- Количество слайдов: 41
CHRISTMAS QUIZ “HOW MUCH DO YOU KNOW ABOUT CHRISTMAS?
1. The name of the mother of Jesus was: Martha Mary Eve Deborah
Mary Matthew 1: 18 “ This is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about: His mother Mary was engaged to be married to Joseph, but before they married, she learnt whe was pregnant by the power of the Holy Spirit. ”
2. Joseph was a: Carpenter Doctor Engineer Fisherman
Carpenter Matthew 13: 55 "Isn't this the carpenter's son? Isn't his mother's name Mary…”
3. Jesus was born in what town? Jerusalem Nazareth Bethlehem New York
Bethlehem Matthew 2: 1 “… Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea …”
4. How did Joseph and Mary get to Bethlehem? Colt Mary rode a donkey and Joseph walked Wagon Who knows?
We don’t know! The Bible doesn't say. Some suppose that she rode on something since she was so far along in her pregnancy.
5. Who told Joseph and Mary to go to Bethlehem? An angel Caesar Augustus Herod No one told them to go
Caesar Augustus Luke 2: 1, 4 “At that time, Augustus Caesar sent an order that all people in the countries under Roman rule must list their names in a register. And all went to their own towns to be registered. So Joseph left Nazareth …and went to the town of Bethlehem …because he was from the family of David. Joseph registered with Mary to whom he was engaged and who was now pregnant. ”
6. Why didn’t Joseph and Mary stay at the inn? It was too expensive There was no inn There was no room None of the above
There was no room ". . . because there was no room for them in the inn. ” Luke 2: 7
7. After being born, Jesus was placed in a: Basket Manger Pile of hay On the back of a donkey
Manger Luke 2: 7 "And she gave birth to her first son, and wrapped him in pieces of cloth, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. ”
8. A manger is a: Stable Feeding trough Wooden table Barn
Feeding Trough It comes from a Greek word that means "to eat".
9. Which animals does the Bible say were housed in the stable? Cows, donkeys, sheep Lions, tigers and bears Goats, sheep and cows The Bible doesn’t say.
The Bible doesn't say ?
10. What sign were the shepherds told to look for by the angel? A lion and a sheep together in peace A tree with a star on top A star over Bethlehem None of the above
None of the Above "And this shall be a sign to you; You shall find the baby wrapped in pieces of cloth, lying in a manger. ” Luke 2: 12
11. With what words did the heavenly host of angels praise God? "Joy to the World, the Lord is Come” "Glory, Hallelujah” "King of Kings and Lord of Lords” "Glory to God in the highest, ”
Glory to God. . . Luke 2: 13 -14 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests. ” The other songs were written long after Jesus died.
12. From what area were three kings that visited Jesus? The west The east The orient None of the above
None of the above This is a trick question! The Bible only talks about the wise (magi) coming to see Jesus. The Bible never describes them as kings. It‘s just the song that says "We three kings of orient are" Matthew 2: 1 "Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, ”
13. How many wise men came to see Jesus? One Two Three The Bible doesn’t say
No one knows - but more than one. Some SUPPOSE that there were three since there were three gifts given to Jesus, but that is just a guess. Matthew 2: 1 & 11 "Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem… They opened their gifts and gave him treasures of gold, frankincense and myrrh. ”
14. What does "wise men" most likely refer to? Lawyers Star gazers Priests Doctors
Star Gazers Star gazers could often navigate, predict the times for best planting, knew maths, astronomy and calendar systems. They were very important in agricultural societies.
15. The wise men met Jesus in a: Manger Castle Stable House
House Matthew 2: 11 “They came to the house where the child was and saw him with his mother, Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. They opened their gifts and gave him treasures of gold, frankincense and myrrh. ”
16. What is myrrh? A musical instrument A spice used for burial A valuable wine None of the above
A valuable spice sometimes used in burials. John 19: 39 -40 “Nicodeumus…went with Joseph. He brought about seventy-five pounds of myrrh and aloes. These two men took Jesus’ body and wrapped it with the spices in pieces of linen cloth, which is how they bury the dead. ”
17. What is frankincense? A form of gold An incense from a tree A jewel None of the above.
A valuable incense It is made from the sap of a tree.
18. The child Jesus went to Egypt: To meet pharaoh Because Joseph was told in a dream to take him Joseph did not take Jesus to Egypt None of the above
Joseph was told in a dream Matthew 2: 13 “After they left, an angel of the Lord came to Joseph in a dream and said “Get up! Take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt, because Herod is starting to look for the child so he can kill him. Stay in Egypt until I tell you to return. ”
19. In which books of the Bible do we find the story of Jesus’ birth? Matthew Mark Luke John
Matthew and Luke only.
20. December 25 th has been celebrated as Christmas since the Bible was written. True False
False Although the Bible talks about the birth of Jesus, it never uses the word "Christmas". As far as we know, the earliest Christians didn't celebrate Christmas. It wasn’t until about the 4 th century that December 25 th became the common day of celebration. The fact is that no one really knows when Jesus was born – it is likely to be late September, or early in October.