- Количество слайдов: 8
Lesson 8: The Christian’s Stewardship
1. Definition of Stewardship A. From Greek, “Oikonomos” – from “oikos” meaning house i. e. management of a household. B. “Pisteuo” – trustee – one to whom something is entrusted e. g. Entrusted with gifts - 1 Peter 4: 10 according as each hath received a gift, ministering it among yourselves, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God C. “Metochos” – a partner and fellow-worker with God - 1 Corinthians 3: 9 For we are God's fellow-workers: ye are God's husbandry, God's building.
2. God owns Everything A. This world. Psalm 24: 1 – “The earth is the Lord’s, and all its fullness, the world and those who dwell therein. ” 1. Definition of Stewardship B. Our lives. Galatians 2: 20 – “I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me…” C. Our Possessions - I Chronicles 29: 12 -14 – “Both riches and honor come from You, and You reign over all. In Your hand is power and might; in Your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all… for all things come from You, and of Your own we have given you. ”
3. Three Areas of stewardship 1. Definition of Stewardship 2. God owns everything A. Sharing with others our material possessions - I Tim. 6: 17 -19 – “Command those who are rich in this present age not to be haughty, nor to trust in uncertain riches but in the living God, who gives us richly all things to enjoy. Let them do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to give, willing to share, storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life. ” B. Develop and use our God-given abilities for service in the kingdom - I Pet. 4: 10 – “As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God… that in all things, God may be glorified. ” C. Keep our body strong and healthy for service, not to abuse our body - I Cor. 3: 16 – 17 – “Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. ”
4. Principles of Stewardship A. God owns everything - we are simply managers or administrators acting on his behalf 1. Definition of Stewardship 2. God owns everything 3. 3 Areas of stewardship B. One day each one of us will be called to give an account of how we have managed what the Master has given us. C. Faithful stewards who do the master’s will with the master’s resources can expect to be rewarded incompletely in this life, but fully in the next. Matthew 25: 21.
5. The Stewardship Lifestyle A. Responsible - 2 Timothy 2: 4 - No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier. 1. Definition of Stewardship 2. God owns everything 3. 3 Areas of stewardship 4. Principles of Stewardship B. God's total sovereignty - Job 1: 21 - And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. C. Giving of our very best - Colossians 3: 23 -24 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.
Discussion Questions • 1. What does Christian stewardship mean to me? What does discipleship and stewardship have in common? • 2. How can I deepen my commitment as a Christian Steward? Am I serving God faithfully as a Christian steward? ><