- Количество слайдов: 22
Module 7 Unit 3 Word power The Internet
Lead in Can you remember some words we have learned related to computers?
printer CD-ROM / DVDROM drive Hard driver monitor speaker screen keyboard mouse
1. You see a set of keys for typing. keyboard 2. You use it to store information. It can store more information than a floppy disk. hard drive 3. You see words and pictures on it. screen
4. It is a machine that puts words and pictures onto paper. printer 5. It is a small device moved by hand. It controls the cursor on the screen. mouse 6. It is a part of the computer where the sound comes out. speaker
7. These are sets of instructions that control your computer. program 8. It is a short, movable line on the screen. cursor 9. It is a small square of plastic on which a computer mouse moves. mouse mat
Brainstorming How many words can you think of related to the Internet? software, browse, search, download, upload, refresh, back arrow, minimize, maximize, close…
Part A on Page 38. Kenny finds the following page in a book. Read it with him first, then fill in the blanks without looking at your books.
search 1. When you _____ for something, you are looking for specific information. 搜索 back arrow 2. You can click the button of _______ to return to a page that you saw earlier. 回车键 3. When you’re looking at information 浏览 browsing without a specific goal, you’re_____. 4. When you find something on the Internet download that you want to save, you can _____ it onto your computer. 下载
5. When you want to bring a page to full size, maximize click the ______ icon. 最大化 6. If you have something you want to publish upload on the Internet, you can _____ it from your computer. 上传 7. When you finish viewing a page, you can click the close icon at the top right hand ______ corner to exit the page. 关闭
8. When the information you are trying to see does not appear quickly, or the web page has refresh a problem, you can click the _____ button and the information may appear again without a problem. 刷新 9. If you want to stop looking at a page, but you might want to come back to it later, you can minimize use the ____ button and the name of the page will stay at the bottom of your screen. If you click on the name again, the page will 最小化 return to your screen.
Part B on Page 38. Read the sentences individually. Then tell me what these words mean or refer to in Chinese.
• • • search engine web address home page www website webpage link virus hacker 网页 病毒 全球宽带网 网站 搜索引擎 黑客 网址 链接 主页
Part C on Page 39. Kenny is writing an e-mail to his grandfather, who has just learned to use a computer. Help him choose the correct words to teach his grandfather about the Internet.
(1) browse (2) search engine (3) web address (4) links (5) website (6) web page (7) home page (8) back arrow (9) refresh (10) minimize (11) download (12) virus
Abbreviations There are many abbreviations that people use in Internet chat rooms. How many do you know?
Guess the meaning of the expressions before B 4： _________ Oh, I see. OIC：_________ See you later. CUL 8 R：________ by the way BTW：_________ bye for now BFN：_________
Part D on Page 39. Write the correct abbreviations in the blanks.
1. Laugh out loud LOL _____ FYI 2. For your information _____ 3. Keep in touch _____ KIT 4. Be right back BRB _____ 5. By the way BTW _____
6. Thanks again TA _____ 7. You’re welcome _____ YW 8. Thanks in advance TIA _____ 9. See you _____ CU 10. As soon as possible ASAP _____
Homework 1. Memorize the words in word power. 2. Surf the Internet and find more words related to the Internet.