- Количество слайдов: 38
Data Collections Status Update Call May 11, 2011 This session will begin at 2: 00 p. m. While you are waiting, please do the following: Enter/edit your profile information by going to • Tools - Preferences - My Profile. • Fill out the information on the “Identity” tab and click “OK. ” • To view the profile of another user, hover your mouse over his or her name in the participants window. Configure your microphone and speakers by going to: • Tools - Audio setup wizard. Confirm your connection speed by going to: • Tools - Preferences - Connection speed.
Data Collections Status Update May 11, 2011
Chat Window Type into chat area here. Use the drop-down menu to Use the drop-down menu send your message to: - this room. - just the moderators. - a selected participant. Click “Send” after typing Click “Send” your message. Please note: The moderator Please note: will see all messages sent, including private messages sent to individual participants.
Agenda GTID and Identity Issues Student Record Reports for Principals Student Record Reminders and Updates Student Course Profile – What’s New for 2012 • Data Collections Conference Update • • 3/17/2018 4
1. 0 - GTID and Identity Issues Positively Identifying Students Make sure you have positively identified the student from the initial contact with the state database. The first contact is the GTID system. Edits (validity checks) in FTE and SR
1. 0 - GTID and Identity Issues Positively Identifying Students • Without a link, the ‘new student’ is really an existing student whose history is now disconnect from the current ID. See below for example of impact. School creates new GTID for existing student – link broken Questions regarding accuracy, reliability and integrity of district data District Administrators, Principals, Teachers and other school staff see incorrect data District sends school’s data to Ga. DOE District data moves to SLDS
1. 0 - GTID and Identity Issues Key Identification Sources Use the student birth certificate as the source for name and birth date. Use the student social security card as the source for SSN. card
1. 0 - GTID and Identity Issues Key Identification Sources – SBOE Rule 160 -5 -1 -. 28 and O. C. G. A. § 20 -2 -150 Use the full legal name (including the middle name) Ø A student shall be identified in the local Student Information System (SIS) and in the Georgia Statewide Student Information System (GSSIS) by the student 's legal name as it appears on the documentation submitted for age verification as delineated in paragraph (2) (a) 3 , or in a court order changing the student's name. Request the SSN Ø Pursuant to O. C. G. A. § 20 -2 -150, before the final enrollment of a student to a publiclyfunded Georgia school is complete, a parent, guardian, or other person shall provide a copy of the enrolling student’s social security number to the proper school authorities or shall complete and sign a form stating the individual does not wish to provide the social security number. Keep all personally identifiable information secure and comply with FERPA guidelines.
1. 0 - GTID and Identity Issues Key Identification Sources – Best Practices • Do NOT use the registration form as the source to enter a student’s name or SSN. • If the SSN and / or GTID are on the Withdrawal Form for a transfer student, enter them into your SIS. Do not issue a new 800# to every student that walks in to register. • If the SSN and GTID are not on the Withdrawal Form you currently use, consider adding these fields to your form if local policy permits. • Ask if the student has been in a GA public school on the registration form. • If a student gets a new 800#, then a new GTID, then he is a new student. Without a link, the ‘old student’ becomes an unknown dropout.
2. 0 – Student Record Reports for Principals SR Reports – 47 reports with principal access Added 30 additional reports, to include: ENR 001 - Dropouts Who Are Active in Another System shows where dropout has been found attending (E 809)- confirms a transfer - requires a link by ID! You may want to create a checklist of which reports you want the Principals to look over.
All principals should have access to the Student Record menu option. If they do not, they can request access to SR (and FTE).
Directions that explain the process for adding Principal rights to SR and FTE are now posted.
3. 0 – Student Record Updates SCHOOL RECORD ELL Delivery Models (EDM) for elementary schools are required in SCHOOL level record Grades 6 -12 also required to report EDMs in Course level records Data currently reported in parallel so that counts at both levels can be cross-checked.
3. 0 – Student Record Updates STUDENT RECORD Date Entered 9 th Grade Ø Required for new students to country this year, now residing in US, and in grades 10 to 12 • Backdate to appropriate time when 9 th grade occurred • These are not International Exchange Students (IES) Ø For Internation Exchange Students (IES) this year, • Do you have a date you could enter? Ø For IES next year • Date Entered 9 th Grade will be required for IES students
3. 0 – Student Record Updates STUDENT RECORD E 0715 – Date Entered 9 th Grade Ø Date Entered 9 th Grade does not match the Date Entered 9 th Grade in a previous Student Record. The year does not match when compared to the previous data. Ø This is not a relievable edit. Reminder from FY 2010 that Date Entered 9 th Grade would not be changed in Student Record as of FY 2011.
3. 0 – Student Record Updates STUDENT RECORD E 872 Ø Student reported with PRIMARY AREA OF EXCEPTIONALITY and no exit event last school year, but student not reported with PRIMARY AREA OF EXCEPTIONALITY this school year. Ø To resolve for student who exited in prior year • Either add exit event to your SIS system OR Add exit event (09 or 10) online with appropriate date for prior year exit • NOTE! Do not do online changes until all uploads are done or changes will be lost!
3. 0 – Student Record Updates ENROLLMENT RECORD E 3020 (Timing Issue) Ø Student was enrolled more than 190 days throughout the state for the school year. Please refer to report ENR 035 Ta for more detailed information. Ø See ENR 035 Ta for “closer to real-time” information. Ø Error is based on results from your last validation. Other districts may have since uploaded.
3. 0 – Student Record Updates COURSE RECORD Course – E 0701 – International Exchange Students (Sys of Residency=801) Ø Grade range change from 11 -12 to 9 -12 Course – E 827 - course not valid for Credit Earned Ø skipped for some course numbers that are out of the norm for reporting Credit Earned Ø Course numbers: 20. 0165*, 20. 4165*; 25. 5210*; 25. 0210*; 25. 5220*; 25. 0220*; 47. 0810*; 47. 5810*; 47. 0820*; 47. 5820*; 47. 0830*; 47. 5830*. Ø Added 25. 4220* and 25. 6220* on May 4 th
3. 0 – Student Record Updates COURSE RECORD Course – E 908/E 909/E 925 – Teacher IDs Ø 99999 – transfer courses / in-state Ø 88888 – transfer courses / out-of-state Ø 55555 – contract (use SSN if in CPI) Ø 33333 – virtual school (E 908) Ø 77700 xxxx – last four digits PSO/ Accel Facility ID Ø Long-term subs – matched to ID in CPI • All 7’s no longer valid for long-term subs
3. 0 – Student Record Updates COURSE RECORD E 905 Invalid Course Numbers (Not in board rules) Ø Work Based Learning courses to be added to Course Table: Ø 23. English, 26. Science, and 40. Physical Sciences for the following combinations: • • • XX. 711400 Concentration/Pathway Title Year one Semester one One hour XX. 712400 Concentration/Pathway Title Year one Semester two One hour XX. 711500 Concentration/Pathway Title Year one Semester one Two hour XX. 712500 Concentration/Pathway Title Year one Semester two Two hour XX. 711600 Concentration/Pathway Title Year one Semester one Three hour XX. 712600 Concentration/Pathway Title Year one Semester two Three hour XX. 721400 Concentration/Pathway Title Year two Semester one One hour XX. 722400 Concentration/Pathway Title Year two Semester two One hour XX. 721500 Concentration/Pathway Title Year two Semester one Two hour XX. 722500 Concentration/Pathway Title Year two Semester two Two hour XX. 721600 Concentration/Pathway Title Year two Semester one Three hour XX. 722600 Concentration/Pathway Title Year two Semester two Three hour
3. 0 – Student Record Updates DISCIPLINE RECORD E 871 – – Teacher ID must be found in CPI-1 or CPI-2, or must be a contract teacher (55555). All 7’s no longer valid for long-term subs
3. 0 – Student Record Updates COURSE RECORD K-5 Exceptions W 835 – Alpha Grade and Numeric Grade are optional E 924 – Credit Hours Earned must be zero
3. 0 – Student Record Updates SPECIAL EDUCATION RECORD Annual Review / Re-eligibility Overdue ØModifying edits to remove error when due date for event is after a withdrawal date OR date is after an exit event (09, 10) • • E 583… 04 – Initial Eligibility / 08 Re-eligibility due E 584 … 05 – Initial IEP Mtg / 07 IEP Annual Review due E 585… 07 – IEP Annual Review over 1 year old E 586… 08 - 08 Re-eligibility over 3 yrs old
3. 0 – Student Record Updates SPECIAL EDUCATION RECORD Reporting Exits (Events 09, 10): Ø If the student was dismissed from special education in 2009 -2010, report an Event Code 09 from the prior year. Ø If it was this year, please report two events: • the IEP review in which the student was dismissed from special education AND • Event Code 09 for the actual exit.
3. 0 – Student Record Updates PROGRAM RECORD E 410 – the Beginning Date must be within an enrollment period reported. Ø Modified edit to look at multiple enrollment periods for transfer students and for GNETs services before enrollment dates.
3. 0 – Student Record Updates PROGRAM RECORD Alt Ed - Program Code “ 01 E” Ø Choice - Non-Traditional High School (Open Campus/Other) • Use for non-disruptive student and Ombudsman programs • Only use ‘ 01 D’ Performance Learning Centers where Alternative Ed board rule requirements are met • Next year – separate codes for non-disruptive programs and Education Management Organizations (EMO)
3. 0 – Student Record Updates PROGRAM RECORD Ø Alt Ed Program Code 01 E – Changed to allow middle & high school grades. – Changes in layout to be posted this week. Layout Description Where PROGRAM TYPE = ‘ 01’ and PROGRAM CODE = ’ 01 B’, or ’ 01 E’, Grade must be 06 -12. Error Added 01 E Where PROGRAM TYPE = ‘ 01’ and PROGRAM Removed 01 E CODE = ’ 01 C’, ’ 01 D’, or ’ 01 F’ Grade must be 09 -12. E 396 E 397
3. 0 – Student Record Updates MULTIPLE LAYOUTS E 4301 – all records containing both IDs Ø The combination of STUDENT ID/GTID reported for this student does not match the data reported in the Student Level file. Ø Now modified to skip edit when the Student ID or GTID is blank/null • E 059 and E 048 will catch these situations
3. 0 – Student Record Updates EDITS UNDER REVIEW Ø E 570 – • Not catching duplicates when same event and date are reported at multiple schools within the same district. • Tightening of the load procedure and this edit is in progress Ø E 589 – • Please ignore this error in cases where prior year events are being reported for a student who exited in prior year. • A fix is being worked on to remove error where student is not special ed this year.
3. 0 – Student Record Updates ERROR REPORTS Ø Student names have been added to error report detail to assist district in troubleshooting problems – Issue dticket if find an item that does not have name included where is would be useful Ø Also adding GTID and removing Ga. DOE Student ID as reports are brought up for changes.
3. 0 – Student Record Updates REPORTS New this year • SR 075 - INTERNATIONAL EXCHANGE STUDENT: – under Student level reports – Drills down from System Level to School to Student Detail Modified – Revisions due to new Program codes and classifications this year – PGM 004 Program Level Transmission – PGM 001 Annual School Report of Alternative School Information – PGM 004 A GNETS Program Information By School – Removed PGM 002, PGM 003 – Crossroads no longer active program Removed – Removed SR 074 SWD Monitored – no longer collecting this data Removed
3. 0 – Student Record Updates MIGRANT MATCHING E 084 – If Migrant = ''Y'', students must also be reported as migrant from Migrant Education Agency. Please check SR 058 a Migrant Non. Matched Report to see if the Migrant Agency's list of unmatched students has your student, but with a different Student ID. SR 058 a – lists data from the Migrant Agency that has no match in Student Record IF student is not listed on report, but has E 084, either – the Migrant Agency did not report that student to us and they need to check with their Migrant Agency contact about these students. OR – the Migrant Agency reported the student, but with a different Student ID, possibly using their migrant ID. •
3. 0 – Student Record Updates Sign Off Report Ø Updates being made for Alt Ed and GNETS totals based on new Program codes this year. Ø New Sign Off verbiage for Superintendent: I have reviewed and verified the Discipline Comparison Report which compares discipline data from last year to discipline data reported this year. As Superintendent of the district name, School District, I certify that the school district's data contained herein has been compiled by employees who are ultimately under my supervision and control; who have been trained in the importance of accurate data collection and reporting; and who have represented that the data is complete and accurate. I further certify that I have not by any means directly or indirectly falsified or intentionally misrepresented any aspect of this report nor do I know of anyone who has. I acknowledge that this information may be used for funding purposes, state reporting, and Federal reporting and therefore may be submitted to Federal, state and other governmental agencies and to the legislature and other policy makers. I understand that this information is subject to being audited at any time by the Georgia Department of Education, the Georgia Department of Audits and Accounts, the Governor's Office of Student Achievement, the office of Inspector General, and the United States Department of Education. I further acknowledge that knowingly falsifying, misrepresenting or omitting any of this information may result in criminal, civil, or administrative penalties, including disciplinary action under the Code of Ethics for Educators.
4. 0 - Student Course Profile – What’s New for 2012 • Student Course Profile (SCP) – Course schedules sent in SCP allow the teacher on the course record to see a student in the LDS (Longitudinal Data System). Ø 2012 layout has been changed to add: • Start Period • Additional Teachers 1, 2, 3 • Local Course Name • Can have 00. xxx course to allow access to Counselors, Special Education Director or Case Lead, etc. • You define access by sending personnel attached to a student. 3/17/2018 36
5. 0 – Data Collections Conference Update Ø Ø Ø Current registration 320 as of 05 -11 -2011 Format similar to last year Special Education on Day 1 and Day 2 Session on Bullying Program Areas – • Special Education, Safe and Drug Free Schools, Policy, Title III, Alternative Education, Neglected & Delinquent, Mc. Kinney Vento, CTAE, Charter Schools, Gifted Education, Georgia Virtual School, Accountability • Other Topics: Data Collections, LDS, Security, Portal Provisioning, PSC 3/17/2018 37
Questions & Answers