- Количество слайдов: 22
20 th Century Leaders By Cathe Kuzel
Friends Vacationing in the Alps Adolf Hitler from Germany
Let’s Party with Bert! Josef Stalin of U. S. S. R.
Is This Your Wedding Day? Benito Mussolini of Italy
My Neighbor Vacationing in Cancun Mao Zedong from China
Wave to the Camera Grandpa! Ho Chi Minh of North Vietnam
Someone’s Uncle Frank Francisco Franco of Spain
Movie Stars and Paparazzi Muhammad Reza Pahlavi from Iran
Grandpa and Grandma How Romantic! Vladimir Lenin of Russia
Fun in the Sun! Saddam Hussein of Iraq
Tourists Asking for Directions Kim Il Sung and his son from North Korea
Who Were They? The pictures you just saw were of the top 10 dictators in the world! They look like average, normal people. They could have been a friend, relative, co-worker, or neighbor.
20 th Century Leaders What compels someone to rule absolutely and oppressively? Civilizations throughout history have been ruled by dictators.
20 th Century Leaders • In the 1930's, Europe and Asia's political landscape was marked by a rise in modern dictatorships, many as a result of the chaos that followed World War I. Other countries in the world were also going through political unrest. This paved the way for dictatorships in such countries as Argentina and Cuba.
20 th Century Leaders Come and explore the biographies of some of the most prominent dictators in the 20 th Century. • What made them so charismatic? • What qualities did they have in common? • Why did they become dictators?
Homeland Security needs your help!
• The United States Government desperately needs accurate information about dangerous dictators that have risen to power throughout the world. The U. S. State Department along with Homeland Security is currently recruiting a group of key researchers that can take part in a dangerous mission to expose these men. Are you up for a challenge?
• You have been called by the head of Homeland Security to come to Washington D. C. The current threat level on our nation has been changed from elevated to severe.
• The head of Homeland Security is going to brief you on your mission. You will need to recruit two other people to work with. They must be reliable, trustworthy, and willing to work hard. Your mission and the fate of the nation could be at stake if one of you fails the task.
• Your mission, should you accept it, is to gather evidence on three dictators in the 20 th Century whether they are living or dead. Once you have gathered enough material, you will need to complete a report on each dictator and present it to the head of Homeland Security. Remember these are very dangerous men.
• As always, should any member of your team be caught or killed, homeland security will disavow all knowledge of your actions. This message will self-destruct in 5 seconds. Good Luck Team!
20 th Century Leaders • Dictator of the Month Web Site • The Library of Congress