- Количество слайдов: 21
1. Etiology of Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy is mostly due to: • A. Long-term Hypertension • B. Aortic Stenosis • C. Myocardial Ischemia • D. Familial and Genetic
2. Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy may present as: • A. Asymptomatic • B. Congestive Heart Failure • C. Sudden Cardiac Death • D. All of the above
3. Over the last few decades, mortality rate from heart disease is: • A. Decreasing in most industrialized countries. • B. Increasing in most industrialized countries. • C. Maintaining the same level in most industrialized countries • D. One of the lowest rates is in the Philippines compared to other Asia Pacific countries.
4. The prognosis and long term outcome of HCM is: • A. Poor • B. Variable • C. Moderate Risk • D. None of the above
5. The following can increase the murmur of LV outflow tract obstruction except: • A. Valsalva • B. Standing • C. Lying Supine • D. Nitrates
6. All of the following stress test parameters are good prognostic signs except: • A. Systolic blood pressure falling with exercise • B. Heart rate decreasing quickly in the recovery period • C. Absence of chest pain • D. Good exercise tolerance
7. Sudden Cardiac Death in HCM is more common in • A. Elderly age at diagnosis • B. Young age at diagnosis • C. Those with Non-sustained VT on Holter • D. Mild LVH
8. This type of HCM has a good prognosis • A. Hypertrophic Obstructive Cardiomyopathy (HOCM) • B. Midventricular CM • C. Apical Cardiomyopathy • D. None of the above.
9. The mainstay of drug therapy in HCM is: • A. Nitrates • B. Digitalis • C. Diuretics • D. Beta blockers
10. The LV outflow tract obstruction in HOCM is due to: • A. Marked septal hypertrophy • B. SAM (Systolic Anterior Motion of the Mitral Valve) • C. None • D. Both
11. The objectives of financial underwriting are: • A. Ensure insurable interest exists, valid reason for cover. • B. Contract benefits reasonable in relation to needs. • C. Sufficient resources to pay premium. • D. All of the above.
12. A 30 -year old male employee with income of P 1 M a year, wants to buy a P 15 M policy for family protection. Will you: • A. Reduce the sum? • B. Agree, on condition of income proof and medical? • C. Decline outright? • D. Call a PI report on him?
13. The reason for decreasing mortality rates due to heart disease in most industrialized countries is: • A. More angioplasties being done. • B. More bypass surgeries being done. • C. New and better heart medicines being used. • D. Better management of cardiac risk factors.
14. The following are all risk factors for heart disease except: • A. Elevated homocysteine level • B. Low high sensitivity C reactive protein • C. High lipoprotein (a) • D. Low HDL cholesterol
15. Why do life insurance companies investigate a claim? • A. Claim after short duration of policy • B. Claim in remote areas of the world, and not consistent with medical information at outset. • C. Claim not covered under contract • D. All of the above
16. A businessman, age 49, invested in a company with subscribed capital at P 15 M, which was reduced to P 5. 6 M after 5 years. He has personally P 3 M in bank, 1 Volvo and 2 Cherokee, and a house in Corinthian Gardens. He signs up a life insurance proposal for P 40 M for estate protection. What is your estimate of the worth of his investment in the company? • • A. P 12. 9 M B. P 3. 75 M C. P 1. 40 M D. None of the above
17. Which statement is true concerning the new NCEP 2001 guidelines for treating high cholesterol? • A. These guidelines disregard diabetes as a risk factor. • B. These guidelines suggest that doctors look for high risk patients that have Metabolic X syndrome. • C. Have increased the cut off level where HDL cholesterol is a problem. • D. Suggest that hip circumference is a crucial risk factor.
18. Prophylactic AICD implantation is recommended in the following: • A. History of syncope in young individual • B. Marked septal hypertrophy • C. Family History of HCM and SCD • D. All of the above
19. DDD Pacemakers are used in patients with HCM when they have: • A. LV outflow tract obstruction unresponsive to drugs. • B. History of Sudden Cardiac Death • C. Dilated Cardiomyopathy and CHF • D. None of the above.
20. Which of the following is false regarding prognosis in diabetics? • A. Urine microalbumin level is more important than urine microalbumin/urine creatinine ratio. • B. Prognosis is worse if there is evidence of end organ damage. • C. Prognosis is worse if there are other cardiac risk factors. • D. Prognosis is better in the older population.
OFFICIAL ANSWERS TO QUIZ QUESTIONS • • 1. D 2. D 3. A 4. B 5. C 6. A 7. B 8. C 9. D 10. D 11. D 12. B 13. D 14. B 15. D 16. D 17. B 18. D 19. A 20. A