- Количество слайдов: 8
5. ) At a recent social gathering, it was noted that : All of the men are lawyers. None of the lawyers own Porsches. There are 28 lawyers. 46 of the guests do not own Porsches. 24 are men or Porsche owners. There are 48 women. How many people attended this party? ______ How many of the women do not own Porsches? _____ next problem
6. ) At a recent garden party it was noted that: Everyone is a doctor or a lawyer (some are both). Everyone owns a Porsche or a boat (some own both). All of the doctors own Porsches. All of the boat owners are lawyers. There are 36 doctors. There are 87 lawyers. 78 people own Porsches. 61 people own boats. 28 people who are not doctors own both a Porsche and a boat. 11 people have both medical and law degrees and own both a Porsche and a boat. How many doctors do not own a boat? _____ How many lawyers do not own a boat? _____ How many people are at the party? ______
7. ) There are 65 people in a room. All the women are doctors. There are 35 men. There are 50 doctors. How many men are doctors? _______
8. ) There are 100 people at a party. Everyone owns a house or a car. Everyone owns a car or a boat. Everyone owns a house or a boat. 60 own a house and a car. 49 own a car and a boat. 47 own a house and a boat. How many own a house and a car and a boat? ______
9. ) A group of friends meet for dinner. Everyone is a doctor or a lawyer. All the doctors are women. 15 women are lawyers. There are 29 lawyers. There are 21 women. How many people are dining? _____
10. ) At a wine tasting party: Everyone is either a doctor or a lawyer (some are both). All the lawyers are women. All the doctors drive Porsches. All the women own boats. 37 lawyers drive Porsches. 55 women drive Porsches. There are 56 lawyers. 56 doctors own boats. There are 74 women. There are 26 men. 39 women are doctors. How many are doctors? ____ How many drive Porsches? ____ How many are doctors and lawyers? ___ How many own Porsches and boats? _____ How many women are lawyers? ____
11. In a recent survey, a group of people were asked these two questions: “Are you married? ” “Are you happy? ” The results of the survey were: 12 people said they were married and happy. 43 people said they were married or happy. 40 people said they were not married. 58 people said they were unmarried or unhappy. How many people were surveyed?