- Количество слайдов: 47
Lesson: Give Us This Day
day this e us ad. ” Giv “ y bre dail our
EA: G ID ’S BI DAY TO read ily b or da ng f rayi God P that ds us emin r with s us vide ed. ro p e ne ng w ythi ever
1. The term ”daily bread” in the Lord’s Prayer refers to the following item: a)Your allowance b)Your best friend c) Your parents d)Toast e)All of the above (allowance, best friend, parents, toast, and more—much more!)
2. You earn your daily bread by doing which of the following: a)Praying for it every day b)Doing nice things around the house c) Going to church every week d)Getting a job and bringing home the bacon e)It’s a trick question. You can’t earn your daily bread because daily bread is a free gift of God’s grace!
3. Praying for your daily bread does which of the following things: a)Triggers God’s pity response b)Shows God you’re a good person and deserve good things c) Makes you a pious and religious person d)Reminds you to stop by the store on the way home e)Reminds you that God provides you with everything you need from day to day
4. God only provides daily bread to the following people: a)Baptized and confirmed Lutherans b)Adults c) People who pray for it d)Saints e)It’s a trick question. God provides daily bread to everyone every day, no matter what kind of person they are!
5. Receiving your daily bread with thanks includes the following: a)Acknowledging God as the source of all daily bread b)Praying a prayer of thanks at mealtimes c) Showing gratitude to your family and friends for their presence in your life d)Sharing your daily bread with other people e)All of the above
6. Praying for daily bread requires you to be: a)A baker b)In a bakery c) In the bread aisle at the grocery store d)Allergic to highly processed wheat flour e)It simply requires an “attitude of gratitude” for the gifts in your life and the people and things God gives to you
Lord Jesus, Thank you for the chance to gather together and learn more about you and the many ways you lavish us with abundance and nourishment of all kinds. You provide us with food and clothing and everything we could possibly need from day to day. Provide us now with open hearts and minds. Provide us with gratitude for your grace and the gifts that flow from it. Amen
L: The Lord be with you. C: And also with you. L: Let us pray. Heavenly Father, out of your goodness you provide us with all the gifts of your grace. C: You open your hand provide for the need of every living thing. L: You fill our lives with all kinds of daily bread. C: Food and clothing, friends and family, and everything we need from day to day L: Give us hearts that are truly thankful, Lord, and remind us always to give our thanks and praise to you. Amen
My Faith Story
The Grateful and the Hungry!
(Get out your copy of The Lutheran Handbook!)
The Meal with a History! (Introduction)
After your next mouse click, a slide montage will begin. The slides will advance automatically. View these slides while you play or hum the tune to “Let Us Break Bread Together. ”
The Meal with a History! (Get out your Bible. )
EXODUS 12 21 Then Moses called all the elders of Israel and said to them, “Go, select lambs for your families, and slaughter the passover lamb. 22 Take a bunch of hyssop, dip it in the blood that is in the basin, and touch the lintel and the two doorposts with the blood in the basin. None of you shall go outside the door of your house until morning. 23 For the LORD will pass through to strike down the Egyptians; when he sees the blood on the lintel and on the two doorposts, the LORD will pass over that door and will not allow the destroyer to enter your houses to strike you down. ”
EXODUS 16 13 In the evening quails came up and covered the camp; and in the morning there was a layer of dew around the camp. 14 When the layer of dew lifted, there on the surface of the wilderness was a fine flaky substance, as fine as frost on the ground. 15 When the Israelites saw it, they said to one another, “What is it? ” For they did not know what it was. Moses said to them, ”It is the bread that the LORD has given you to eat. ”
1 KINGS 19 4 But he himself went a day’s journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a solitary broom tree. He asked that he might die: “It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life, for I am no better than my ancestors. ” 5 Then he lay down under the broom tree and fell asleep. Suddenly an angel touched him and said to him, “Get up and eat. ” 6 He looked, and there at his head was a cake baked on hot stones, and a jar of water. He ate and drank, and lay down again. Continued >
1 KINGS 19 7 The angel of the LORD came a second time, touched him, and said, “Get up and eat, otherwise the journey will be too much for you. ” 8 He got up, and ate and drank; then he went in the strength of that food forty days and forty nights to Horeb the mount of God. 9 At that place he came to a cave, and spent the night there.
LUKE 22 14 When the hour came, he took his place at the table, and the apostles with him. 15 He said to them, ”I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer; 16 for I tell you, I will not eat it until it is fulfilled in the kingdom of God. ” 17 Then he took a cup, and after giving thanks he said, “Take this and divide it among yourselves; 18 for I tell you that from now on I will not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes. ” Continued >
LUKE 22 19 Then he took a loaf of bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which is given for you. Do this in remembrance of me. ” 20 And he did the same with the cup after supper, saying, “This cup that is poured out for you is the new covenant in my blood. 21 But see, the one who betrays me is with me, and his hand is on the table. 22 For the Son of Man is going as it has been determined, but woe to that one by whom he is betrayed!” 23 Then they began to ask one another, which one of them it could be who would do this.
That Wonderful Smell!
The Yeast Also Rises!
The Best Daily Bread!
L: The Lord be with you. C: And also with you. L: Let us pray. Lord God, you open your hand provide for the need of every living thing. Every day through your grace you give us so much daily bread that we often forget to say thank you. Remind us daily of our abundance. Remind us also of the needs of others, so our abundance can be shared out of gratitude to you and so become the daily bread that fills your children. In Jesus’ name we pray. C: AMEN
May the God who feeds and provides for you keep you safe. In the name of the Father +, and of the Son +, and of the Holy Spirit +. Amen