- Количество слайдов: 33
Complete Form 1 Their dream Taking a great bike trip. They bought expensive bikes Their preparations _______, got their cousins in travelling interested __________and an atlas found_______.
It begins at __________ a glacier on a Tibetan quickly The _____, moves ______ and mountain Mekong passes through deep valleys Half _____. River of it is in China _____. the Southeast Asia It enters _________. Then it travels slowly through low valleys and plains ______________. At last it enters the South China ________ Sea ___.
Complete Form 2 Similar attitudes towards the trip Different attitudes towards the trip Both Wang Wei and Wang Wei believes Wang Kun think… 1. taking this trip is a dream that comes true 1. they must start in Qinghai where the river begins/see all of the Mekong
Similar attitudes Different attitudes towards the trip Both Wang Wei and Wang Wei believes Wang Kun think… 2. that they will enjoy this trip a lot 2. that they don’t need to prepare much.
Similar attitudes Different attitudes towards the trip Both Wang Wei and Wang Kun believes Wang Kun think… 3. they should see a lot of the Mekong. 1. it’s too cold and high to start in Qinghai.
Similar attitudes Different attitudes towards the trip Both Wang Wei and Wang Kun believes Wang Kun think… 4. that most of the Mekong will be found in the South-east Asia. 2. that using an atlas is very important.
Language points 1. Ever since middle school, my sister Wang Wei and I have dreamed about taking a great bike trip. 从中学起, 我姐姐王薇和我梦想作一 次了不起的自行车旅行。
dream about = dream of 梦见, 梦想 My younger brother dreams of becoming a spaceman. He always dreams about traveling around the world. 注意 dreamed/dreamt
3. Then she persuade me to buy one. 然后她动员我也买了一辆. persuade vt. 说服; 劝服; vi. 被说服 persuade sb. of sth. 使某人相信某事 sb. that clause sb. (not) to do sth. sb. into / out of doing sth. Bear them in your mind!
Compare ! persuade sb. to do sth. = persuade sb into doing sth. persuade sb. not to do sth. = persuade sb out of doing sth. e. g. I persuaded him to do it. persuade him into doing it. 已说服他做这件事。 = 我
2. It was my sister who first had the idea to cycle along the entire Mekong River from where it begins to where it ends. 是我姐姐首先想到骑自行车沿湄公 河从它的源头行走到入海口。 强调句的结构是： It was/is+强调成分+that-/who-分句
如果强调的部分是人, 可用who, 也可用 that, 强调其他成分与内容都用that。 注意 强调时间和地点不能用when或where， 只用that。 e. g. It was in Shanghai that I saw the film. (强调地点状语) 我看这部电影是在上海。
All the members held a meeting in the club yesterday. 根据上下文和语义意图, 说话人可以通 过强调句分别强调主语, 宾语, 状语, 使 之成为信息中心。
all the members that/who held a meeting in the club yesterday. ( It was 强调主语, was不能换用were) a meeting that all the members held in the club yesterday. 强调宾语a meeting) (
in the club that all the members held a meeting yesterday. It was ( 强调地点状语, that不可换用 where) yesterday that all the members held a meeting in the club. (强调时间状语that不可换用 where)
4. Although she didn’t know the best way of getting to places, she insisted that she organize the trip properly. 尽管她对去某些地方的最佳路线并不 清楚，她却坚持要自己把这次旅游安 排得尽善尽美。
although, though引导让步状语从句不 能再和but, and, however连用, 但可以 和副词yet, still连用。 although从句多放在句首, though从句 可在主句前，中，后任何位置，而且 though可以作副词用于句末，作 “但是， 不过”讲，而although无此用法。
insist : declare firmly 坚持认为，坚持主张 1) insist on/upon doing sth 2) 坚持做, 坚决做 e. g. I insisted on/upon his coming with us. 2) insist that +从句坚持认为(后表示一个 事实), 后接的从句用陈述语气, 既按需 要选择时态。
e. g. He insisted that he hadn’t stolen the girl’s handbag. 3) insist that sb. (should) do sth. 坚决 要求, 后接的宾语从句常用虚拟语气 , 既 “should +v. ” e. g. Mary was ill. Her parents insisted that she (should) see a doctor.
5. My sister doesn’t care about details. 我姐姐是不会考虑细节的。 care about : be worried about 忧虑, 关心 e. g. He doesn’t care much about what happens to me.
6. She gave me a determined look –the kind said that she wouldn’t change her mind. 她坚定地看了我一眼----这眼神表 明她不会改变主意。 determine v. 决定, 下定决心, 确定 1) determine to do sth. 2)e. g. He determined to learn French.
2) determine +从句 e. g. She determined that she would never see him again. 3) determine +疑问词+ to do e. g. Have you determined where to spend the holiday next week? determined adj. 坚决的, 有决心的
be determined to do sth. 决心做 e. g. She was determined to go to university. change one’s mind 改变某人的主意 e. g. No matter what you say, I won’t change my mind.
make up one’s mind 下定决心 read one’s mind 看出某人的心思 speak one’s mind 直言不讳 give/ put one’s mind 专心于 keep…in mind 记住 Bear them in your mind!
7. When I told her that our journey would begin at an altitude of more than 5000 meters, she seemed to be excited about it. 当我告诉她我们将 在海拔 5000米处开始旅程, 她好像 对此很兴奋。 at an altitude of = at a height of 在海拔……米处
e. g. The plane is flying at a height / altitude of 10, 000 feet. 注意 at 在此处表 “在……处/时, 以……”后接年龄, 速度, 长 宽深高, 价格, 费用等
at the age of at a high / low price at a depth/width of at the cost of at a distance of
8. When I told her the air would be hard to breathe and it would be very cold… 当我告诉她将呼吸困难, 天气严寒…… 主语 + be + adj. + to do sth. 不定式用主动形式表达被动含义 e. g. The problem is really hard to work out. My boss is easy to deal with.
8. Finally, I had to give in. 最后, 我只好让步。 give in (to sb. /sth. ) 屈服于, 让步, 递交 e. g. He had to give in to my views. It’s time you gave in your papers. give up 放弃, 认输 give away 捐赠, 泄露
8. It becomes rapids as it passes through deep valleys, traveling across western Yunnan Province. 穿过深谷流经云南省西部时它变成 急流. across prep. 穿过 through
辨析: across 常表示从一定范围的一边 到另一边或事物交叉位置, “横穿, 横跨” 表面, 含义与on 有关 through 表达两边穿过或穿过空间 内部, 含义与in 有关 over表示 “越过” 是指越过较高的 物体从一侧到另一侧
e. g. She swam across the river. The river flows through the city from west to east. Walk across the square and go through the gate, then you’ll come to the cafe. The thief climbed over the wall and ran away.