- Количество слайдов: 18
定语从句（一） • 1. 定语从句: 用来修饰主句中某一名词或代词的从句. 定 语 从 句 它一 般都跟在所修饰的名词或代词的后面, 被定语从 句修饰的词称为先行词, 引导定语从句的词叫关系词, 分为关系代词和关系副词. • 2. 引导词: 人 人 物 人/物 关系代词: who, whom, which, that, whose , as（主宾 表） 关系副词: when, where, why（状） (whose作定语; whom作宾语)
定语从句（二） that和which在指物的情况下一般都可以互 换, 但在下列情况下, 一般用that, 不用which。 (1) 先行词为all, everything, nothing, something, anything, little, much 等不定代词时。 I am sure she has something (that) you can borrow. (2)先行词被all, every, no, some, any, little, much等 修饰时。 I’ve read all the books that are not mine. (3)先行词被序数词或最高级修饰时。 This is the first book (that) he has read.
(4)先行词被the only, the very, the last修饰时。 This is the very book that I am looking for. （5）先行词既有人，又有物，引导词只用that The school and students that he visited made a deep impression (印象) on him. ( 6 )Who/Which/What…. . 之后引导词用that, 不用 who或which Who is the lady that is talking to our teacher? Which is the book that you want to read?
that • All ______ he learned from the teachers is valuable. • You can find all the information _______ you need on that the Internet. • He told me everything ______ he heard at the meeting. that • Sydney is the first place ______ I visited in Australia. that • This is the most amusing(惊讶的) story ______ I have that read. that • The only information _____ I got is his address. • This is the very moment ______ can decide your that future. • I’ll never forget the beautiful village and the kind villagers _____ I visited the summer holiday. that
定语从句（三）只用which , 不用that 1. 非限制性定语从句 He came late again, which made me angry. 2. 关系词前有介词 This is the room in which Chairman once lived. 3. 一个句子中含有两个定从，一个关系代词用 that, 另一个用which Let me show you the book that I borrowed from the library which was newly open to us.
1. One of 结构中： Tom is one of the boys who were late. Tom is the (only/the only) of the boys who was late. 2. I , who _____ fond of music , decide am to major in music at college.
定语从句（四） • 引导词在从句中做宾语，可以省略。 • Your friend (______ studies in who /that Beijing University )came to see you yesterday. who/that /whom/— • He is the man(__________you have been waiting for. ) which/that/— The necklace (_______ Mary borrowed from her friend) was made of glass. The book (that I borrowed it from the library) is well written. /
定语从句（五） • 关系代词在从句中作介词的宾语时，可以把介词 提前，介词 + which/whom • The man ________ you talked to is whom/who/that/--a famous actor. whom • The man to ______you talked is a famous actor. which/that/--- • The book _________I heard about was written years ago. which • The book about ____I heard was written years ago.
1. Do you know the student _______? C A. whom I often talk B. with who I often talk C. I often talk with D. that I often talk 2. Can you tell me the book ______the other A day? A. you talked about B. about that you talked about C. that you talked D. which you talked
定语从句（六） • 当先行词为时间、地点名词，且从句中缺少时间、地点 状语，用关系副词when, where引导从句。 • 当先行词为reason, 且从句中缺少原因状语，用关系副 词why 引导从句 I still remember the day _____I first came to Ji xi. when I’ll never forget the time _______we worked on the when farm. where This is the house ______we lived last year. The factory where ______his father works is in the west of the city. This was the reason ______I was late. why
• • • Tell the difference between them. which/that This is the factory( _______ makes shoes. ) This is the factory( ______ his father works. ) where This is the factory (_______ we visited which/that/--yesterday. ) The day( ______ I will never forget )is which/that/-January 30 th. I can not forget the day (____ I joined the when party). # why Please tell me the reason( _______you are late. ) He has told me the reason( _______ can which/that explain his absence(缺席) from the meeting. ) which/that /--The reason (_______he told us) was not
定语从句（七） 1. 关系副词when 和where引导的定语从句中， when和where 可以用介词+which 来代替，介 词要根据与先行词的关系来确定。 when /in which He will remember the years ________he studied at college. where /on which This is the farm ________my father used to work. 2. 关系副词why引导的定语从句中, why 可以用 for+which 来代替 Do you know the reason why/ for which he was
1. Is this the hospital _______he worked ten C years ago? A. that B. which C. in which D. in where 2. His uncle works in a factory ______bicycles are C made. A that B. which C. where D. in that 3. The Second World War _____millions of people A were killed ended in 1945. A during which B. in that C. where D. on
2. 根据先行词确定. when, where, why= 介词＋ 关系代词。 . I’ll never forget the day on which （= when ）I joined the army. . The factory in which （= where）his father works is far away from my hometown. . I don’t know the reason for which （＝ why）he was late for school. . This is the camera with which he often takes photos.
Practice 1. As we all know , the earth is round. 2. As is mentioned above, smoking is bad for our health. 3. You have made the same mistake as you made last time. 4. As is known to everyone, the moon travels round the earth every month. 5. As is often the case, he wins the first in the examination.
• Peter _____ I played tennis on Sundays was fatter than I. with whom • His house ______ he paid $10, 000 ten years ago is now for which worth $30, 000. • I lost my glasses _______ I could see nothing. without which • There is a big tree _______ some people are sitting and under which chatting. with which • They collected much money ______ they could help the disabled. in which • Yesterday we visited the Century Park ______ there are many pigeons. • You can get off at the next stop ______ you can change at which for the No. 10 bus. • There is the plane _____ I came to Shanghai. on which
1. He built a telescope ____ he could study the sky. C A in which B. with that C. through which D. by it 2. I have two pens, _______writes well. B A. None of which B. neither of which C. none of them D. neither of them 3. That tree, the branches(树枝)＿＿are almost bare(秃的 B )，is very old. A. whose B. of which C. in which D. on which 4. The train _____he was trvelling was 10 minutes late. B A. which B. on which C. for which D. on that 5. This is the film____ I am interested. A A. in which B at which C. in that D. on which
定语从句应注意问题 • 但含有介词的短语动词一般不拆开，介词仍放在 动词后面，不提前。 1. This is the watch which he was looking for. This is the watch for which he was looking. 2. The babies whom the nurses are looking after are healthy. The babies after whom the nurses are looking are healthy. 3. The village that she lives in is two miles. The village in that she lives is two miles. The village in which she lives is two miles.