2 Country studying -2.ppt
- Количество слайдов: 101
Country studying -2 (Preparation for ENT ) 50 questions
1. The Statue of Liberty was a gift from …
2. Which beautiful waterfall is situated in the USA?
3. Public schools in the USA are …, while in Britain “public schools” means
free / private fee paying
4. Which is the largest state in the USA? Which is the smallest one?
Alaska. Rhode Island.
5. Who discovered America?
6. British money is …
pound, pence, shilling
7. Who is architect of the famous St. Paul’s Cathedral?
Sir Christopher Wren
8. British people celebrate Halloween on the …
31 st of October
9. … is the largest ocean in our planet.
10. The Statue of Liberty was put up in …
11. What title does Prince Charles, the eldest son of the British Queen, have?
Prince of Britain
12. What is the longest river in the USA? (which is more than 3, 700 km long)
13. When did the US win its Independence?
14. Bald eagle, which is the national symbol of US, is a bird of …
strength and courage
15. How did people feel when they heard Edison’s rendition of “Mary had a little lamb”
16. Who is Frederic August Bartholdi?
The French sculptor
17. Who is the sculptor of the Statue of Liberty?
18. The coyote is a relative of the …
19. What are the last two states to join the US?
20. July Fourth is …
21. Horseshoe Falls on the Canadian side and American falls on the U. S side comprise … Falls
22. Which of the U. S Presidents served the longest of all other Presidents?
Franklin D. Roosevelt
23. What is largest city in the U. S?
24. The largest lady in the world is …
The Statue of Liberty
25. The U. S centre for art and business is …
26. The world’s oldest and largest national park is …
27. Halloween …
is an autumn holiday for children;
28. A red dragon is the symbol of which country?
29. What ancient London landmark was bought by an American shipped stone the USA and rebuilt in Arizona ?
30. How many parts does Great Britain include?
31. What are two oldest universities in England?
• Oxford is the home of the oldest university of England • Cambridge is the home of Britain's second oldest univer sity.
32. What is the capital of Wales?
33. In whose hands is the state power in Britain?
34. Who is officially the head of the state and the government of the USA?
35. The novel “Sister Carrie” was written by …
36. Formally the head of Canada is …
Queen of Great Britain
37. Lewes Carroll was the pen-name of …
Charles Dodge son
38. London became extremely prosperous during …
the 16 th century
39. The ravens in the Tower of London are taken care of because
of a legend
40. The tallest sight in Washington, D. C, is …
U. S Capitol
41. How would say “football” in American English?
42. Oscar is a prize given for …
Achievement in motion picture production.
43. How many houses does the British Parliament consist of?
2 House of Commons and House of Lords
44. Who is officially the head of the state in Great Britain?
The queen or the king
45. What is “Big Ben”?
46. What is the White House?
The residence of President
47. Which of the following is not a state of the USA?
• a) Alaska • b) Washington D. C • c) California • d) Oklahoma • e) Alabama
48. Which of these mountains can you find in the USA?
• a) Mt. Mc. Kinley • b) Cheviots • c) The Pennines • d) The Urals • e) The Alps
49. Which of the following can not be found in London?
• a) Trafalgar Square • b) East End • c) The Statue of Liberty • d) The City • e) West End
50. The City of London is …
the business part of London