Making the transition to operation.pptx
- Количество слайдов: 12
* Chapter 8
* *The radical innovation project team faces a set of hurdles at the end of its long and winding road. It must make it through the metamorphosis from PROJECT to OPERATING business.
* 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Finding right home Create a Transition team Assess transition readiness Develop a detailed Transition plan Identify Transition senior Management Champions * Establish a transition 6. 7. team oversight board Provide transition funding and commitment lay the groundwork for a big market
* *Selecting the appropriate location for the new operating is a critical decision. *Strategic business unit
* *To accomplish the job of bridging the difficult gap between project and operating business, a transition team should include three sets of individuals: * Personnel from the radical innovation project team * Personnel from the receiving operating unit * Transition management experts
* *This involves information sharing and negotiation between the PROJECT TEAM and THE RECEIVING OPERATING UNIT. *The two sides determine how much progress the project team has made and how much progress the receiving team will require. With this mutual understanding, the transition tasks can be identified, and the resources and competencies required for completing the transition can be defined.
* *This should be the first task of the transition team. Most of the information for the plan should be available in the project team’s knowledge base and readiness assessment exercise. *This plan should define: * Tasks * Timetable * Roles * Responsibilities of members
* *The leadership of the firm * Senior corporate management * The chief technology officer * The R&D director * Receiving business unit manager They need to give the transition process a high priority if it is to be successful.
* *No money – no honey *Financing project *Good possibilities for staff
* *Ultimate goal – killer business