- Количество слайдов: 30
1 v 0
1. A consistent set of up-to-date and finalised documents should be provided. 2. Following Ph. D completion: all information relevant for the project to be retrieved
4. Beam Permit Loop Frequencies should be more separated than 8 and 8. 125 MHz.
Choice of Components
13. During the live presentation, the BIS encountered a severe denial-of-service due to spurious signals on the optical fiber link, identify and mitigate the cause. 14. The availability of the “old-fashioned” ELED seems to present a potential problem. Investigate alternatives. 15. For the hardwired SPS and LHC interlock signals used by the operators in the CCC, the CIBU – BIC cable exceeds the RS 422 maximum distance. Mitigate this.
16. Electrical tests of all PCBs should be conducted 17. Currently power soak tests are conducted for about one hour. The test duration should be justified and potentially adjusted. 18. A Walkie-Talkie-type / RF susceptibility test should be conducted after installation.
19. The conductivity of the unit’s enclosure and the earth connection of the rack should be tested after installation. 21. Failure modes and corresponding mitigations for a local oscillator failure on the Xilinx CPLD should be checked.
22. Review the VHDL Code when the final version of the CIBM is ready Mechanics
Cabling Radiation and Magnetic Fields 27. The radiation tolerance of the User Interface should be determined.
Interface to the LBDS 29. A similar audit to this should be conducted for the Beam Dump electronics
31. The major User Systems should be audited. 32. User Systems must be made aware of the impact of their designs on the safety of LHC, for example, bad cabling can result in blind failures. 33. The interconnection between User Systems and the Beam Interlock System should be tested using a Walkie/Talking or RF-type test.
34. Alternative solutions of the SOFTWARE_PERMIT signal should be investigated. 35. Procedures for testing the full USER_PERMIT to BEAM_PERMIT chain should be made. The Safe Beam Flag 36. Implications of the swapping of Maskable and Unmaskable channels should be investigated.
37. Safe solutions for the implementation of the Safe LHC Parameters Receiver Board should be investigated. 38. The distribution of the Safe Beam Flag should be consistent with points 36 and 37.