- Количество слайдов: 14
Unit 4 Sharing: helping others & volunteers
Share: to have, use , pay, or take part in something with others among a group rather than singly. 1. Children should be told to share their toys. 2. We share the cost of the meal. 3. We all share the responsibility for these terrible events. 4. It’s always better to share your worries and problems.
What do you do to help--1 your parents 2 other relatives 3 your friends 4 people in your community 5 people outside your community Name:
Reading --- Task 1. Scanning Jo 1. _____ is a young Australian women. Rosemary 2. _____ was dying to hear all about Jo’s life in Papua New Guinea. The boys 3. _____ walked a long way to get to the school. The boys and Jo 4. ______ didn’t have anytextbooks. Jo 5. ______ became a lot more imaginative when teaching. The boys 6. ______ started jumping out the windows during a chemistry experiment.
7. Jenny and Jo visited a village that was _____ the home of one of the boys, Tombe. Kiak 8. _____ started crying “ieee” to welcome them 9. _____ led us to a low bamboo Mucap hut. Kiak 10. _____ was going to share the platform with Jenny and Jo. 11. ______ softly talked to each Tombe’s family other in their language Jo didn’t understand.
Reading Sum Up the main idea of each part: Part 1 (Paragraph 1) : Part 2 (Paragraph 2 -3): Part 3 (Paragraph 4 -7): Part 4 (Paragraph 8):
Reading The main idea of each part: Part 1 (Paragraph 1) : Opening of the letter and introduction to what will be talked about in the passage. Part 2 (Paragraph 2 -3): The school where Jo worked and Jo’s work at school. Part 3 (Paragraph 4 -7): Jo and Jenny visited Tombe’s home in the village. Part 4 (Paragraph 8): Closing of the letter.
The visit to Tombe’s home Materials of the bamboo It is made of ______. house low bamboo The house is a_____ hut Looks of a man’s with_________ grass sticking out of house ___. the roof Sleeping Jenny and I sleep on a newly made platfrom arrangements __________ I can only see a few tin plates and cups and a ___________ Possessions couple of pots _______ We eat sweet potato, ______, Diet corn _____ and greens.
1. 收到sb的来信 2. 极想做……; 渴望 3. 达到; 高达; 由sb负责 4. 适应 1. hear from 2. be dying to do 3. up to 4. adapt to 5. 有一点是可以肯定的 5. one thing is for sure 6. 偶然遇到或发现; 碰见 6. come across 7. 与……有关 7. be relevant to 8. 对……有影响/关系 8. make some/a/any difference ( to…)
9. 渐渐开始 9. get/come to do 10. 和sb握手 10. shake hands with 11. 伸出 11. stick out 12. 两件, 两个 12. a couple of 13. 用……覆盖 13 cover …with… 14. 完全变干; 干透 14. dry out 15. 在夜间 15. In the night 16. (指河流, 井等)干涸 16. dry up 17. 备课 17. prepare lessons
Learn about Language Discovering useful words and expressions
1. Find words in the reading passage that have the following meanings. 1 to change slightly to make something work better adjust 2 a metal shelf for cooking meat, toasting bread, etc grill 3 connected with what is being done or discussed relevant 4 opening to a room, building, etc doorway 5 an honour privilege 6 how something is organized arrangement
2. Complete the paragraph with words or phrases from the reading passage. Sharon looked at herself in the mirror and sighed. sticking out Her hair was _______ all over the place. She smoothed it down with a wet comb. She thought about the time when she had met him three months before. He was the nicest boy she had evercome across ____. He had rung her often but now she hadn't heard from ____ him for two weeks. Why not? She decided to find out. She walked down to the ____ to catch the train. platform She felt both excited and nervous. She was see dying out ________ him again but what if he didn't want to see her?