- Количество слайдов: 19
«Let the Music Begin…»
Bach [ba: k] Johann [′jәuhæn] Sebastian [sә′bæstiәn] Bartok [ba: tәk] Bela [′beilә] Вeethoven [′beithәuvәn] Ludwig [′ludvig] Van Chopin [′∫opæn] Frederic [′frederik] Dvořak [′dvo: 3æk] Antonin [′æntәuni: n] Debussy [de′bju: si] Claude [klәud] Gershwin [′ge: ∫win] George Grieg [gri: g] Edvard [′edva: d] Liszt [list] Franz [frænts] Mozart [′mәutsa: r] Wolfgang [wulfgæŋ] Amadeus [æmә′deiәs] Mendelssohn [′mendәlsәn] Felix [′fi: liks]
Mussorgsky [mә′zo: gski] Modest Petrovich Puccini [pu′t∫i: ni] Giacomo [′d 3ækәmәu] Rossini [ro′si: ni] Gioacchino [′d 3әuә′ki: nәu] Ravel [ræ′vel] Maurice [mo: ′ri: s] Schubert [′∫u: bәt] Franz [frænts] Shostakovich [′∫ostә′kәuvit∫] Dimitrievich Stravinsky [strә′vinski] Igor Fedorovich Vivaldi [vi′vældi] Antonio [æn′tәuniәu] Verdi [′vεәdi] Giuseppe [d 3 u′zepi] Wagner [′va: gnә] Richard [′rit∫әd] Webber Andrew Lloyd
Peter Tchaikovski “Autumn song” Sergei Rachmaninoff “Spring waters” Ludwig van Beethoven “Appassionato ”
“Promenade Concerts” • What does the word “Promenade” mean? • Who invented them? • For what reasons?
Are you a good audience? You mustn’t drink or eat during the performance. You must try not to cough during the music. You mustn’t take pictures. You must ensure that all alarms are switched off.
1. Russian composer, the author of “Schelkuntchik”. Peter Tchaikovsky
2. German composer who continued writing music after he became completely deaf. Ludwig Van Beethoven
3. English composer, the author of the 1 st British opera. Henry Purcell
4. English composer, who started the Aldeburgh Festival. Benjamin Britten
5. Russian composer and piano player, best known for his piano concertos. Sergei Rachmaninoff
6. German musician and composer, well-known for his organ music. Johann Sebastian Bach
7. German composer, who wrote the Wedding March. Felix Mendelssohn
8. Austrian composer who began to compose music before he was 5 years old. Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
9. Italian composer who wrote concertos, operas, sonatas. Antonio Vivaldi
10. Russian violoncello player and conductor, who was made to immigrate. Rostislav Rostropovich
“The Phantom of the Opera” Be, Capture, Cover, Decide, Disappear, Die, Do, Enter, Find, Free, Have, Know, Live, Learn, Look, Love, Leave, Make, Marry, Rush, Travel, Understand Write two forms of the regular and irregular verbs. Regular Verbs Capture - captured Irregular Verbs Be - was
Choose the appropriate verb to complete this story about the Phantom of the Opera. The Phantom _______ in the basement of the Paris Opera House. People who ____ the basement couldn't _______ the way out. Who _____ he? A ghost, a living being, a monster? Only Christine _____ that the Phantom ______ an unhappy man who _____ born so ugly that he ______ to cover his face with a mask. He _____ around the world and ____ many things, he _______ many fascinating stories and legends and he _____ a great singer. At last the Phantom _____ on kidnapping Christine and _______ her _______ him. When Christine ______ Raoul ______ who _____ it: it _____ the Phantom. Raoul _____ to the basement and ________ by the Phantom. In the long run the Phantom ________ that Christine ______ love him. He ____ Christine and Raoul. They _______ Paris forever and ______ alone in a quiet place. The Phantom _____ in the basement of the Opera House alone and lonely.
Home task Ex. 3 p. 61 Compare the musical life in Britain and in Russia (complete the table)