at the beautiful grassland of BICC would be another suitable option. Every food-spot will be decorated in Chinese style and serving local food. Performances, such as Chinese folk music, traditional dancing and singing etc. , will make the dinner more enjoyable.
Banquet in hotel The banquet will be held in a luxury hotel with traditional Chinese performances, such as Kong. Fu, Chinese folk music, traditional dance or singing etc.
Dinner at the foot of Great Wall The Great Wall, one of the 7 wonders in the world, attracts thousands of visitors from around the world annually. Holding the conference dinner at the foot of the Great Wall would surely be a highlight of the conference. As the Great Wall is a World Heritage Site, government approval would however have to be sought in order to proceed. Should this become the option of choice, we would endeavor to make it a reality for the benefit of the overall event and the experience of the delegates.
PART IV Financial Considerations This part will show the estimated expenses and revenue of CACGP & ICAC 2010, fundraising plan will also be specified.
4 Financial Considerations 4. 1 Conference Expenses (1) Conference Venue choice 1: Yingjie Exchange Center; (2) Conference Venue choice 2: Peking University Hall * The exchange rate is: 1 US$=7. 5￥.
4. 2 Revenue * The exchange rate is: 1 US$=7. 5 ￥. Ø • • For general participants and students the registration fee includes: • attendance to all scientific sessions; admission to the exhibitions; one welcome reception and one banquet; coffee breaks and lunches on weekdays; a hard copy and a CD-ROM of the meeting program and the abstract volume. Ø • For accompanying persons the fee includes one welcome reception and one banquet
4. 3 Expenses for invited speakers and support for young scientists * The exchange rate is: 1 US$=7. 5 ￥
4. 4 Fundraising Plan
4. 5 Balance of budget The registration fee can cover the conference expenses when the conference venue is in the campus of Peking University. Fundraising should provide extra support to cover the expenses for invited speakers and the support for young scientists and students.
PART V Special Features – City Excursion & Tours
City Excursion § Line 1 (whole day): The Great Wall- Forbidden City- Dinner with Beijing Duck - Acrobatic shows § Line 2 (half day): The Great Wall- Dinner with Beijing Duck- Acrobatic shows
Accompanying persons’ city tours § Day 1: Visit to Tian'Anmen Square, and Wang Fujin Shopping Center § Day 2: Visit to Lama Temple and Liulichang Culture Street § Day 3: Visit to the Summer Palace and 798 art district § Day 4: Visit to the Temple of Heaven, and the Pearl Market
Post-conference Tours § Line 1: (5 days and 4 nights) Beijing – Xi’an – Suzhou – Shanghai § Line 2: (6 days and 5 nights) Beijing –Xi’an – Guilin– Lijiang – Guangzhou –to Hong Kong
PART VI A Brief Introduction of the Hosting City
Beijing – the Capital of China § Located in the northeastern corner of China, Beijing is roughly the same latitude as New York City. Though an increasing number of highrise buildings have shot up in the ancient Chinese capital, Beijing is striving to avoid becoming another Tokyo, New York, or Hong Kong symbolizing economic growth and modernization. The inner city still maintains the structural pattern of the 14 th century. § The capital is steering a rapid course towards a unique metropolis ahead of the 2008 Olympics, which will combine modern skyscrapers with historical architecture, to distinguish itself from other cities of world fame with its glorious culture, architectural traditions and amazing wonders.
Conclusion It is a great honor for Peking University to have the opportunity to put forward this bid to host CACGP & ICAC 2010. With the backing of China’s premiere educational institution in the political and cultural capital of one of the fastest growing economies of the world, we are confident that we can build and create an event that will be memorable for all involved.