Скачать презентацию Internet Systems Design Course Overview Peter O Grady 1 Скачать презентацию Internet Systems Design Course Overview Peter O Grady 1

f37d1e3e62316086d6c760cef18f1581.ppt

  • Количество слайдов: 13

Internet Systems Design Course Overview Peter O’Grady 1 Internet Systems Design Course Overview Peter O’Grady 1

Class Structure This course explores the technologies that form the core of internet-based electronic Class Structure This course explores the technologies that form the core of internet-based electronic commerce. Design issues associated with designing an electronic commerce system will be discussed. Students will become familiar with the operation of the Internet, server issues, XML, Internet systems design, server-side programming, Active Server Pages, database integration, client-side programming, the Java programming language, Active. X components, and Visual Basic/Java. Script scripting. Students graduating from this class will have an initial understanding of the core technologies of Internet electronic commerce and will be able to begin evaluating differing technologies for Internet electronic commerce systems. 2

What This Class is NOT l l A detailed programming class A class on What This Class is NOT l l A detailed programming class A class on HTML What This Class IS l l A class that aims to give students some understanding of Internet systems design and E-Commerce operations. Stresses active learning 3

Grading l l Labs/ Homeworks 40% Project 30% Quizzes 30% Grades will be posted Grading l l Labs/ Homeworks 40% Project 30% Quizzes 30% Grades will be posted on web site 4

Course Details l l Lectures Homeworks, Quizzes Project 4 Sections l l l Lectures Course Details l l Lectures Homeworks, Quizzes Project 4 Sections l l l Lectures Readings (web site) Homeworks (posted on web site) Discussion site Quizzes 5

Sections 1. Internet Technologies 2. Database Interfaces, Server Side Programming, XML 3. Client-side scripting, Sections 1. Internet Technologies 2. Database Interfaces, Server Side Programming, XML 3. Client-side scripting, Security 4. Object Oriented Programming and Java 6

Section 1 Internet Technologies l l Internet Network Structure, ISO Model, TCP/IP structure and Section 1 Internet Technologies l l Internet Network Structure, ISO Model, TCP/IP structure and protocols, Internet addressing. The World Wide Web, client/server, CGI, API. Growth of the Internet. Using Internet technologies, corporate Intranets, example corporate use. Web server configuration and use. Overview of databases. Introduction to modular software components: using Active. X with Java. Script and VB-Script. 7

Section 2: Database Interfaces, Server Side Programming, XML l l XML, XSL, DOM, DTD, Section 2: Database Interfaces, Server Side Programming, XML l l XML, XSL, DOM, DTD, Schema. RSS, Podcasting Server-side programming, Active Server Pages Databases, database interface. 8

Section 3: Client Scripting, Security l l l Client Scripting Security Overview. Single key Section 3: Client Scripting, Security l l l Client Scripting Security Overview. Single key and dual key encryption. Authentication. SSL. Server security. Firewalls. Viruses, Trojan Horses, and network worms. Standards - Cell Phones example. The market for information products: characteristics of information products, network effects, Metcalf's Law, "tipping". Dominant standards, alliances. 9

Section 4: Object Oriented Programming and Java l l l Object Oriented Programming, Introduction Section 4: Object Oriented Programming and Java l l l Object Oriented Programming, Introduction to Java, Java Classes Java applets, events and interactivity, creating and animating applets. Java Abstract Window Toolkit. 10

l Quizzes l l At the end of Sections 1 - 4 Cover that l Quizzes l l At the end of Sections 1 - 4 Cover that section Take 15 - 20 mins. Homework l l Tend to be hands-on computer activities. Use lab machines or own machines. 11

Project l You will work individually or in groups of maximum TWO and will Project l You will work individually or in groups of maximum TWO and will then be graded as a group. l You will need to develop and maintain a web site to give the status of your project. l As always initiative will be highly regarded. l Detailed information is on web site. 12

Project Grading l Project Proposal l l Written proposal, 2% Initial web site, 1% Project Grading l Project Proposal l l Written proposal, 2% Initial web site, 1% TOTAL 3% Project l Quality of report/program/ web site 27% 13