- Количество слайдов: 32
How to Strengthen National Standards Competitiveness - Korea’s HRD System for Standardization. April 22, 2014 Sunghyun PARK Korean Standards Association (KSA)
ABOUT MYSELF Name: Sunghyun PARK Organization: Korean Standards Association (KSA) E-mail: [email protected] or. kr < Working Experience > - Secretary, ICES (2012 May - present) - Senior Researcher, KSA (2011 -present) * Mainly responsible for cooperation with emerging countries under the International Standards Infrastructure Cooperation Program (ISCP) - International R&D Cooperation Coordinator, Research Council for Industrial Science & Technology (Ist. K) (2009 -2010) - International Standards Cooperation Coordinator, KATS (2004 -2008) * Mainly responsible for multilateral/bilateral cooperation
CONTENTS 1. Framework of Korean Standards Professional Development 2. Standards Professional Programs 3. Observations 4. Moving forward with COPANT
1. Framework of Korean Standards Professional Development
1. Framework of Korean Standards Professional Development Why Human Resources are Important? Standardization Consensus Conformity Assessment Control National Standards Infrastructure Metrology Infrastructure < National Standards System > < 7 Main Categories for each Pillar > * The above structures were developed by Korea as NSCAF based on the concept, Building an Infrastructure for Sustainable Development(ISO, 2006) and Global Quality Management.
1. Framework of Korean Standards Professional Development HOW TO GET STARTED GOVERNMENT Set up National Strategy PUBLIC ORG. STAKEHOLDERS Secure Funding & Plan National Standards Law, Industrial Standardization Act, Quality Control & Safety Management of Industrial Products Act, Measures Act * It highlighted the importance of HRD for Standardization, Conformity Assessment, Metrology and Quality in cooperation with government, public organization, and national stakeholders Have Responsible Organization The Government allocated committed Staff to develop programs, curricula, materials, and granted budget. Specific committee could be set up, if necessary. Keep Continuous Innovation Create new approaches and contents to improve quality
1. Framework of Korean Standards Professional Development PROGRMS FOR STD. , CA, M AND Q Q M CA Std. 0 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 No. of Standards Professional Development Programs *
1. Framework of Korean Standards Professional Development EXAMPLES OF PROGRM FOR EACH PILLAR Std. PROGRAMS ü Life-long Education System : from Primary, secondary to Uni. ü Standards Professional for Industry ü Korea Young Professional Programs (incl. Program connecting potential Job Hunters with Standards-related Industry) ü Standards Professional Certificates ü Certification Auditor for QMS, EMS, Safety & Health Management(SHM) ü Internal Auditor for ISO 9000/14000/22000, ISO/TS 16949, SHM, üKS Certification and Follow-up Practice üKS Certification Auditor CA üKOLAS Assessor Training(calibration, testing, inspection) üOperation Practice for KS Q ISO/IEC 17025, 17020, 17043 üKOLAS Internal Auditor üUncertainty Estimation (calibration, testing) üTraining for Government Officials for Calibration and Inspection ORGs KSA, KPC, KMA, etc. KSA KOLASdesignated Testing Labs, KASTO, etc.
1. Framework of Korean Standards Professional Development PILLAR PROGRAMS ORGs Q KASTO < Advanced Program on Measurement Technology > ü How to Measure Fluid Flow, Pressure, Vibration, Humidity, Radiation, etc. M < Practical Program for Experts from Industry> üPrecision Measurement Technology for length, electricity, mass, time & frequency, electromagnetic field, force, pressure, hardness, etc. üProgram for Measurement Manager from industry, research institutes, ISO 9000/ISO TS 16949 certified organizations üProgram for Testing Personnel from Type Approval Organizations and Verification Personnel, etc. KRISS üPrograms for CEOs, Executive Managers : QMS, Standards Management, Production Management, etc. üRegular Training for Quality Management Managers (Product, Service) üISO 9000/14000 System : Basic, Improvement, Inspection & Calibration üRisk Assessment, etc. KSA
2. Standards Professional Programs
2. 1 Lifelong Standardization Education Management Development KSA’s Roadmap for Lifelong Standardization Education Standards in Daily Life Basic Concept Theoretical Biz/Practical Application International Standards Skills Higher Education Secondary School Primary School Open Workshop Global Leader Training Writing Skills Strategic Application University Program Standards Olympiad Fun Standards Formal Education Learn to know/Knowledge Oriented Post-Formal Education Learn to do/Skill Oriented/Biz Practices
2. 1 Lifelong Standardization Education “MEET STANDARDS” at Primary School YEAR 2008 2009 2010 2011 - present Pilot Projects with Schools PROGRAM TEXTS On-demand PPT + Text * (2011) 7, 443 students in 9 schools * (2012) 6, 549 students in 9 schools * (2013) 3, 990 students in 10 schools PPT + Text + Animation * Text Authorized (Seoul City, 3 rd level) ▶ To show that standards are part of everyday life (e. g. ) batteries, plastic bottles, mobile phone rechargers ▶ To provide standards-related experience to teachers/students
2. 1 Lifelong Standardization Education “EXPLORE STANDARDS” at Secondary School To Bring Standards to the Real Life To Recognize Outstanding Outcome Using Standards Learn Standards from Textbooks [Middle School] Contents of Standardization in Technology-Home Living Subject [High School] Standardization Unit in Engineering Technology Experience Standards from Activities YSO: Youth Standards Olympiad
2. 1 Lifelong Standardization Education “Hands-on Experience” for Teenagers- YSO ▶ Recipients / Winners Awards Second Round First Round - Present awards to 4 teams (middle/high school in total) by the Minister of Trade, Industry and Energy on the occasion of WSD event ▶ Activities - Carry out the assigned tasks which are closely related with standards and provided on the spot. Should submit the results and portfolio at the end. ▶ Activities - Submit essay on any experienced inconveniences caused by non-standardization in your daily life, and ideas/suggestions to make them better.
2. 1 Lifelong Standardization Education Preparation Stage Expanding Stage Transforming Stage 2002 -04 2005 -09 2010 -present UEPS : University Education Program on Std. ▶Long-term Planning ▶Common Syllabus Development & Publishing ▶Common Textbook Development & Publishing ▶Pilot General Course Launched ▶Nationwide Promotion/ Expansion ▶Teachers’ Pool Expansion ▶Common Textbook Revision/Publishing ▶Major-Specific Textbook Development ▶Major-Specific Course Launched ▶Graduate Course Launched ▶Major-Specific Textbook Revision ▶Case Studies Development/ Publishing Natural Evolution based on the Needs of Different Professor/Schools Introduced in ISO, ARSO, GSO, COPANT, APEC, ICES Members
2. 1 Lifelong Standardization Education Program Number of UEPS Courses and Participated Students
2. 1 Lifelong Standardization Education Teaching Materials for Primary School for Middle/High School for University
Standards at Home 형광등기구 표준 형광 램프 표준 페트병 표준 시계 표준 주방용 소도구 표준 도어클로저 표준 창 세트 표 준 백열램프 표준 경첩 표준 냉장고 표준 전자레인지 표준 주방용 소도구 표준 수도꼭지 표준 거울 표준 생수통 표준 벽지 표준 문 표준 칫솔 표준 도어락 표준 달력 표준 스위치 표준 가정용 주방용구 표준 의자 표준 쓰레기 봉투 표준 종이 표준 책상 표준 TV 표준 휴지걸이 표준 화장실용 화장지 표준 유리병 표준 타일 표준 위생도기 신발 표준 펜 표준 키보드 표준 세면대 표준 (변기) 표준 유리컵 표준 색깔 표준 저울 표준 콘센트 표준 물감 표준 스테이플러 표준 바닥재 표준 휴대폰 통신 표준 건전지 표준 휴대폰 충전기 표준 티슈 표준 이어폰 표준 어린이용 장난감 표준 펀치 표준 전화기 표준 침대 표준 의류 사이즈 표준 이부자리 표준
2. 1 Lifelong Standardization Education
2. 1 Lifelong Standardization Education
2. 1 Lifelong Standardization Education Olympiad Activities Results
2. 2 Korean Young Professionals (KYP) Strengthening National Standards Competiveness with Next Standards Generation KYP ü 20 experts from industry, academia, research institutes, etc. [Requirements] • Mid 20 s to late 30 s with sufficient knowledge of English • Work experience in std. at least for 3 years experience or knowledge of standardization [Preferences] • taking a course of Standardization in the Uni. , or * Currently “Standardization course” is provided by some universities in Korea ü Initiated in July, 2013 ü Selected 20 YPs ü Developed Curricula & Teaching Materials • getting newly-developed “Standards Professionals Certificate” Fewer experts on standardization in industry sector Bigger needs for young professionals for international standardization
2. 2 Korean Young Professionals (KYP) 12 -week Mentoring facilitating KYP LEARNING 4 -day Training : Courses in class ü Program on Procedure of Std. Development, Benefit of Standards, English skills. . * All participants are required to take test after training. EXPERINECING Simulation Training : Int’l Standards WS ü Global standards leaders are invited to join (e. g. )TC/SC Chair, Secretary, WG Convenor, etc. ü Technical visit is included KYP PARTICIPATING Participating in National/Int’l Standards Activities ü IEC YP ü Nat’l Mirror Committee meeting ü Int’l standards-related meetings organized in Korea
2. 3 Attract Industry to Standardization Std. Support Center Industry CO * 10 companies were matched. L IA NC RT NA O FI UPP S [LONG-TERM] Based on demand survey, select SMEs and match standards experts 1 NS : 1 UL TIN G Since 2013 Financial support for TC/SC/WG meeting for SMEs to submit NP ONLY for SMEs Funded by KATS Implemented by KSA CU ST TR OM AIN IZE IN D G NT OO E-P N ON ESSO L [SHORT-TERM/ FOR 1 PERSON] Specific knowledge is provided by a standards consultant upon requests from industry [FOR COMPANIES] Visit companies or organizations to provide customized program upon request Anybody from Industry Standardization
2. 4 Connect Standards YP and Industry Standards HRD Program Since 2009 funded by KATS/ implemented by KSA STANDARDIZATION 2 -month Courses on Standards and Technology potential YP only for 50 -60 (potential) graduates INDUSTRY 4 -month Internship 1: 1 Matching between YP and company based on the consultation ü Contributing to national economy by raising employment rate ü Encouraging industry to get involved in standardization ü Securing potential standards professionals
2. 5 Standards Professionals Certificates (SPCs) Systematizing Standards Knowledge Structure Establishing Base to Foster Standards Professionals SPCs DEVELOPING ü Analyze and develop standards knowledge structure ü Develop related contents/ materials accordingly ü Develop pool for test items Since 2013 IMPLEMENTING BEING CERTIFIED Organize 5 -day training program for the 1 st / 2 nd levels Organize Tests for the 1 st /2 nd levels * It is not required for the graduates completed std. course. * As for the successors, “ Standards Professionals Certificates” are presented.
2. 5 Standards Professionals Certificates (SPCs) 60 53 50 44 42 37 40 32 31 35 30 23 Successful Candidates 27 20 22 19 10 20 12 4 0 1 st Gr. (Pilot) 1 st Gr. (primary) Applicants 1 st Gr. (secondary) 2 nd Gr. (primary)) 2 nd Gr. (secondary) 2 nd Gr. (tertiary) < Number of Applicants & Successful Candidates > 2 nd Gr. (tertiary) Daejeon
3. Observations SDOs, NSBs Leadership/ Partnership ü Leadership to initiate or trigger standards professionals (esp. life-long standardization education) Government üFunding and national level program ü Partnership with standards-related organization, industry, university and governments ü Cooperation with academia, trade associations, consumer representatives as well as NSBs - Korea : Society for Standards and Standardization(SSS) General ü Human Resources Development to improve competitiveness
4. Moving forward with COPANT
4. Moving Forward with COPANT GOAL Sustainable Development Sharing HRD Programs (ST. CA. M. QM) ANY OTHER IDEAS/SUGGESTIONS? ! Global Standards Academy Sharing Teaching Materials Global Youth Standards Olympiad FOSTERING PROFESSIONALS FOR STANDARDIZAION KOR-COPANT Cooperation