- Количество слайдов: 26
Our school. • The buildings • The campuses • The areas of study • The teachers • The students • The location
The buildings § There are 11 buildings in our school. The A, B, C, D, E, F, G, R, S and T. § There are 3 gymnastic halls.
The campuses On our school there are two campuses. We call them ‘de overkant’ (‘the other side’) and ‘de markt’(‘the market’). ‘De overkant’ is the smallest campus of the two. ‘De markt’ is the main school where the A, B, C, D, E, F and G block are located. On the other campus you have the R, S and T.
Areas of Study § 1 ste Grade ~ 1 st form -Creation & Design -Business -Latin -Modern ~ 2 nd form Technical education -Creation & Design -Business § Vocational eduction -fashion, food, care - office and sales General eduction - Greek-Latin - Modern sciences
§ 2 nd & 3 th Grade. Technical Education -Business-Languages -Creation & Design -Accounting & IT Vocational Education -Office -Fashion creation & presentation -Management & window-dresser. -Office administration & data management -marketing General Education -Greek - Latin -Sciences -Economics -Social sciences -Mathematics
The teachers In our school we have an other teacher for every lesson.
The students In our school there are 1500 students this year. There are way more girls then boys here because this school used to be a girls only school.
Location of our school Our school is located in the centre of Waregem, right next to the market place and the main church.
What happens at OLVH? 1)Sjaloom Choir 2)100 Days 3)Tutti Frutti 4)School paper 5)Muiswerk 6)Student council 7)Sports on school
1) Sjaloom Choir We have a cool choir in our school. We rehearse every Tuesday noon and every Tuesday evening. Only the youngest ones rehearse on Friday. We enter all sorts of competitions like Europa Cantat and much more. We have lots of fun and it’s a cool place where you can just hang out with your friends and sing your heart out.
2) 100 Days is a tradition that we celebrate when there’s only a 100 days of school left for the seniors, then they are allowed to get all crazy and wild for one day. They wear costumes like ‘where’s waldo’ and ‘ Supermario’. They don’t have classes all day and if it doesn’t rain in the afternoon they do a dance in front of the whole school.
3) Tutti Frutti Every Tuesday the people of the school council buy lots of fruit and they give it to the students so they are sure that we eat enough fruit. You can also win fruit of the week and then you get one pound of the fruit that was given that week. We love it.
4) School paper In our school we have a group of people who write the school paper ‘Aan-zet’. It’s a magazine that we get where you can find articles about what has happened in the school. For example about sports day, a school trip, a contest and lots of other stuff. You can also read poetry or small stories. It’s a cool thing to read when you’re bored. It appears three times in a school year.
5) Muiswerk There is ‘Muiswerk’ in our school. That means : students who have difficulty with spelling can refine that in ‘Muiswerk’ offers the following packages: • Spelling • Comprehension • Expressions and proverbs
6) Student council § Pupils can help to find new ideas. § They can organise some events like : * sport on school * lockers * music on the playground * culture on school * the schoolparty
7) Sports on school § There are some sports that you can practise on school on Wednesday afternoons and during the breaks at midday. § These sports are football , netball, basketball, running and badminton. § For some sports there is a competition between schools in Waregem or even in the rest of West-Flanders.
Information § We are with 22 pupils of whom there is only one boy. § Our class is split into 2 groups of 11 in the lessons of business and computer education. § Most of the pupils have the age of 15 or 16.
§ The class has a good atmosphere. § We laugh a lot, we make a lot of fun. § Everybody has his own style and characteristics and we have learnt to accept each other how they are. § Most of the people are 15 of 16 years old.
Trade-languages § Our class schedule consists most of all of languages. § The languages that we learn are: English, French, German, Dutch and next year we will learn a new language: Spanish. § We also have mathematics, history, geography, business, …
Here you can see that we were dancing zumba on the sports day. It was an amazing experience. We danced on the song ‘waka’ from Shakira.
This is us on the airtrack, also on the sports day. It was really nice.
This is us playing ‘bumball’ It was a funny game, we had a lot of fun.
We hope to hear from you very soon!