- Количество слайдов: 55
Advance with English 牛津高中英语 (模块一 ·高一上学期)
Unit 2 Reading II Home Alone
Retell the play in a few sentences according to some key words. Back, vacation, earlier than expected, Eric and Daniel, play soccer, surprised and frightened, room, a mess, money, dog food, missing, leave…in charge, go unpunished, fault, a chance to explain, hate, vet, spend all day waiting there, be hard on, rude, punish…
Important Phrases turn up turn down turn off turn in turn …into… turn out to be turn to sb for help 出现，调高 拒绝，调低 打开 关闭 交还、把…上交 使…变成 证明是/结果是… 向…求助
Important Phrases a waste of time/money waste time/money (in) doing sth waste time/money on sth waste things try to do sth try doing sth torce sb to do/into doing sth by force choose to do sth choose from 浪费时间/钱 浪费…做某事 浪费…在…上 废物 努力干… 尝试干… 迫使某人干… 用武力/强迫 选择/宁愿干… 从…中挑选
Important Phrases surprise sb 使…惊讶 a surpring story 一个令人惊讶的故事 (sb)be surprised at sth (某人)对…惊讶 to one’s surprise=surpringly 令人惊讶的是 What a pleasant surprise! 真是一个惊喜！ follow one’s advice 采纳某人…的建议 the following day 第二天 What …do with 处理… How …deal with 处理… explain sth to sb 向…某人解释 explain to sb sth
Important Phrases leave the door open 让门开着 leave the water running 让水一直流 leave the home work unfinished 留着作业没做完 leave alone 不管 leave behind 留下，落下 负责，掌管… be in charge of 在…的负责下 be in the charge of 负责, 掌管… take charge of should have done sth 本应该干…(事实没有) shouldn’t have done sth 本不应该干…(事实干了)
Important Phrases stop to do sth stop doing stop sb (from)doing =prevent sb (from)doing keep sb from doing sth shout at sb shout to sb deserve to do deserve sth feel like doing remember to do remember doing 停下来去干… 停止干… 阻止某人干… 朝…大喊大叫 向某人呼喊 值得做… 理应得到… 想干… 记得去干… 记得干过…
1. Mom…. arrive back from vacation a day earlier than expected 比预期的，比预料的。是 一种省略结构。又如： You did better in the exam than (you had been) expected. The project was finished later than (it had been)expected.
拓展： expect sth from sb从……期待…… He could expect help from his friends He knows what his parents expect from him. expect sb. to do sth. / there to be 如： We can’t expect one to change the habit of lifetime in a short time. They expected there to be some chances.
-Do you think the Stars will beat the Bulls? -Yes. They have better players, so I _____ them to win. (NMET 1999) A. hope B. prefer C. expect D. want
1. Does this meal cost ＄50? I _____ something far better than this! (2007全国I) A. prefer B. expect C. suggest D. suppose
2. Eric runs in after it, followed by a big dog, walking very slowly. (followed作伴随状语, walking作定语) 1) The teacher came into the classroom, following the students. 2) The teacher came into the classroom, followed by the students. 3) There was a terrible noise, following the sudden burst of light (闪电). 4) There was a sudden burst of light, followed by a terrible noise.
Summary 分词的选择取决于主句的主语。如主句的 主语是动作的发出者，就选用现在分词表主动; 主语是动作的承受者, 就选用过去分词表被动; 1. We all know that, , the situation will get worse. (2007全国Ⅰ) A. not if dealt carefully with B. if not carefully dealt with C. if dealt not carefully with D. not if carefully dealt with
2. The children went home from the grammar school, their lessons _____ for the day. (2007重庆) A. finishing B. finished C. had finished D. were finished 3. ____ that she didn’t do a good job, I don’t think I am abler than her. (2007陕西) A. To have said B. Having said C. To say D. Saying
3. …you weren’t supposed to come home until… be supposed to (do) 被期望或要求; 应该 (= be expected to / be required to do) 1)乘车时每个人都应该系上安全带。 Everyone is supposed to wear a seat belt in the car. 2)公交车应该在五点开车，但是到现在还没到 呢。 The bus is supposed to leave at 5: 00, but it hasn’t come yet. Suppose/Supposing he saw you now, what would you say?
The message is very important, so it is supposed _____ as soon as possible. (2008陕西高考) A. to be sent B. to send C. being sent D. sending
4. The money with which you were to buy dog food is gone… 此处were to 表示一种义务、责任。表示“ 必须、应该”。意思接近于should, must, ought to, have to。 如： You were to finish the project before Sunday but you didn’t. 你应该在星期天 之前完成这个项目, 可是你却没有.
No one is to leave the building. 谁也不得离开这楼房。 You are not to smoke in this room. =You are not supposed to smoke in this room. 你不该在这个房间里吸烟。 You are to be back by 10 o’clock. 你 10点钟前必须回来。
此外， be to +动词不定式 还可以表示 “ 计划”、“安排”、“可能”、“命运”等。 如： He is to have a holiday. 表示将来 计划、安排 The committee is to meet today. Not a single sound was to be heard. 可能性 They said goodbye, little knowing they were never to meet again. 表示命中注定的事
In such dry weather, the flowers will have to be watered if they____. (2001上海) A．have survived B. are to survive C. would survive D. will survive
with+复合宾语常见结构 ① He stood there with his hand in his pocket． with+宾语+介词短语 ② He was fast asleep with his mouth open． 形容词 ③ They sat in silence with the light on for an hour． 副词
④ With the guide leading the way, we got out of the forest without any difficulty． 现在分词 ⑤ He fell asleep with all the windows closed. 过去分词 ⑥ With two exams to worry about, I have to work really hard this weekend． 不定式
____two exams to worry about , I have to work really hard this weekend. (北京. 2004) A. Besides B. With C. As for D. Because of
I couldn’t do my homework with all that noise _______. (2005北京卷) A. going on B. goes on C. went on D. to go on
1. John received an invitation to dinner, and with his work , he gladly accepted it. （2007安徽） A. finished B. finishing C. having finished D. was finished
5. …remember the day when we left you in charge? (P 22) leave 使得 / 让 (处于某种状态) a)Don’t leave her waiting in the rain． 别让她在雨里等。 b) Don’t leave all the lights on/ leave the door open． 别把所有的灯都／门开着。
6. charge n. ① in charge of … 负责…… in the charge of = in one’s charge 由……负责 take charge of 负责 如： —Who is in charge of the factory? —Mr. Li will take charge of the project. = The project is in his charge. The Department stores are in the charge of Mr. Li.
2. free of charge= charge sb some money for sth
7. This is not a family where bad behavior goes unpunished… 此处go是联系动词，后接动词的过去分词。 go unpunished =go without being+ p. p
No one can go unpunished if he breaks the law. 如果犯法，没有人可以不受到惩罚的。 go 处于……状态，后还可接形容词。 如： go bad/hungry/mad/blind/grey/red
8. run into 偶然遇见 My mother ran into an unexpected guest this morning. 9. go out 灯、火等的熄灭 The light in the room suddenly went out.
10. Daniel and Eric’s bedroom, . . . who has his arms crossed and looks angry. （双手交叉） 此处是 have something done的结构，表 使……处于……状态。 ① 有某种遭遇或经历 The lady had her wallet stolen/picked at the cinema last night.
②请/让……做某事 She had her long hair cut short yesterday. ③完成 I must have my work finished by Sunday. ④表示“让某人做某事”有几种表达方法： have sb do sth make sb to sth let sb do sth get sb to go sth 如： I’ll get your father to help you. 我叫你父亲来帮你。
You should understand the traffic rule by now. You’ve had it ____ often enough. (2005 天津) A. explaining B. to explain C. explain D. explained
---“Do you have anything _____, Professor Smith? ” ---“No, thanks. ” (2008上海高考) A. to type B. typing C. to be typed D. being typed I have a lot of homework _____(do). This is the watch I want to_____. A. have repaired B. have it repaired C. have repair D. have to repair it
11. They don’t deserve to know the truth. 此处deserve to do表示“值得”； deserve 意为“应该得到、应受(赏罚等) ”。如： These people deserve our help. 这些人值得我们帮助。 They really worked hard and they deserve to be rewarded.
12. Do you think we were too hard on Daniel？(P 23) be hard on sb. 对某人严厉，对某人苛刻 继母对白雪公主很苛刻。 Stepmother is very hard on Snow White. 不要对一个 10岁的孩子说这些话，这对他 来说太重了些。 Don’t say that to a ten-year-old boy. You are too hard on him.
13. now that (P 23) = since “既然”, 放句首, 表显而易见的原因。 1. 既然大家都在, 我们就开始吧。 Now that everyone is here, let’s begin our work. 2. 既然你完成了 作, 可以走了。 Now that you have finished your work, you can go now. 3. 既然这里没有别人, 我们可以无拘束地谈了。 Now that we are alone, we can talk freely.
_____ you've got a chance，you might as well make full use of it. (NMET l 999) A. Now that B. After C. Although D. As soon as
14. I feel like we have to punish him… 1. Do you feel like parents try to force you to spend your spare time doing things you don’t like? 你觉得像是你的父母企图强迫你花时间 做你不喜欢的事情吗? 2. 如果你想要, 我们可以外出散步。 If you feel like it, we can go out for a walk. 3. 这种材料摸起来像丝绸。 The material feels like silk.
---Do you feel like _____ there or shall we take a bus？ --- I'd like to walk. But since there isn't much time left, I'd rather we _______ a taxi. A. walking; hired B. to walk; hire C. to walk; hired D. walking; hire
• • • Should have done sth=ought to have done Should have done sth 你本应该 10分钟之前到家的。 你本不应该告诉他真相的。 must have done sth 肯定干了某事 他肯定知道真相。
1. than expected 2. be supposed to do 2. 3. be to do sth 4. In a mess 3. 5. Leave sb in charge of sth 4. 6. go unpunished 5. 7. run into 8. go out 6. 9. have one’s arms crossed 7. 10. deserve to do 11. be hard on 8. 12. now that 13. feel like
Practice 1. 这些计划预计很快将被实施。(expect) 2. 一群学生跟在老师身后进来了。 (follow) 3. 人们指望他当一名科学家，他却选择 当了医生。 (be supposed to) 4. 中国人用洋油的日子一去不复返了。 (gone)
5. 这些货物不能不包装。（go） 6. 你最好请医生给你女儿检查一下。 (have sb. done) 7. 这问题值得进一步讨论。(deserve) 8. 既然你长大了，你必须停止这样幼稚 的行为。 (now that) 9. 你考试失败了。你本应该努力学习的。 (should have done) 10. 不要对孩子太苛刻。(hard)
Suggested answers: 1. These plans are expected to be put into practice soon. 2. A group of students came in, following the teacher. 3. He was supposed to become a scientist but he chose to be a doctor. 4. Gone are the days when the Chinese people used foreign oil.
5. These goods can’t go unpacked. (go without being packed. ) 6. You’d better have your daughter examined. 7. This question deserves a further discussion= deserves to be discussed further.
8. Now that you are grown up, you must stop this childish behavior. 9. You failed in the exam. You should have studied hard. 10. Don’t be too hard on children.
Homework Finish the multiple choices below
单项填空 1. The manager is going on business next week and the company will be left ______Mike. A. in charge of B. in the charge of C. taking charge of D. taking the charge of 2. My son didn’t feel like ______ today. So I suggested him _______ some days in the countryside. A. working; spending B. to work; to spend C. working; to spend D. to work; spending 3. Do you know that the music group we have been _______ will be here tomorrow? A. wishing B. looking forward to coming C. expecting D. hoping 4. Many of his former classmates have become managers, bosses or hold other important positions, but he still _____ an ordinary worker in a small factory. A. stays. B. keeps C. goes on with D. remains 5. Professor Wang entered the classroom, _____ a group of students. A. following with. B. followed with C. followed by D. following by 6. ---Have you recognized me ? ---Yes, ____ I saw you. A. while B. the moment C. the time D. once
7. ____ difficulties we may come across, we’ll help one another to overcome them. A. Wherever B. Whenever C. However D. Whatever 8. _____ we have finished the course, we shall start doing more revision work. A. For B. Now that C. Ever since D. By now 9. Do you think the reason _______ he gave is believable. A. for which B. which C. why D. what 10. The science of medicine, ____ progress has been very rapid recently, is perhaps the most important of all science. A. to which B. with which C. for which D. in which 11. Anyone who intends to pass the test ____ is sure ____. A. by cheating; of punishing B. in cheating; to go punished C. by cheating; to go punished D. through cheating; of punished 12. --- You haven’t bought any butter? --- I _______ to, but I forgot about it. A. liked. B. wished C. meant D. supposed
13. The parents left their eldest son Daniel _____ of their house while they were away. A. in the charge B. in charge C. in his charge D. in a charge 14. There was ____ time _____ I hated to go to school. A. a; that B. a; when C. the; that D. the; when 15. He’s got himself into a dangerous situation ____ he is likely to lose control over the plane. A. where B. which C. while D why 16. Nobody noticed the thief slip into the house because the lights happened to _______. A. be put up. B. give in C. be turned on D. go out 17. You can never imagine _____ we had on the beach during our last holiday. A. how many funs B. how much fun C. what a fun D. fun
18. The best job is ____ which uses your skill in doing something together with your interest in the subject. A. something B. the one C. one D. it 19. Plants grow well ____ there is plenty of water and sunshine. A. which B. in which C. that. D. where 20. --- Why did you go back to the shop? --- I had my friend ______ there. A. waiting B. to wait C. wait D. waits