- Количество слайдов: 17
Ethiopia The Role of HR in building effective International NGO. People In Aid Conference 8 th Feb 2008, Geneva
Organizational Effectiveness In this presentation we will look at how the HR Function can help an organization be effective.
Organizational effectiveness is an organization’s ability to maximize results in the competitive environment. Focus on People NGOs need to focus on organizational effectiveness, through people’s innovation and the development of new ideas.
Corporate Approach to the managent of HR. n n The focus on people, their performance, innovation and creativity is the professional concern of HR. But Managing people is not limited to HR professionals. The responsibility should spread through out the organization, involving all level of management. A strategic foundation should also be laid out to manage our people effectively and efficiently
HR as contributor to mission accomplishment. HR functions are being increasingly required to show they enable their organizations maximize the contribution of people to the effective delivery of the organization's goals. The HR function supports organization’s plan, goals and strategies by focusing attention on a framework of : n n n Employee attraction and retention. Employee relations and staff well - being Employee development and Performance Management Workforce Planning and Workload management Equity and Diversity
HR’s Role in developing effective international NGO. The focus of HR’s endeavors in NGOs must focus on the following three essentials: 1. Effective leadership, 3. A Highly Motivated and diverse workforce of skilled and committed people 3. An organizational set up and process designed to enable people to achieve
1. Effective Leadership Effective leadership is the top priority to develop an effective NGO which can maximize results by delivering quality ministry. Effective leaders recognize that what they know is very little in comparison to what they still need to learn. Hence, the role of HR will be to : n n n Suggest competencies for effective leadership in organizations. Design leadership and management development plan Assist leaders to manage their own learning
2. A highly motivated and diverse workforce of skilled and committed people n n Competent and satisfied people are a prerequisite for organizational effectiveness In the development and people in Aid sector, it is only the service that a committed staff have furnished to the community or beneficiaries that will result in transformation
2. A highly motivated and diverse workforce of skilled and committed people cont…. . 2. 1 What is the role of HR If people are to be the source of new ideas and a prerequisite for organizational effectiveness, the responsibility of HR is to help the staff be aligned to the purpose and direction of the ministry through capacity building , succession planning , and building trust.
2. A highly motivated and diverse workforce of skilled and committed people cont… 2. 1. 1 HR involvement in capacity building and succession planning : n n Identify gaps in current competency level. Establish process and policy Ensure that succession planning candidates for key positions will have Individual development plan (IDP) Ensure that employee get the support that they need to develop their skills and knowledge they require to deliver organizational needs
2. A highly motivated and diverse workforce of skilled and committed people cont…. 2. 1. 2 Trust is pivotal for effective people management. What is the role of HR n n n in making Trust pervade in NGOs Partner with management in introducing servant leadership that: trusts, empowers, supports, and encourages. Advise management to concentrate on healing kind of leadership. Conduct a broad array of community building activities across the organization
3. A suitable organizational set up and process designed to enable people to achieve Enhancing organizational efficiency takes: n n Establishing appropriate structure, systems and process to enable people to produce the high level of creativity, energy and effort to generate efficient service to the community Developing all the resources, personal, physical, technological and systems, needed to achieve an NGOs future directions.
3. 3. 1 A suitable organizational set up and process designed to enable people to achieve HR has a critical role to play in organizational design, chief among which are the following : n Speak to OD issues with unique insights on how to identify areas of inefficiency. n Suggest a structured method for improving business processes. n n Play key role in developing, reviewing and refining structure, policies and practices, and eliminating non value added steps. Encouraging departments and divisions to more effectively implement the new methods, systems, and directions of work on an ongoing basis.
How will HR need to change ? Many organizations are reviewing their HR service and systems and evaluating how strategic their HR Function is, as they consider to increase the role of HR to make it more effective. Are you ready to change ?
How will HR need to change ? Cont… You will need to audit your HR function to : n Identify whether the current HR function is meeting service needs. n Determine whether their processes and systems help deliver an efficient and effective service n Identify whether HR practitioners have the necessary skills and competencies to deliver strategic people management.
To build effective International NGO We need to create a healthy community, where all hands work together as one Effective HR plays vital role in mobilizing individual commitment
Thank you and Good Day