- Количество слайдов: 90
导游英语 第二版 高等教育出版社出版 2018/3/18 1
Unit Twelve Sending off the Tour Group Travel in Guangxi 送客离站—广西导游 2018/3/18 2
• • • 2018/3/18 教学内容 Part A Know-how for Tour Guides 导游实务 1. Preparations for Sending off the Tour Group离站准备 2. Possible Delay of Sending off the Tourists离站可能遇到的延误 3. Handling the Issues after Sending off the Tourists离站送客后 续事宜 Part B Listening Comprehension导 游听力训练 Elephant Trunk Hill象鼻山 3
教学内容 • Part C Situational Dialogue情景对 话 • Reed Flute Cave芦笛岩 • Part D Farewell Speech欢送词 • A Farewell Speech by the Local Guide 地陪致欢送词
• Part E Introduction to Tourist 教学内容 Sites景点讲解 • Lijiang River漓江 • Part F Tourism Culture旅游文化 • Chinese Calligraphy 中国书法 • Part G Translation景点翻译 • Tourist Sites in Guangxi广西旅游景 点
Part A: Know-how for Tour Guides New words • • • fridge postpone modify obligation questionnaire 导游实务 n. 电冰箱 v. 推迟, 使延期 v. 更改, 修改 n. 义务, 职责 n. 问卷，调查表
Proper Nouns • Guilin桂林 • Lijiang漓江 • Guilin Overseas Travel Service桂林 海外旅行社 • OK ticket OK机票，座位已经确认的机票
1. Preparations for Sending off the Tour Group 导游实务 • According to the travel schedule the Brown’s will have a city tour of Guilin today, and then tour the beautiful Lijiang tomorrow. They will leave Guilin for New York by way of Hong Kong. Mr. Huang Dong, the deputy manger of Guilin Overseas Travel Service advises Miss Liu Ting to make preparations for sending off the tourists in advance. 2018/3/18 8
1. Listen carefully, and fill in the words or phrases you have heard. Check the names, numbers of the tourists as well as the tickets. Help the tour leader the air tickets confirm___________. • (2) If tourists who have OK tickets do not leave within 72 hours, the seats guide should reconfirm_____; otherwise the airline company may not reserve the seats. • (1) • (3) Confirm the correct time and _____________ for place of the departure the tour group;
• • (4) Confirm the time the wake-up call and mealtime for______________; (5) Confirm the time for______________; the delivery of luggage (6) Remind tourists to pay their bills ____________before they leave the hotel if they take drinks and others in the mini fridges in the room; (7) Return their identity cards or passports foreign tourists leave China before_____________.
2. Listen again and answer the following questions. • 1. Do you think it is necessary to confirm the 导游实务 time for the wake-up call? • Yes, the guide should confirm the time for the wake-up call for fear that some tourists may oversleep. 2018/3/18 11
• 2. Why does the guide announce the time for delivery of luggage? • The guide should announce the time for delivery of luggage so that the tourists could get ready in advance.
2. Possible Delay of Sending off the Tourists 导游实务 • The accidents or other incidents may postpone the departure of the tourists. The most possible delay is the traffic jam. Mr. Huang Dong gives Miss Liu some advices if tourists are held up by the traffic jam and fails to catch the flight. 2018/3/18 13
1. Listen carefully, and match the information in column A with that in column B(There are two extra items in column B). Column A 1. do an apology to the tourists 2. contact the ticket office Column B A. to send off the tourists B. to console the tourists C. the modified travel schedule 3. choose other modes of transport 4. arrange for their accommodations 5. notify the next stop of D. when tourists remain in Guilin E. to get the earliest air tickets F. upon approval of the sponsor agency G. on behalf of the travel agency
Suggestions: 导游实务 • 1. Do an apology to the tourists on behalf of the travel agency if tourists miss the airplane. • 2. Contact the ticket office to see if the earliest flight is available. Try your best to catch the earliest flight. 2018/3/18 15
• 3. Choose other modes of transport to send off the tourists upon approval of the travel agency. • 4. Make arrangements for their accommodations in Guilin and notify the next stop as soon as possible of the modified travel schedule if the package tour is not over. 2018/3/18 16
2. Listen again and answer the following questions. 导游实务 • 1. Who is to blame if tourists miss the airplane? • Generally speaking, the guide is to blame. 2018/3/18 17
• 2. Which is the better way for sending off the tourists? To catch the earliest flight or to choose other modes of transport? • To catch the earliest flight is the better way for sending off the tourists. If the travel agency sends off tourists by other means the tourists may complain; the travel agency may pay more cost for the change of the mode of transport.
Additional Tips for Tour Guides 导游实务 • Handling the Issues after Sending off the Tourists • After sending off the tourists a guide should handle the issues which are associated with the travel. • Submit the bills to the accounting department and settle the account within the given time. 2018/3/18 19
• Review the questionnaires and study the suggestions raised by tourists so as to improve his work in the future. • Write a brief summary of the tour. • Submit a written report to the travel agency if a serious accident or safety incident occurs during the travel. 2018/3/18 20
Exercise: Decide whether the statements are true or false 导游实务 • If it is true, put “T” in the space provided and “F” if it is false. • 1. ____ A guide should reconfirm the seats of international flights 72 hours before departure. 2018/3/18 21
• 2. ____ A guide can choose other modes of transport to send tourists if they are held up by the traffic. 2018/3/18 22
• 3. ____ A guide should notify the next stop of the modified travel schedule if tourists cannot leave on time. 2018/3/18 23
• 4. ____ A guide should pay for what tourists take from the mini fridges in their rooms. 2018/3/18 24
• 5. ____ A guide should have a good rest after he sends off the tourists because he is tired. 2018/3/18 25
Part B : Listening Comprehension Elephant Trunk Hill New words • trunk • penetrate n. 象鼻 v. 穿透；渗透 导游听力
Proper Nouns • Elephant Trunk Hill象鼻山 • “Moon-over-Water Cave” 水 月洞 • Treasure Vase Hill宝瓶山 • Sword Handle Hill剑炳山
Elephant Trunk Hill 2018/3/18 29
The symbol of Guilin 2018/3/18 31
Fubo (Taming Wave) Hill 2018/3/18 33
1. Listen carefully, and fill in the blanks 导游听力 with the words or phrases you’ve just heard Miss Liu Ting takes the Brown’s to visit the first site of Quilin— the Elephant Trunk Hill. It is the landmark of the landscape city of Guilin. 2018/3/18 34
Elephant Trunk Hill Situated majestically at the southeast of Guilin 导游听力 City and west bank of the Lijiang River, Elephant Trunk Hill is regarded as the symbol of Guilin landscape (1)________. Resembling an elephant that is leisurely (2)_______ water from the river with sucking its long trunk, this hill is famous for its shape of a giant elephant. The hill towers 55 meters above the water. Between the trunk and the legs of the elephant cave is a (3)_______, in the shape of a full moon, penetrating the (4)________ from side to side. hill People named it “Moon-over-Water Cave”. It is possible for boats to go through and especially in the moonlit (5)________ night you will see the moon being reflected in the water.
When the water wave and the moonlight gleams, the scene is exceedingly (6)_______. On the enchanting walls in and around this cave, over 70 inscriptions from the Tang and Song dynasties were found, praising the beauty (7)________ of hills and waters nearby. Halfway up the hill lies another cave, which goes through the hill and serves as the (8)________ of the eyes elephant, through which visitors can overlook the beautiful scene of Guilin City. There are stone steps for tourists to ascend the hill which has a flat top (9)_______ with trees. Built on the top is a three overgrowing pagoda -tiered (10)________ of the Ming Dynasty, which looks much like a treasure vase or the handle of a sword, hence its other names the Treasure Vase Hill or the Sword Handle Hill.
2. Listen again, and answer the following questions. 导游听力 • 1. What is the symbol of Guilin landscape? What does it look like? • The Elephant Trunk Hill is regarded as the symbol of Guilin landscape. It looks like an elephant that is leisurely sucking water from the river with its long trunk.
• 2. Where is the “Moon-over-Water Cave”? What can the tourists view on the wall of the cave? • Between the trunk and the legs of the elephant is the “Moon-over-Water Cave”, in the shape of a full moon, penetrating the hill from side to side. On the walls in and around this cave, tourists can see over 70 inscriptions from the Tang and Song dynasties, which praise the beauty of hills and waters nearby.
• 3. How When was the threetiered pagoda built? What does it look like? • The three-tiered pagoda on the top of the Elephant Trunk Hill was constructed during the Ming Dynasty. It looks much like a treasure vase or the handle of a sword.
• 4. What are the other names of the Elephant Trunk Hill? Why? • The Elephant Trunk Hill is also called “Treasure Vase Hill” or “Sword Handle Hill” because some people think it presents the shape of a treasure vase, while others believe it looks like the handle of a sword.
Part C: Situational Dialogue Reed Flute Cave 情景对话 New words • • wizard stalactite stem grove crouch aspiration corruption stalagmite adj. 奇异的，有魔力的 n. 钟乳石 n. 茎, 干 n. 小树林 v. 蜷缩，蹲伏 n. 渴望；雄心 n. 腐败，堕落 n. 石笋
Proper Nouns • Reed Flute Cave芦笛岩 • Morning Glow over Lion Forest狮林朝霞 • Pagoda-shaped Pine Defying the Snow塔松傲雪 • Enjoy Charming scenes on Cloudy Terrace云台览胜
Stone pillar looks like a snow-pine in the shape of a pagoda 2018/3/18 46
Stalactites are illuminated by colored lighting 2018/3/18 48
Cloudy Terrace This is the best place to enjoy charming scenes in the reed flute cave. 2018/3/18 49
Useful Expressions for a dialogue 情景对话 • 1）好一个“阳朔山水甲桂林”，看来真是一 点也不夸张！ • No wonder they say “Yangshuo’s landscape is even better than that of Guilin’s”. It looks like it’s no exaggeration！ • 2)这里的风景好像一幅立体图画一样，我有 一种“人在画中游”的感觉。 • The scenery here is like a three-dimensional picture. I feel like I’ve walked into a beautiful painting. 2018/3/18 50
• 3）行了，你就别卖关子了，还是告诉他 这个传说吧。 • Come on. Don’t leave him hanging. You’d better tell him about the legend. • 4)哈哈，你看他，都入迷了！还有更好的 风景等着你们呢。 • Haha, look how far gone he is… There are even better sights waiting for you. 2018/3/18 51
Reed Flute Cave 情景对话 • Early in the morning, Miss Liu Ting takes the tourists to the Reed Flute Cave. It is one of the spectacular and picturesque caves in the area of Guilin and a must-see tourist site for tourists from all over the world. 2018/3/18 52
1. Listen to the dialogue, and decide whether the statements are true or false. If it is true, put “T” in 情景对话 the space provided and “F” if it is false. • 1. ______ Reed Flute Cave is a spectacular world of various stalactites, stone pillars and rock formations.
• 2. ______ All of the stalactites, stone pillars and other rocks in the Reed Flute Cave are illuminated by colored lighting. • 3. ______ The snow-pine has a lofty spirit, which expresses a noble ideal which defies the authority and corruption in ancient times according to Chinese scholar officials.
• 4. ______ The site of Morning Glow over Lion Forest is the best place to enjoy charming scenes in the Reed Flute Cave. • 5. ______Visitors can enjoy a scroll painting of Guilin landscape at the site of Enjoy Charming scenes on Cloudy Terrace.
2. Divide the class into groups, and do the dialogue. Pay attention to your body language. 情景对话
Part D Farewell Speech 欢送词 New words attentive adj. 注意的, 专心的
Proper Nouns • New York 纽约 • Hong Kong 香港 • Guilin International Airport 桂林国 际机场 • boarding pass登机牌 • Seven-star Hill Scenic Area七星山 风景区 • Flowery Bridge花桥 • Crescent Hill月牙山
Tips for a Farewell Speech 欢送词 • Greet tourists cordially. • Extend your compliments to their understanding and cooperation. • Look back on the sightseeing activities or the major sites they have visited. • Ask them for the advice and suggestions on your service. • Wish them a pleasant journey back home or a good trip to the next stop. 2018/3/18 59
Part E: Introduction to Tourist Sites Lijiang River New words • • plow descend ferry vanguard v. 耕作 v. 下来，下去 n. 摆渡, 渡口 n. 前锋, 先锋 景点讲解
Proper Nouns • • Zhujiang Port竹江码头 Lijiang River漓江 Yangshuo阳朔 Three Gorges三峡 Zhujiang Scenic Area竹江风景区 Bat Hill蝙蝠山 Caoping Scenic area 草坪风景区 Crown Hill 冠山
• Guanyan (Crown) Cave冠岩 • Banbian Du (Half-Side Ferry)半边 渡 • Yangdi Scenic area杨堤风景区 • Xingping 兴坪 • Nine-horse Painting Hill 九马画山 • Dr. Sun Yet-sun 孙中山 • Bill Clinton 比尔·克林顿 • West Street西街
Yangshuo(阳朔) 2018/3/18 64
Numerous strange peaks A painting in a poem and a poem in a painting. 2018/3/18 65
Zhujiang Scenic Area 2018/3/18 66
Bat Hill 2018/3/18 67
Caoping Scenic Area 2018/3/18 68
Crown Hill 2018/3/18 69
Crown Cave 2018/3/18 70
Stalactites 2018/3/18 71
Half-Side Ferry 2018/3/18 72
Yangdi Scenic Area 2018/3/18 73
Nine-horse Painting 2018/3/18 74
One The Way To Xingping 2018/3/18 75
Sights on the Way 2018/3/18 76
Our Destination: Yangshuo 2018/3/18 77
Lijiang River 景点讲解 Make a simulatedeep in your mind the following places of interest, events and their futures when you make your introduction. • • 2018/3/18 1. The Bat Hill derives its name from two peaks with flat yellow cliffs which look like two flying bats. The peaks surrounding the Bat Hill is also breathtakingly marvelous. 2. The Crown Hill can be comparable to the Reed Flute Cave, and Banbian Du (Half. Side Ferry) is a scenic attraction where tourists can see idyllic life of the local people. 78
• • 2018/3/18 3. Nine-horse Painting Hill always inspires people’s imagination and their love for the landscape. You may ask tourists to figure out the number of horses on the natural fresco. 4. A small village in Xingping attracts numerous tourists to come, including Dr. Sun Yet-sun and US president Bill Clinton. It is worth recommending when the travel boat passes by. 79
Part F: Tourism Culture旅游文化 Chinese Calligraphy 旅游文化 Choose the best answer to complete the following statements. • 1. A Chinese calligrapher’s tools are commonly referred to as the “four treasures of the study” which include C except for A. brush stone C. seal 2018/3/18 B. ink and ink D. paper. 80
• 2. How could Chinese control the concentration of ink and the compatibility of font and size of each D piece or word? A. To practice word by word B. To practice stroke by stroke C. To have Qi circulating in the body. D. To get the spirit of the practice into one’s mind. 2018/3/18 81
• 3. What kind of exercise is used for the artist to practice calligraphy according to the text? B A. physical exercise. B. mental excercise. C. Qigong exercise. D. Wushu exercise. 2018/3/18 82
• 4. What does xing of Chinese scripts refer to? D A. the regular script. B. the clerical script. C. the cursive hand. D. the running hand. 2018/3/18 83
Part G: Translation for Tourist Sites Translation • 景点翻译 1. Located at the confluence (汇流) of the Yangjiang (阳江) and the Lijiang (漓江) rivers the Elephant Trunk Hill (象鼻山) is shaped very much like a giant elephant standing by the riverside, gulping water (吸 水) from the river with its long trunk dipping into it. • 象鼻山位于阳江和漓江汇流处，它的 形状颇象一头大象站在漓江岸边， 伸着鼻子在那里吸水。 2018/3/18 84
• 2. The hill in the Seven-star Park (七 星公园) consists of seven peaks, ranging in the shape of the Plough, ( 北斗七星) hence the name the Sevenstar Hill (七星山). The name of the park derives from the hill. • 七星公园的这座山有七座山峰，它们 的排列很像北斗七星，故称“七星山 ”。该公园也因此而得名。 2018/3/18 85
• • 2018/3/18 景点翻译 3. Lijiang River meanders (蜿蜒) among piles after piles of hills with grotesque peaks (奇峰) flanking the emerald and limpid water. To cruise along the river, no matter whether it’s fine or in rain you’ll find it fascinating (迷人) in either case for it offers a different taste. 漓江蜿蜒于群山之中，两岸奇峰竞秀，碧 水澄澈，水绕山环，沃野似锦。游江无论 晴雨，各有迷人之处，别具情趣。 86
• • 2018/3/18 4. 伏波山 (Taming Wave Hill)是个山奇洞 美的名胜之地。漓江碧流至此受到山的东 麓的阻遏(obstruct)，在此形成深潭，名为“ 伏波潭”(“Taming Wave Pool”)。 Taming Wave Hill is a well-known scenic attraction with a beautiful hill and charming caves. Obstructed by the hill the emerald water in the Lijiang River has formed a deep pool here, known as “Taming Wave Pool”. 87
• • 2018/3/18 景点翻译 5. 芦笛岩(Reed Flute Cave)是桂林奇特优美 的岩洞之一。洞内有大量形状奇特的石钟 乳(stalactite)、石笋 (stalagmite)等，在五 光十色的灯光配合下，呈现出光彩夺目 (dazzling)的壮观景象。 Reed Flute Cave is one of the spectacular and picturesque caves in the area of Guilin. In the cave there a lot of stalactites, stalagmites, etc, which presents a dazzling splendor with the effect strengthened by colorful lights. 88
• 6. 北海(Beihai)银滩(Silvery Beach)， 离北海市中心10公里，它以“滩长、 沙白、水净、浪软”而著称，被称为“ 中国第一滩”(“No. 1 Beach in China”)。 • Lying some 10 kilometers away from the city center the Silvery Beach in Beihai City is renowned for its “long beach, white sand, pure and clean water as well as gentle waves. ” 2018/3/18 89
The end Thank You! 2018/3/18 90