Скачать презентацию EPA RPO Directors Meeting September 6 2007 Скачать презентацию EPA RPO Directors Meeting September 6 2007

013467d22125355824ccf0a274a7c3b9.ppt

  • Количество слайдов: 6

EPA – RPO Directors Meeting September 6, 2007 n Authorizing Language n Funding History EPA – RPO Directors Meeting September 6, 2007 n Authorizing Language n Funding History n Current Status n The Future

From “House Report 105 -610 - DEPARTMENTS OF VETERANS AFFAIRS AND HOUSING AND URBAN From “House Report 105 -610 - DEPARTMENTS OF VETERANS AFFAIRS AND HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT, AND INDEPENDENT AGENCIES APPROPRIATIONS BILL, 1999” As was noted during the Agency hearings on the fiscal year 1999 budget submission, the Committee is concerned that EPA is moving forward with a nationally applicable rule on regional haze without adequately completing its obligations under the Clean Air Act (CAA), such as the obligation to update the report to Congress on visibility improvements achieved through implementation of other sections of the CAA. In addition, most states have not benefited from participation in a visibility transport commission (VTC) to research and monitor visibility impairment, and assess its sources and the cost-effectiveness of any additional measures needed to achieve reasonable progress. To reestablish the regional haze program on a firm statutory footing the Committee strongly recommends that funding of up to $500, 000 for each of up to eight VTCs be provided by the Agency from within available funds whenever a group of states comes forward as a VTC, or to implement recommendations of a VTC. Each such VTC should use these funds to prepare and begin the implementation of appropriate, comprehensive work plans, with a goal of completion by March 1, 1999. Each such plan should be provided to the Congress for review, and should include a schedule for completing the plan, a schedule for each state serving on a VTC to use the results of the plan in its visibility implementation plan, and a year-by-year projection of the Federal funding required to ensure that the regional haze program will not result in an unfunded Federal mandate on the States. The Agency is directed to report to the Committee monthly on the progress made towards accomplishing this directive. Further, the Committee recommends that the Agency allocate funds to assure that visibility monitors are located in Class I areas.

Distribution of RPO funding WRAP FY 99 Midwest. RPO Cen. RAP MANE-VU 2, 000. Distribution of RPO funding WRAP FY 99 Midwest. RPO Cen. RAP MANE-VU 2, 000. 0 500. 0 FY 00 2, 800. 0 500. 0 FY 01 4, 087. 0 1, 100. 0 FY 02 4, 175. 0 1, 100. 0 FY 03 4, 425. 0 FY 04 500. 0 4, 000. 0 1 st year; WRAP got 1/2; 4 RPO's divided remainder; 400. 0 4, 600. 0 Began effort with SGA & Alaska 1, 200. 0 1, 000. 0 500. 0 7, 887. 0 . 59% recession applied pro-rata 1, 650. 0 3, 081. 2 Total 1, 450. 0 1, 250. 0 9, 625. 0 Catching up VISTAS; funding for Alaska put into WRAP; $250 k to VIEWS (CENRAP put in $100 k); last year for SGA grant 300. 0 VIEWS 9, 800. 0 CENRAP rec'd no funds. $250 k to VIEWS; $675 in joint projects: 200. 0 VIEWS 9, 690. 9 . 59% recession; $250 k to VIEWS; $250 k joint projects=$150 k to MANE-VU; $50 k CENRAP: $50 k VISTAS 250. 0 VIEWS 1, 825. 0 1, 590. 3 1, 900. 0 1, 739. 4 VISTAS 1, 650. 0 1, 540. 6 1, 739. 4 Comments fy 05 2, 936. 8 1, 745. 8 1, 615. 3 1, 745. 8 9, 789. 4 . 08% rescission + pro-rata portion of general reduction fy 06 1, 159. 8 888. 9 977. 1 912. 4 962. 4 4, 900. 6 . 0476% recession + 1% hurricane relief fy 07 600. 0 475. 0 2, 500. 0 allocated per RPO Director's proposal 64, 542. 9 Totals do not include fy 08 requested funds President’s Budget 2008 Totals 25, 264. 8 7, 900. 0 10, 612. 3 9, 793. 3 9, 222. 6 39. 1% 12. 2% 16. 4% 15. 2% 14. 3% Percent of total 1, 000. 0 Totals do not include fy 08 requested funds

Total STAG below 1999 level PM monitoring network Total STAG below 1999 level PM monitoring network

Current Status n n President’s 2007 Budget q proposed $35. 1 million reduction q Current Status n n President’s 2007 Budget q proposed $35. 1 million reduction q Congress restored $20 million President’s 2008 Budget q Proposed same reduction as 2007 q House Committee & House recommended restoration to 2006 levels q Senate Committee also recommended restoration q Full Senate has not addressed EPA’s budget q OMB has advised Congress that the President will veto current funding recommendations q Domestic budget ~ $23 billion over President’s request q Anticipate continuing resolutions

The Future n n STAG funding will be flat or decreasing Currently working with The Future n n STAG funding will be flat or decreasing Currently working with NACAA or revising the grant allocation process q n Implementation in 2009/2010 States need to “weigh in” on the importance of regional planning q FY 2009 possibly consider “off-the-top” funding for support of RPOs