- Количество слайдов: 103
导游英语 第二版 高等教育出版社出版 2018/3/20 1
Unit Eight Handling the Accidents • Travel in Shanghai 事故处理—上海导游 2018/3/20 2
教学内容 • Part A Know-how for Tour Guides 导游实务 • 1. The Lost Luggage丢失行李 • 2. Fire Accident火灾 • 3. Traffic Accident交通事故 • Part B Listening Comprehension导 游听力训练 • Jinmao Tower金茂大厦 2018/3/20 3
教学内容 • Part C Situational Dialogue情景对 话 • The Bund外滩 • Part D Methods of Introduction景 点讲解方法 • Method of Explanatory Introduction解释法
• Part E Introduction to Tourist 教学内容 Sites景点讲解 • Nanjing Road南京路 • Part F Tourism Culture旅游文化 • Twelve Animal Figures十二生肖 • Part G Translation景点翻译 • Tourist Sites in Shanghai上海旅游景 点
Part A: Know-how for Tour Guides New words • • • 导游实务 disembark v. (使)起岸；(使)登陆 register v. 记录；登记 tag n. 标签；标记符 submit v. 提交, 递交 reimbursement n. 付款 trap v. 设陷阱；使陷于困境
• • • crawl placate bandage casualty ambulance feedback v. 爬行；徐徐行进 v. 安慰 v. 包扎 n. 人员伤亡 n. 救护车 n. 反馈；反应
Proper Nouns • Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport上海虹桥国 际机场 • lost-and-found office失物招领 处 • Shanghai Peace Hotel上海和平 饭店
1. The Lost Luggage 导游实务 • The Brown’s arrive at Shanghai Hongqiao International Airport. After they disembark the plane they claim their luggage, but in vain. Miss Guo Jinxing urges them to get aboard the coach, for other tourists have been waiting impatiently for half an hour. 2018/3/20 9
1. Listen carefully, and fill in the words or phrases you have heard. • (1) Though she is not held responsible for the lost luggage, Miss Guo should help the look for the luggage Brown’s to____________. She shouldn’t urge the Brown’s to embark the coach before they register the lost property. • (2) In case that they cannot find the luggage should _________________ take them to the lost-and-found office to register the lost property. • (3) With their tickets and luggage tags in hand, the Brown’s could specify the number of luggage and their exterior characteristics, and leave their mobile phone number _______________for further contact.
• (4) She should leave the phone number of the travel agency, as well write down the address and phone number of the airline office and those of the lost-and-found office at the airport so that they can _________wherever they travel. keep in touch • (5) She should tell the Brown’s to buy some daily necessities, and submit receipts reimbursement from the airline for_______________ company later ________. • (6) If the Brown’s leave Shanghai and the luggage is still missing, she must inform the airline company of the address and phone number the next stop of their travel of________________. • (7) She may help them to lodge a claim the airline company against______________.
2. Listen again and answer the following questions. 导游实务 • 1. What does a tourist usually take with him when they register this lost luggage? • He should take his tickets and luggage tags when he registers the lost luggage. 2018/3/20 12
• 2. Why is it important to leave the telephone number of the travel agency with the lost-and-found office and the airline company? • The travel agency can keep in touch with the lost-and-found office and the airline company. If the airline finds the lost property the tourists can get it back as soon as possible.
2. Fire Accident 导游实务 • Mr. Brown and his wife check in the Shanghai Peace Hotel. They are watching the TV when the hotel catches the fire. How can the guide take the Brown’s to escape the fire? 2018/3/20 14
1. Listen carefully, and match the information in column A with that in column B(There are two extra items in column B). Column A 1. cover their mouth and nose 2. Do not take the elevator 3. sprinkle the water on the door 4. send tourists to the hospital nearby 5. submit a written report Column B A. to keep it cool and wet B. to prevent from breathing the smoke C. after the trip is over D. through a safe emergency exit E. if there is a power failure F. if they are injured in the fire G. after the fire disaster
Suggestions: 导游实务 • (1) The guide should report the fire immediately to the police. • (2) He should lead the Brown’s to a safe place through a safe emergency exit. Tourists should cover their mouth and nose and crawl out of the room on hands and knees, with their body close to the ground; • (3) He must warn them not to take the elevator, for they may get trapped in the elevator because of the power failure caused by the fire. 2018/3/20 16
• (4) If the doorway is already blocked by a big fire or the dense smoke, tourists should take following measures: • a. Seal the doorframe with wet clothing and sprinkle the water on the door to keep it cool and wet while waiting for the rescue. • b. Wave colorful clothing out the window to signal for help. 2018/3/20 17
• (5) If they are injured in the fire the guide should send them to the hospital nearby. • (6) The guide should console tourists and encourage them to continue with their travel, if at all possible. • (7) The guide should make a verbal report to the travel agency and submit a written report after the trip is over. 2018/3/20 18
2. Listen again and answer the following questions. 导游实务 • 1. Do you think tourists should run as fast as possible when the hotel catches the fire? • No, tourists should cover their mouth and nose, and crawl out of the room and escape through a safe emergency exit. They should not to take the elevator, for they may get trapped in the elevator because of the power failure caused by the fire. 2018/3/20 19
• 2. Why do you think tourists should seal the doorframe with wet clothing and sprinkle the water on the door when the doorway is blocked by the fire? • It is dangerous to escape through the gate when the doorway is already blocked by a big fire or the dense smoke. Tourists should sprinkle the water on the door to keep it cool and wet while waiting for the rescue. They may wave colorful clothing out of the window to signal for help.
导游实务 Additional Tips for Tour Guides • Traffic Accident 2018/3/20 21
A guide should handle the traffic accident according to the following procedures: • The guide should have a rescue for the injured immediately. He should keep calm and remove the tourists to a safe distance from the accident. • The guide should help to stop the bleeding of the injured tourists, bandage up the wounded and send the badly wounded to the nearest hospital. 2018/3/20 22
• The guide should report to the traffic 导游实务 police and the travel agency as soon as possible. In the case of heavy casualties, the guide should call for an ambulance and report immediately to the traffic police for help and rescue. • The guide is supposed to protect the accident site for the police investigation. • The guide should console the tourists and, if possible, continue the travel schedule as planned. 2018/3/20 23
• The guide should submit a written report to the travel agency which gives a detailed account of the accident, including: the cause of accident, the sequence of events, the process of handling the accident, the tourists’ feedback and the account of those responsible for the accident. 2018/3/20 24
Exercise: Decide whether the statements are true or false 导游实务 • If it is true, put “T” in the space provided and “F” if it is false. • 1. ____ Tourists will register their lost luggage at the lost-and-found office at the airport when they fail to find their luggage. 2018/3/20 25
• 2. ____ A guide should take tourists to take elevator to evacuate as soon as possible if the fire occurs. 2018/3/20 26
导游实务 • 3. ____ A guide should stand by the road to signal for help immediately when an accident happens. 2018/3/20 27
• 4. ____ A guide should cancel the travel schedule if the traffic accident because the safety is always the first. 2018/3/20 28
• 5. ____ A guide should deliver a written report about the accident after the travel is over. 2018/3/20 29
Part B : Listening Comprehension Jinmao Tower 导游听力 New words • • reduce surveillance multifunction recreational 的 v. 减少；缩小 n. 监视；监督 n. 多功能 adj. 休闲的；娱乐
Proper Nouns • Jinmao Tower金茂大厦 • Lujiazui Finance and Trade Districts陆家嘴金融贸易区 • Pudong浦东 • Adrian D. Smith 艾德里安·D·史 密斯 • Grand Hyatt Shanghai 上海君 悦大酒店
Jinmao Tower The tallest building in china and the third tallest building of the world. It is located in the center of Lujiazui Finance and Trade Districts in Pudong.
The 88 -storey Jin Mao tower was completed in 1999. It is a ingenious skyscraper. 420. 5 meters tall covers an area of 2. 3 hectares 2018/3/20 33
• This building includes modern offices • a deluxe 5 -star hotel –the Grand Hyatt Shanghai • exhibition halls • banquet halls • an observation deck • entertainment facilities 2018/3/20 34
a deluxe 5 -star hotel –the 2018/3/20 Grand Hyatt 35
The tower has the best elevators operate. The speed of 9. 1 meters per second. To the 88 th floor for only 45 seconds. 2018/3/20 36
• Five to six elevators every 10 floors. • 3 stories deep parking area for 800 cars and 2000 bicycles. • This area is equipped with 360 degree surveillance cameras. 2018/3/20 37
顶部观景台 2018/3/20 38
1. Listen carefully, and fill in the 导游听力 blanks with the words or phrases you’ve just heard. • Miss Brown could hardly sleep. She turns on the light to read the guidebook about Jinmao Tower, the new tourist attraction in Shanghai. 2018/3/20 39
Jinmao Tower Being the tallest building in China and the 导游听力 (1)_________ tallest building of the world, third Jinmao Tower is located in the center of Lujiazui Finance and Trade Districts in Pudong. The 88 (2)________ -stories Jinmao Tower was completed in 1999. It is (3)_________ meters 420. 5 tall and covers an area of 2. 3 hectares. The architect, Adrian D. Smith, of this skyscraper ingeniously combined the elements of traditional Chinese culture with the (4)________ architectural styles of newest the time, which makes Jinmao Tower one of the bestconstructed buildings in China. This building offices includes modern (5)________, a deluxe 5 -star hotel- the Grand Hyatt Shanghai, exhibition halls, banquet halls, an observation deck, and entertainment facilities.
elevators The tower has the best (6)________ available. Two direct elevators operate at the speed of (7)________ meters per second that can send 9. 1 visitors from the ground floor to the 88 th floor for only 45 (8)________ seconds. There also five to six elevators every 10 floors, which reduce waiting-time to 35 seconds even during rush hours. The basement of the tower is a parking area 3 stories deep, which can 2000 hold 800 cars and (9)_______ bicycles. The parking area is equipped with 360 -degree surveillance cameras as a security feature of the building. The tower annex has an (10)_________ building 6 -stories high which houses the exhibition halls, conference rooms, multi-function halls, grand banquet halls and a recreational center.
2. Listen again, and answer the following questions. 导游听力 • 1. Which is the tallest building in China? What is its height? • Jinmao Tower is the tallest building in China and the third tallest building of the world. It is 420. 5 meters tall and covers an area of 2. 3 hectares.
• 2. Who designed the skyscraper? What is the style? • The architect of the Jinmao Tower is Adrian D. Smith, who ingeniously combined the elements of traditional Chinese culture with the newest architectural styles of the time.
• 3. How many storeys does Jinmao Tower have? How long does it take to reach the top of the building by the elevator? • Jinmao Tower has 88 storeys. Two direct elevators operate at the speed of 9. 1 meters per second that can send visitors from the ground floor to the 88 th floor for only 45 seconds.
导游听力 • 4. What are the buildings in the Jinmao Tower? Does it have any annex buildings? • Jinmao Tower includes modern offices, a deluxe 5 -star hotel-the Grand Hyatt Shanghai, exhibition halls, banquet halls, an observation deck, and entertainment facilities. The tower has an annex building 6 -stories high which houses the exhibition halls, conference rooms, multi-function halls, grand banquet halls and a recreational center.
Part C: Situational Dialogue The Bund New words • • opium destroy dome circular 情景对话 n. 鸦片 v. 破坏, 毁坏 n. 圆屋顶 adj. 圆形的；循环的
Proper Nouns • • • Puxi浦西 Opium War鸦片战争 British Concession 英租界 International Settlement国际租界（公共租界） Zhongshan Road中山路 Second World War 第二次世界大战 Dongfeng Hotel东风饭店 Nanjing Road 南京路 Shanghai & Hong Kong Bank 上海汇丰银行 Shanghai Municipality上海市政府 Shanghai Customs Building 上海海关大楼
The Bund 2018/3/20 48
The history of the Bund 2018/3/20 49
British Concession 2018/3/20 50
The old face of the Bund 2018/3/20 51
The new face of the Bund day 2018/3/20 night 53
Lujiazui Finance Trade District 2018/3/20 The wide Zhongshan Road 54
The Night Of Pudong 2018/3/20 55
Dongfeng Hotel 2018/3/20 56
The night of Dongfeng Hotel 2018/3/20 57
Shanghai & Hong Kong Bank 2018/3/20 58
Shanghai Customs Building 2018/3/20 59
The Peace Hotel 2018/3/20 60
Sassoon House 2018/3/20 61
Useful Expressions for a dialogue 情景对话 • 1）这就是外滩，这些房子可有些年头了。 • This is the Bund. These buildings have been around for quite some time. • 2) 看你这付心满意足的样子，没想到上海有 这么大吧？ • Look how content you are! I never expected that Shanghai would be this big. 2018/3/20 63
• 3）我们没买东西，只是到处转了转。 • We didn’t buy anything. We just walked around here and there. • 4)还说自己是上海通呢，幸亏我们没跟着 做。 • You’re boasting yourself of the Shanghai expert? Just as well we didn’t follow suit. 2018/3/20 64
The Bund 情景对话 • Today the Brown’s will cruise on the Huangpu River to see the past and present of Shanghai. It is one of the most fascinating tourist items to travel on the Huangpu River, for they can enjoy the different views of both sides of the river-Pudong and Puxi. 2018/3/20 65
Listen to the dialogue, and decide whether the 情景对话 statements are true or false. If it is true, put “T” in the space provided and “F” if it is false. • 1. ______ After the first Opium War in 1840, the Bund gradually became the British Concession and International Settlement.
• 2. ______ Most of the old buildings in Europe were destroyed in the Second World War, but the grand buildings that their forefathers built in Shanghai have survived. • 3. ______ Dongfeng Hotel was built in classic American style with a six-storey structure topped with two pavilions in the east and west.
• 4. ______ The reception rooms of Shanghai & Hong Kong Bank were built with five architectural styles: the American, British, French, Russian and Greek styles. • 5. ______Shanghai Customs Building was built in 1927. The clock on top of the building strikes every 50 minutes.
2. Divide the class into groups, and do the dialogue. Pay attention to your body language. 情景对话
Part D Methods of Introduction 景点讲解 • Method of Explanatory Introduction • 解释 法 2018/3/20 70
• This method is intended to help tourists understand some vague (模糊 的) points of tourist sites with plain words. It is often applied when a guide introduces the religion, science, historical interests, or miracles (奇迹) that tourists may fail to understand. For example, when a guide takes tourists to tour the Nanjing Road he should explain why Nanjing Road is most popular in Shanghai, even in China though it is not the first road, nor the widest one in Shanghai. 2018/3/20 71
景点讲解 • Nanjing Road and the Bund are reputed as the “World Architecture Show”, but how they come out. The guide should convince tourists with some typical examples. Nanjing Road is the “Shopper’s Paradise”, and its fame needs your explanations; otherwise tourists may think you are boasting. 2018/3/20 72
• Nanjing Road is also a paradise for gourmets. Do you believe all tourists think so? Not exactly. The guide should explain the various foods available on the Nanjing Road. This method is more effectively when it is used with the method of question-andanswer introduction. 2018/3/20 73
Part E: Introduction to Tourist Sites Nanjing Road New words • • treaty colonialist Gothic baroque Romanesque array gourmet 景点讲解 n. 条约 n. 殖民主义者 adj. 哥特式的 adj. 巴洛克式的 n. 罗马式 v. 排列 n. 美食家
• genuine • pedestrian • arcade 道 • choice • illuminate 饰(街道等) adj. 真实的；诚恳的 n. 步行者 n拱廊；有拱廊的街 adj. 精选的；上等的 v. 照亮, ；以灯火装
Proper Nouns • “China’s No. 1 Business Street”“中 华商业第一街” • Jing’an Temple 静安寺 • Champs Elysees Avenue香榭丽舍大 道 • Mc. Donald’s 麦当劳 • Pizza Hut 必胜客（比萨饼）
• • • Grand Vairocanna Buddha卢舍那大佛 Empress Wu Zetian 武则天女皇 Mona Lisa 蒙娜丽莎 “Eastern Mona Lisa” “东方蒙娜丽莎” Ananda 阿难 Kashyapa 迦叶 Bodhisattva菩萨 Heavenly King 天王 Vajra 金刚 Divine Pagoda神塔
China's No. 1 Business Street 2018/3/20 Wall Street of the East 78
Nanjing Road begins from the Bund in the east to the Jing’an Temple in the west. 2018/3/20 79
China’s No. 1 Business Street 2018/3/20 80
Trackless sightseeing train 2018/3/20 82
Nanjing Road is w ell deserved as the “W orld Architec ture Sho w”. 2018/3/20 83
The European Architectural Feture Of The Renaissance Period 2018/3/20 84
Word Arcticture Show 2018/3/20 85
Nanjing Road is known as the Paradise for shoppers. 2018/3/20 86
The good plece for shopping The Century Plaza 2018/3/20 87
Shanghai East Asia Hotel Oriental Department Store First Food Store 2018/3/20 89
Nanjing Road 景点讲解 • Make a simulated introduction of Nanjing Road. Keep in your mind the following places of interest, events and their features when you make your introduction. 2018/3/20 90
• The architectural styles of the buildings on the Nanjing Road are well recommended. You may focus on your introduction of the “World Architecture Show”. • The shopping malls on the Nanjing Road are popular, where tourists can experience what is the shoppers’ paradise like.
• The varieties of foods available turn the Nanjing Road into a paradise for gourmets. You may mention some famous schools of food in China or in the world. • The scenery of Nanjing Road at night is a spectacular view which certainly will inspire tourists’ imagination.
Part F: Tourism Culture旅游文化 se Twelve Animal Figures ine Ch iac Choose the best answer to complete the 旅游文化 Zod following statements. • 1. The 12 animal figures of the Chinese calendar exclude A. the goat. C. the pig. 2018/3/20 D B. the rabbit. D. the cat. 93
• 2. Which is the first one of 12 animals according to the Chinese calendar? A. Ox. C. Rooster. 2018/3/20 B B. Mouse. D. Dragon. 94
• 3. Which of the followings is true according to the text? 12 animal figures come from C A. the running winners of all the animals. B. the 28 constellations. C. the totems of ethnic groups. D. the totem of Han people. 2018/3/20 95
• 4. The cat failed to be chosen as one of the 12 animal figures because he was A. lazy. B. late. C. slow D. cheated by the rat. 2018/3/20 D 96
Part G : Translation for Tourist Sites Translation 景点翻译 • 1. Huangpu River (黄浦江)cruise is a traditional tourist item in Shanghai’s tours. It is significant not only because of Huangpu River being Shanghai’s mother river but also of the collection of the quintessence (精华) of Shanghai scenes. • 黄浦江游览是上海旅游观光中的一个 传统旅游项目，它的意义不仅在于 黄浦江是上海的母亲河，还在于其 融会了上海景观之精华。 2018/3/20 97
• 2. Guyi Garden (古猗园) was first constructed in the Ming Dynasty. Built in a unique style, the garden has exquisite (精致的) towers and pavilions, elegant (巧雅的) studies and long corridors, pebble paths and winding streams, old twisted Chinese scholar trees (sophura japonica) ( 槐 树), and precious flowers of all seasons. • 古猗园始建于明代。园内有精致的亭 台楼阁，巧雅的小轩长廊，石径曲 水、盘槐古树、四季名卉，别具风格。 2018/3/20 98
• 3. Situated in the southwest part of 景点翻译 the city, Longhua Temple (龙华寺) is the biggest and oldest temple in the lower reaches of the Yangtze River Delta (长江三角洲). It is also one of the major scenic attractions of Shanghai. • 龙华寺位于上海市西南，是长江三角 洲下游地区最大、历史最悠久的古 寺，上海著要旅游景点之一。 2018/3/20 99
• 4. 东方明珠塔(Oriental Pearl Tower) 位于上海黄浦江畔，塔高 468米，是 亚洲第一，世界第三高塔。 • The Oriental Pearl Tower, 468 metes high, stands by the bank of the Huangpu River. It is the highest TV Tower in Asia and the third highest one in the world. 2018/3/20 100
• • 2018/3/20 5. 豫园 (Yuyuan Garden or Garden of 景点翻译 Leisurely Repose)位于市区豫园路的同名建 筑“豫园”，是上海古典园林的典范 (paragon)。 Yuyuan Garden (Garden of Leisurely Repose) on the road of the same name in downtown is the paragon of classical gardens of Shanghai. 101
• 6. 玉佛寺(Jade Buddha Temple)是一 座著名佛教禅寺(Zen Buddhist temple)。寺内供奉着玉雕释迦牟尼 (Sakyamuni)坐像和卧像各一座。 • Jade Buddha Temple is a well-known Zen Buddhist temple. Two jade statues of Sakyamuni are enshrined. One is in a sitting position, and another is a reclining position. 2018/3/20 102
The end Thank You! 2018/3/20 103