- Количество слайдов: 13
Kate Grubb Clark Loyola College in Maryland Assistant Director—Student Activities/Program Coordinator—OPTIONS 410 -617 -2132 | [email protected] edu Patrick De. Puydt Loyola College in Maryland Senior Creative—Center for Community Service and Justice Executive Board Graphic Designer—Grey. Comm Studios [email protected] edu
• • Goals of Presentation Objectives of Advertising Importance of Branding Mission, Vision and Brand The Branding Process Advertising Student Organizations Lessons Learned Tips for Student Organizations
• Provide context of why advertising and branding are important for student organizations • Provide lessons learned from student organizations at Loyola College
• Formal/Business Paradigm – “…creating awareness, aiding comprehension, developing conviction, and encouraging ordering” (Peter & Donnelly, Jr. , 2003, p. 123) • Student Organization Paradigm – What are the goals of advertising for student organizations? – How would you interpret this statement for your student organization?
• Formal/Business Definition of Brand – “Name, term, design, symbol, or any other feature that identifies one seller’s good or service as distinct from those of others sellers” (Peter & Donnelly Jr. , 2003, p. 96) • Brand is Like Gasoline—A Metaphor • Student Organization Paradigm – How would you revise the words in this statement to fit student organizations? – Why do you think branding is important for student organizations
• Mission Statements vs. Vision Statements – Mission Statement—Present • “enduring statements of purpose that distinguish one (organization) from other similar (organizations)…describes the values and priorities of an organization. ” (David, 2007, p. 11) – Vision Statement—Future • “What do we want to become? ” (David, 2007, p. 11)
• Mission and/or Vision should be the driving force of brand development • Brand should reflect… – The core of your mission/vision for the organization – What is unique about your organization
• Development/Redevelopment of Your Brand – Creation of a visual representation of what is unique about your organization • Branding Process – Consistency, consistency – 3 Laws of Branding
• Advertising and Brand are Your “Packaging” (Adapted from Peter & Donnelly, Jr. , 2003, p. 97) • 3 Key Questions – Who? – How? – Where? (Adapted from Peter & Donnelly, Jr. , 2003, p. 19 & 250)
• Branding and Advertising Lessons Learned – Relay For Life – Late Night – Center for Community Service and Justice – OPTIONS • Other Lessons Learned – Follow your posting policies – Collaborate
• Success Comes from Consistency • Innovative Ways to Advertise your Brand
• Heath, C. & Heath, D. (2008). Made to stick. New York: Random House. p. 9. • Peter, J. P. , & Donnelly Jr. , J. H. (2003). A preface to marketing management (9 th Ed. ). New York: Mc. Graw-Hill. p. 19, 96, 97, 123 & 250. • David, F. R. (2007). Strategic management: concepts (11 th Ed. ). Upper Saddle River, New Jersey: Pearson Education Prentice Hall. p. 11.