- Количество слайдов: 41
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. Experience in manufacturing products of similar nature. Understanding of scope of work to manufacture the TMT Actuator. Plan to procure required raw material and the electromechanical items. Manufacturing methodology and brief about required facilities. Assembly Procedure Testing and Packaging. Quality Control and Assurance. Requirement to sub-contract part of work if any. Detailed Schedule (procurement, manufacturing, assembling, testing etc. ) A tentative plan for the mass production of actuator.
CNC RUNOUT MEASURING MACHINE
Drive System For A Radio Telescope Ø Machine: Automatic drive system for a radio telescope Ø Description: An automatic drive system consisting of motor and gear assemblies to position the radio telescope at the required position, lock to the position and gradually position itself with reference to the earth rotation Ø Customer: M/s RAMAN Research Institute, Bangalore
3. Understanding of scope of work to manufacture the TMT Actuator. Scope of work Ø Purchase of raw materials for 03 nos of actuators and 10 nos of bought out items Ø Initiate Manufacturing Assembly and testing of 02 nos right handed prototype actuators Plus one set of custom manufactured parts Ø Assemble and testing of two prototype actuators and dispatch to IIAP for validation Ø 3 to 10 Nos proto will be manufactured after clearance from IIAP PS
Responsibility Ø We are aware of the importance of the Professionalism and efforts gone in engineering this project Ø We appreciate the work influencing environment and final deployment with accuracy Ø Strict adherence specification Raw materials and chemical composition and bought out items Ø Geometric Dimension and tolerencing (GD & T)such as Machining, surface finish as per part drawings. Ø In selection of various bought out items and its impact of each variable on the final assembly product Ø We carry out the tolerance analysis for minimum and maximum conditions
Activities Ø Studied the part drawings, Assembly drawings, Material composition, bought out items electrical, electronics and instrumentation that goes into assemblage Ø Identified the basic raw material that are requested for procurement for casting as well bought out sources and test equipment and tools
PROCESS PLANNING JIGS & FIXTURES required for this project are of general purpose, which we are in possession; however any minor changes needed to be incorporated will be taken care of in the jigs & fixtures. As we are planning to carry out all the machining on CNC's, there is no requirement of special jigs and fixtures. Also the tooling's are of general purpose in nature, but for couple of items, special tooling’s are required, which we can modify from general purpose tooling. We have in house CNC vertical machining centers four numbers, CNC horizontal machining centers four numbers, CNC turning & mill centers two numbers & CNC jig boring two numbers. And we can accommodate all the components in our machining capability itself. We have our own process planning department and would be writing the Process planning during execution. From the preliminary study we have assessed the required process planning and falls well within general processing of our in house and vendors. Generally they fall into: Material selection and procurement of raw material. Machining and heat or solution treatment of the item followed by finish operation and coating. Quality inspection of the parts at every stage of manufacturing
Part No 10329967 B Mtl ALY 7075 T 7351 Quantity ACTUATOR END BLOCK Size 100 X 25 mm Weight 01 Prepared Ananth Date Doc. : Date Rev. To : Process Sequence Sheet Part Name Checked SPMIL Opr No. 10 A 10 C 10 D 10 E 10 F 10 G 10 I 10 J 20 A 30 A Description Raw material of size 100 x 25 mm is cut into size by using cutting machine. 1. Milling operation is carried is done to achieve required dimension of 96 x 22 mm. 2. Step cutting done for the specified dimension 2 x 21 mm. . 3. Drilling operation done to achieve the required tap size (M 5) & Ø 6. 53 mm through drill 4. Tapping operation done for specified size ie 2 XM 5. Chamfer 2 x 5 mm is done on both ends of the item. Deburr & round off all sharp corners. Machine Hacksaw machine Hurth machine CNC drilling Pneumatic tapping m/c M 1 TR HURCO Fixture Prog No Tool / Gauge list No. Vernier calliper 150 mm Bore gauge Master tap set Tooling. Cutting blade, Milling tool, chamfering tool, Thread cutting tool, Center drill. Set Up 15 min 10 min Opr. Tim Remarks 2 hrs 45 min 30 min
Part No 10329970 C Mtl ALY 6061 T 6. Quantity CONNECTING ROD Size 155 X 20 m m Weight 01 Prepared Ananth Date Doc. : Date Rev. To : Process Sequence Sheet Part Name Checked SPMIL Opr No. 10 B Description Raw material of size 100 x 25 mm is cut into size by using cutting machine. 1. Turning operation is carried is done to achieve required dimension of 151. 3 x Ø. 15. 85 mm 2. Step turning done for the specified dimension Ø 13 & 12. 65 mm. . 3. Drilling operation done to achieve the required tap size (M 10) 4. Tapping operation done for specified size ie 2 X M 10 5. Deburr & round off all sharp corners. Machine Hacksaw machine HMT lathe machine CNC drilling Pneumatic tapping m/c Fixture Prog No Tool / Gauge list No. Vernier calliper 200 mm Micrometer 0 -25 mm Master tap set Tooling. Cutting blade, Milling tool, chamfering tool, Thread cutting tool, Center drill. Opr. Tim Set Up 10 min Remarks 1 hrs
CONTD…. . MATERIAL SELECTION All the materials will be selected as per the BOM from the reputed sources and checked for its composition and quality. MACHINING All the parts will be fabricated and machined as per the detailed part drawing. Detailed process plan and tool plan would be written before execution INSPECTION We will carry out inspection at every stage. We will maintain record of events at every critical stage and similarly we would develop & establish the entire process of manufacturing, testing of various products of critical importance.
In Line With Assembly and Testing We are confident of Ø importing or localizing the items as per the BOM Ø Assembling as per the procedural document and meeting physical parameters and kinematics /kinetics of the whole assemblage Ø Validate as per test document. Ø Carryout measurements in CMM Ø To measure Cp (Process capability and Cpk (Process capability index) SQC (statistical Quality Control)/SPC (statistical Process Control) tools are employed.
Supplementing Documents Ø Chemical composition certification for raw material Ø Certified data of dimension of manufactured items as measured in CMM Ø Issue of records for Heat treatment / coating thickness Ø Inspection report of visual and functional before assembly Ø Certified data of assembled physical dimension of the item as measured in CMM / Lay out checking machine
TEAM STRUCTURE FOR MANAGEMENT QUALITY CONTROL MANAGER PROJECT MANAGER TEAM LEADER MANUFACTURI NG MEMBER 1 TEAM LEADER ASSEMBLY & TESTING TEAM LEADER PURCHAS E MEMBER 1 MEMBER 2 MEMBER 3 MEMBERS
OPTIMIZATION COST OPTIMIZATION Minimizing rework through quality control and inspection. Better customer interaction at various stages of evaluation. MANUFACTURING OPTIMIZATION is done using following tools Jigs and fixtures CNC programming optimization techniques Sampling inspection in the measurements Product simplification and value analysis would be done later after evaluating the performance of the ten proto actuators
Out sourced activities ü Aluminum castings includes Ø Ø Ø Ø Teak wood pattern designing, cores and core boxes Inspection of patterns, cores and core boxes Pouring in the presence of SPM engineers and collecting test samples Test the sample for chemical analysis Test the sample for strength After test clearance of sample checks for castings Approve castings Take up for machining ü Solution Treatment ü Coating : Thickness Measurement Control ü Procurement of Delrin rods
4. Plan to procure required raw material and the electro-mechanical items. • Ultra Motion Digit linear actuator D-A. 083 -HT 17 -3. 5 • Micro-E Systems MII linear encoder, MII 5850 • Micro-E Systems MII scale, 303 -R 3683 -01 • Voice-coil actuator, H 2 W NCC 15 -24 -050 -1 R • Stepper motor NEMA 17, Anaheim Automation 15 Y 202 D-LW 4 or similar Limit switches, Hall sensor IC, indicator magnet PROPRIETARY OR BOUGHT OUT PARTS • The model NCC 15 -24 -050 -1 R is commercially available off-the-shelf voice coil from H 2 W Technology. • Voice-coil actuator, H 2 W NCC 15 -24 -050 -1 R • Stepper motor NEMA 17, Anaheim Automation 15 Y 202 D-LW 4 or similar Limit switches, Magnet & Hall sensor IC (not in our scope ) PS
5. Manufacturing methodology and brief about required facilities. STRATEGY FOR EXECUTION A Dedicated team is formed for the execution. Dust free assembly area will be ear marked only for the actuators assembly, A bonded store will be created for exclusively maintained for not to mix up with the day today activities. Microsoft project will be used for project monitoring and to ensure no slippage occurs in the schedule PS
LOCATION FOR ASSEMBLY AND TESTING We have our own air controlled room and CMM on which we do the assembly measurement and testing with polyurethane flooring. The specific area of the assembly is 60 Sq Mtr, and it's a part of our one assembly area of 2000 Sq Mtr.
6. Assembly Procedure ASSEMBLY PROCESS Step-1 Assemble the steel magnets using specified fasteners & forms an enclosure as shown in picture Step-2 Install the voice coil & damper on to the casting with specified fasteners as shown in picture Step-3 Install the copper plate in the link assembly Step-4 Install the upper arm & the two flex pivots in the four –bar linkage sub assembly. Assemble the magnets in the housing
ASSEMBLY PROCESS Step-5 Install the vertical link connecting block. Fix the magnetic assembly by shimming to take up the casting clearance. Step 6 install the offload pivot pin & the spring block assembly. Move the four bar linkage & voice coil to get determined position. Step-7 Finally conform that the mechanism can move freely with good clearance without any friction for full range.
ASSEMBLY PROCESS Step-8 Install the offload mechanism & motor the link assembly & the four rulon bushings on the offload arm. Step-9 Install the actuator end block to the end of the liner actuator. Step-10 Install encoder on to the encoder bracket & mount to the housing (care to be taken to avoid scratches on scale) Step-11 Do a fit check for a) SSA adapter bar, b) Output flexure rod c) Rod restraint tube Step-12 Mark each actuator with a unique serial number (as per TMT specification)
ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA AND TEST PLANS IN THE FACTORY AND ON-SITE PRE SHIPMENT TEST A limited set of simple functional tests will be completed prior to shipment of the prototype actuators. TEST EQUIPMENTS Encoder interface adapter (Micro E-Systems ATMII 5000 -S-US Smart Precision Alignment Tool). Stepper motor driver/indexer (Applied Motion Products Model Si 2035 or similar). Audio signal generator. Laptop computer with network adapter (for encoder) and serial port adapter (for motor driver). Spring gauge
FUNCTIONAL TEST PROCEDURE Mount the actuator securely to a flat surface using bolts through its two mounting holes. Test for range of travel and force a) Extension of the actuator output shaft. b) Extension of the off loader. c) Using a spring gauge, measure the pull force at the actuator output shaft before the four bar linkage moves. d) Extension of the actuator output shaft. e) Extension of the off loader. f) Using a spring gauge, measure the push force at the actuator output before the four-bar linkage moves.
TEST FOR ENCODER OPERATION (This test can be done in parallel with preceding test). Connect the encoder to the encoder interface adapter; connect the adapter to a laptop computer, and run the encoder diagnostic software. Move the off loader over its range of travel as above. Measure: Encoder measurement with off loader retracted. Encoder measurement with of loader extended. Confirm “green” signal strength over the full range of travel. TEST FOR VOICE COIL OPERATION. Set the peak-to-peak amplitude at the voice coil leads to 0. 4 V [TBC]. Measure: Encoder peak-to-peak value. Move the off loader so that the voice coil is 3 mm from minimum extension. Measure: Encoder peak-to-peak value. Move the off loader so that the voice coil is 3 mm from maximum extension. Measure: Encoder peak-to-peak value.
ALIGNMENT TOOL FEATURES • Provides fast and easy sensor alignment, index setup and limit setup • Status and setup LED’s: red / yellow / green signal strength LED’s assist during setup and provide diagnostics at a glance; status LED’s for both limits; power indicating LED • Includes AC/DC power supply • Use push button or software for setup • Built in Smart Precision II Software for setup, monitoring, and diagnostics; only a web browser is needed (use of software is optional) • Ethernet software connectivity supports remote connection to the Alignment Tool and MII 5000 encoder, and multiple encoders / computers
MICROSTEP DRIVE FEATURES SPM INDIA LTD
COMPLIANCE MATRIX Test Measurement Data units Acceptance Off loader retracted a Actuator shaft extension um n/a b Off loader shaft extension mm n/a c Pull force N >300 N Off loader extended d Actuator shaft extension um d-a>4000 um e Off loader shaft extension mm e-b>75 mm f Push force N >800 N Encoder test g Encoder with off loader retracted um n/a h Encoder with off loader extended um |g-h|>4000 um i Green light over full range Yes/No Yes Voice coil test j Encoder peak-to-peak (mid range) um >20 um k Encoder peak-to-peak (Min range) um >20 um l Encoder peak-to-peak (max range) um >20 um
7. Sequence of Operation KOM PURCHASE OF BOUGHOUT ITEMS CHECK LIST PATTERN FOR CASTING NOT OK CHECK PATTERN REWORK OK NOT OK CASTINGS NOT OK CHECK CASTING REJECT OK MACHINING INSPECTION IN CMM OK GRINDING NOT OK
X COATING WELDING CHECK DIE PENETRATION TEST COATING TEST NOT OK SOLUTION TREATMENT HARDNESS TEST NOT OK REJECT/REWORK OK STORES
8. Quality Control and Assurance. ISO-9001 -2008 Standard. Request for Quality Audit of Verdicted Products QUALITY Control of NC products ASSURANCE Identified NC product ACTIVITIES. Customer Complaints input & final Product Customer Complaints Resources Man power Instruments PERFORMANCE PARAMETERS: System A). Derived from Company Quality Policy. 1. Number of Improvements Implemented. 2. Value of Non Value adding Activities Eliminated. B). Derived from Quality in Quality Assurance Process. 1. Reduction in no of customer complaints.
9. Requirement to sub-contract part of work if any.
SUB CONTRACT WORKS/ SOURCE Sl. No. Material/Process Source 1 AL ALY 7075 T 73 / A 356 and M/S Varsha Casting Engg Al ALY 6061 T 6 Pvt Ltd, Bangalore 2 Remarks Casting / Bar / solution treatment Aluminium & copper / water jet cutting M/S Power Tech Bangalore 3 Aluminium welding M/S Abhisek Industriea, bangalore 4 Aluminium coating Mil C 5541/42 STRAW COLOUR M/S Shree Karan Metal Technoliges, Bangalore. 5 Copper 110 M/S Hira Metals, Bangalore Suppliers 6 SS 301, 416 M/S Vijay Steel & Metals, Bangalore Suppliers 7 SS Heat Treatment 8 Delrin M/S RKN Heat Treatment Solution, Bangalore. Royal Hardware Mart, Bangalore Suppliers
10. Detailed Schedule (procurement, manufacturing, assembling, testing etc. )
11. A tentative plan for the mass production of actuator. • • q q q For castings we can manufacture Dies and castings can be obtained to close dimensions. With this machining can be reduced to a large extent. Amount saved in machining will be much more than the cost of dies. Re designing the component drawing keeping in mind the Die output so that machining can be minimized to bear minimum. Optimal Interface of CAD/CAM/CAE. In order to economize the production we can device Jigs and Fixtures such that different set up fixtures ensure machining of components to requisite tolerance using conventional machines in lieu of CNC machines thereby the cost can be reduced. Checking / inspection fixture or gauge can be manufactured thereby CMM cost can be reduced. Assembly Jigs can be devised such that assembly time can be reduced. Final assembly validation jig can be devised such that final assembly validation can be controlled. Equivalent bought outs of other reputed make can also be tried out as an alternative to economize the costing. Our decades of honed experience for having designed, manufacture and proved out many Jigs and Fixtures such as : Casting averaging cum qualifying fixture. Different set up fixture for conventional and CNC machines Hydraulic or Pneumo hydraulic Jigs and fixtures Palletized fixtures Assembly fixtures or checking gauges. Welding jigs and fixtures etc. GDR
Risk identification and mitigation plan • We have already identified the probable risk of breakage or damage during assembly of two proto’s and as such we have planned to mfr 3 sets of mfg items • PERT and CPM would be deployed • We have identified the probable risk of rejection of castings and as such we will be casting 5 sets of castings. • We have identified the probable risk of damage or breakage of bought outs during assembly as such we are planning to buy in more qty. • Probable risk of non functioning of the assemblage as devised kinematically / kinetically : Tolerance analysis and FMEA analysis would be deployed to set right the same. • Monte carlo simulation technique would be deployed • SQC /SPC tools would be deployed using SIGMA XL TOOL.
Change control process • Based on the feed back of 2 proto’s there may be changes that would be required in the balance 8 nos. We will not process the mfg till the feed back from TMT / JPL • As we are planning to machine all the parts on CNC’s, change in programme is at our control. • Probable change in casting : minor changes can be accommodated in the pattern • Probable change in toolings: we can always accommodate the changes if it is minor change around the standard tooling. • As mathematical model is not in our access we can only help using ANSYS for validation of the change and the probable animated output. • Manufacturing process in detail • The process planning sheet is as per the sheet enclosed and we would prepare a process sheet showing process in sequence, on type of machine, type of holding device, type of tooling, type of gauging / inspection, type of other standard holders / spanners required. • Source : in case of problem what is to be done • In case of problem with the vendor we would resolve by RCA and CAPA. In the force de majeure condition we have alternate vendor source so that the job will not be stopped at any point of time.
BIG THANK YOU for the Time